Worldbuilder broken

Has a recent patch broken this again?

When I try to start it, it simply hangs and never responds.

As the title says. I tried going onto world builder since I haven't been there for a long time since vanilla to be precise and I decide to make a map. I download it on (new computer) and the thing loads up I press world builder and then as it loads it just stop and says not responding and I am ticked off. I heard around the forums that world builder is not working but I guess I forgot about that.

Yeah, it has been broke since the latest Steam update. Many, many users reporting this. Hopefuly a fix comes soonly.

Yes, there's some long thread around here of people reporting this, can't find it at the moment. Some people have found work-arounds, like exiting Steam and then starting World Builder, or to start World Builder from the World Builder file in the program files.

None of the fixes works for me and I've got Windows 8 - that seems to be the system for which a fix is hardest.

I tried both ways neither worked first steamed failed cause it wouldn't let me log off not surprising. I tried going from the exe file but it still wouldn't respond.

Moderator Action: Merging this thread with the master tread on this topic in the Confirmed Bugs forum.

have tried work arounds i could find but have not been sucessfull on my system. my computer knowlege is limited, i ask those who know what they are doing why do the developers not put into undates a "undo" function that that lets you return to the verison you had that was working? is this possible? thanks

When are they going to fix it properly? No word on that?

All the poster said was "Due to a recent patch in Steam, WorldBuilder is having problems launching an internal instance of Civ5 and thus resulting in an "infinite hang". We are currently working on an update that will fix this." No ETA.

This is my first post but I am an avid fanatic and reader. Today though, I felt compelled to join. Since steam did an apparant update today 2 issues have arise and i wanted to see if you could help me.

Issue 1) Civilization V Worldbuilder won't load: I am unable to load this application through either my steam homepage or through the work around (by exiting steam and running the exe file from the program files). Every time I try to load it one of two new error message appear: "You cannot load worldbuilder whilst civilization v is running" or, if I have completely exited steam, "....."

This is even though I am not playing civilization v or have played civilization v since restarting my computer.

This leads on to the second challenge:

2) Once I have laoded steam, I am unable to exit steam because it says"please exit civilization V before exiting steam."

This is quite frustrating. I have uninstalled everything and reinstalled everything and still am having the same challenges. Anyone else having this? :sad: Below is the error report

Application: World Builder
User: Unkown (Not an in-house user.)
Time: Friday 3/15/2013 8:03:45 PM

Runtime: 32 bit
Machine: OWNER-E4211245C

Exception: System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception
Source: System
Thread: Main Thread
Description: Only part of a ReadProcessMemory or WriteProcessMemory request was completed

Stack Trace:
at System.Diagnostics.NtProcessManager.GetModuleInfos(Int32 processId, Boolean firstModuleOnly)

at System.Diagnostics.NtProcessManager.GetFirstModuleInfo(Int32 processId)

at System.Diagnostics.Process.get_MainModule()

at WorldBuilder.Program.InitNexusFramework(String sGamePath)

at WorldBuilder.MainForm.MainForm_Shown(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnShown(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.CallShownEvent()

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbackDo(ThreadMethodEntry tme)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbackHelper(Object obj)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(Object userData)

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallback(ThreadMethodEntry tme)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbacks()

I am having the same problem. There were launch problems a few weeks ago, but I could get around them by launching from windows explorer, but that is no longer possible, as this seems to be an entirely new issue. Additionally, if I do attempt to launch world builder, then try to launch it again or just try to play the game, I get a message that says the game is already running, even though it is not indicated in task manager. The only way is to restart the computer. Steam sucks.

... and IF you get it to work (by using the "work-around"), all G&K resources will be gone... (natural wonders, luxury resources, etc...)

:(

I don't know if this problem is known or not, but I can't access World Builder anymore. I tried to use the SDK for the first time in many months and I got a message saying I needed to install new components. I did that and tried to load it. I got an error message. FWIW, if I try to run it again, it tells me I have to quit Civ5 first (which I can only do through Control-Alt-Delete). If I do that, I can get the first error message again.

I attached a screenshot of the message.

Attachments

• Build a Bug.jpg
    Build a Bug.jpg
    175.5 KB · Views: 158
Thanks. Good to know. I'll stop trying to click on it with the hope that it starts working again and I'll start waiting for a patch.

ETA: I don't think my desire to use it is pressing enough to need a workaround, but is there indeed one?

Top Bottom