Worldbuilder broken

Im having the same problem

Also, my senarios are now forcing my to play as the civ I have designated as Player 1

Same here - Aaargh, I was just looking forward to giving CiV another shot and now this...

\Skodkim

Firaxis better not wait until the next patch to fix this. This is an extremely large problem, especially right now. Many mod builders are trying to fix their mods so that they will fix after this recent patch. Please, we do appreciate you guys, but don't make us wait a month to get our modding tools fixed.

Firaxis better not wait until the next patch to fix this. This is an extremely large problem, especially right now. Many mod builders are trying to fix their mods so that they will fix after this recent patch. Please, we do appreciate you guys, but don't make us wait a month to get our modding tools fixed.

that would be awfull and may make me stop playing the game, i am waiting for it to be released so i can release my earth map...:mad

At least it doesn't necessitate a full release of the game, as the SDK is a separate distributable in Steam... here's hoping it's quick as well. I don't use WorldBuilder, but it being this broken is either an embarrassment or a disgrace.

Guys, please consider that there's currently the Independence Day, so celebrations in the US.
And Mr. Shirk already confirmed, that they are looking at it and that they'll release a fix shortly, so that will probably a patch which was not in the original schedule.

Guys, please consider that there's currently the Independence Day, so celebrations in the US.
And Mr. Shirk already confirmed, that they are looking at it and that they'll release a fix shortly, so that will probably a patch which was not in the original schedule.

Thank you for the info. :)

The J . if Steam eats the souls of little gamers, imagine what it does to us older civ 5 fans. old adage ' a little knowlege is a dangerous thing'. I thought, as are all my compuer problems, my fault. mutli del & re install both game & sdk, now have neither.

Once again an early morning (5.30 am on a Saturday) with disappointment written all over.

Where's the ... update?

Whats the point of using Steam if you don't release small (?) hotfixes when something like this is discovered.

For some of us this is simply a show stopper! I even bought a new DLC the other day just to have some more fun when the update was released "in a few days".

Sorry for ranting/whining :sad:

\Skodkim

I put in a support request on this issue back on June 28th before finding this thread. Just stated that CIV V World Builder didn't work after the latest patch.

They responded to that request today and it doesn't look like they're even aware of the problem
Very Discouraging :[

Matthew S, Jul-08 18:06 (PDT):

Please try to verify the game files through steam.

To do this please use the following instructions.

Open Steam to the My Games tab.
Right click on Civ V and choose properties.
Choose the local files tab and choose to verify the integrity of the local game files.

I put in a support request on this issue back on June 28th before finding this thread. Just stated that CIV V World Builder didn't work after the latest patch.

They responded to that request today and it doesn't look like they're even aware of the problem
Very Discouraging :[

Matthew S, Jul-08 18:06 (PDT):

Please try to verify the game files through steam.

To do this please use the following instructions.

Open Steam to the My Games tab.
Right click on Civ V and choose properties.
Choose the local files tab and choose to verify the integrity of the local game files.
Reads like they barely understood what you were saying and gave you a standard response. However, tech support people wouldn't necessarily have any idea about what's going on at the developers'.

Sad, but probably true :/.
Would be nicer if the communication is better, but at least here it's a bit better.

Where's the ... update?

Whats the point of using Steam if you don't release small (?) hotfixes when something like this is discovered.

Please be patient.
They probably want to test it before, so that they can be sure that it doesn't break anything else again.
Because what's worse than a patch which breaks a game element? Another patch, which breaks even more.
And that should definitely not happen.

I'm new to Civ5 and just bought the game and most of the DLC during the steam sale. I just installed the SDK to try out the world builder and I got this message:

"Unknown argument type "UnknownType" in message "GenerateMap"

That pops up when the world builder loads. But then I click ok.
Then I get:

"The message GenerateMap can not be used unit [sic] the errors are resolved"

"Unknown argument type "UnknownType" in message "ScatterResources"
Same for ScatterGoodies.

Then the builder loads. I click New Map and I get an empty water map with the builder options available.
I click the "Generate With" button and it tries to generate the map but then I get "Failed to send GenerateMap:Message type 'GenerateMap' was not found."

No map is built.
This is disappointing since I really wanted to get into map making. Any ideas??

Top Bottom