World Wonders which Civ Players have visited?

East India Company - if India House in London counts

Yeah, that's what I figured. The strange thing is that the building's picture is that of very Dutch buildings, but it has an English flag on it - I've been to both, so I figured that counted :p

How much money you Westerners have to visit all those wonders? Just joking ;). You really are lucky to have seen all these wonders. Because I haven't seen any of them.

Unfortunately same here. Except seeing the statue of liberty from a boat.

- Alhambra
- Broadway
- Chichen Itza
- Eiffel Tower
- Forbidden Palace
- Great Wall
- Louvre
- Machu Picchu
- Notre Dame
- Statue of Liberty
- Terracotta Army
- UN

Great Wall
Forbidden Palace
Angkor Wat
Terracotta Army
Hagia Sofia
Machu Picchu
Chichen Itza
Leaning Tower
Big Ben
Sistine Chapel
UN
Statue of Lib
Broadway
CN Tower
Pentagon

World Wonder

CN Tower

Natural Wonders

Old Faithful
Barringer Crater

Project

Apollo Program (Cape Canaveral/Kennedy Space Center)

For reasons best-known to Firaxis, the Grand Canyon isn't a Civ Natural Wonder.

Only one natural wonder allowed in Arizona.

There are definitely too many which are just popular tourist sites rather than anything special architecturally or culturally. My personal bugbear is Cristo Redentor, but there are now many others joining it, such as CN Tower (if you want a skyscraper, why has the Empire State Building never been a Wonder?)

The CN Tower isn't a skyscraper, it's a tower. A really tall tower.

What makes the Statue of Liberty more special than Cristo Redentor, or Eiffel Tower more than CN Tower?

To be honest, I have a suspicion that some of the WWs are just there to have a wonder for different countries

Yeah, I guess they wanted the world wonders to be spread about the world. How odd.

Forbidden Palace
Great Wall
Terra Cotta
Statue of Liberty
Neuschwanstein
Broadway

I've seen Big Ben and Brandenburg Gate but didn't spend time on them.

Hopefully Taj Mahal and Angkor Wat next - I live in Thailand and this two places are close + not expensive to reach.

Out of natural wonders, I've only seen Mt. Fuji.

Broadway, Big Ben, Statue of Liberty, flown over Stonehenge but didn't visit, and though it isn't a wonder I've always thought it should be St. Paul's Cathedral.

The Pillar of Artemis ;)

Sadly there has been an great absence of world wonders where I've traveled. :sad:

Big Ben*
Brandenburg Gate
Broadway
Chicken Itza
Cristo Redentor
Eiffel Tower*
The Kremlin
Louvre
Machu Picchu
Notre Dame
Pentagon*
Statue of Liberty*

Also The Hermitage and Oxford University if we're counting "national" wonders.

Planning to visit Uffizi and the Leaning Tower this spring.

*Have seen, haven't actually been 'in'

For the most part they were all pretty awesome. I'd have to pick Macchu Picchu, Chicken Itza, The Kremlin, and Notre Dame as the ones that 'wow-ed' me the most. Notre Dame even managed to be impressive despite having seen plenty of cathedrals by then and pouring through with throngs of tourists. OTOH trying to see the Mona Lisa et al through packs of people was not nearly as rewarding.

Seen from outside:
Circus Maximum
Big Ben
Notre Dame
Statue of Liberty
The Forbidden Palace
The Kremlin
The Louvre
The UN building
The sight of the Prora wonder

The National Intelligence agency of my country and the building where the East Indian company was housed.

Visited:
Bradenburg Gate
Broadway
Eiffel Tower
Great Wall
Hagia Sofia
The Sistine Chapel
Palace:rolleyes:

How much money you Westerners have to visit all those wonders? Just joking ;). You really are lucky to have seen all these wonders. Because I haven't seen any of them.

Traveling via plane is the most expensive part.

If you can get creative and if you are not afraid of taking risks then it's otherwise no more expensive (plane included, assuming you bought your tickets far enough in advance) than a weekend of dining out and a couple of movies.

I've been mugged numerous times (I always travel with my money in two-three separate spots), I often try to limit myself to $1 street food whenever possible (has gotten me really sick numerous times), and for accommodation I look for the cheapest place to stay depending on the location (that is, a hostel, camping outdoors, couch surfing, or even meeting someone during my adventures and trusting them and staying at their house for free). You have to sacrifice the daily comforts you're used to to see the world, but it's worth it. Traveling through Asia cheap is the easiest of all the regions in the world

Cristo Redentor
Louvre
Eiffel Tower
Notre Dame
Statue of Liberty
Broadway

Now that I think of, I am disappointed with myself. I should have traveled more.
:blush:

Big Ben.
Stonehenge.
Hagia Sophia (the best on the list!).
The Oracle.
Statue of Zeus (where is was, anyway. And the workshop where it was made).
Globe Theatre.
Parthenon.

I've visited Oxford University too, but that's a national wonder.

Only one other person has been to the Oracle- would have thought it would be more...

Top Bottom