Worldbuilder not working since new patch

Kevin J

Hewer of Wood
Since the latest patch, the worldbuilder gives a string of errors when loading, and is unable to generate new maps.

However, it will allow you to load and change existing maps - as a workaround, I've been trying to generate maps in game to load in the worldbuilder, which seems to work OK. However, it's vastly slower, and quite tedious.

Does anyone know whether the worldbuilder will be fixed soon, and whether there's a better workaround than generating maps in-game? I like to set up little customized games for myself, and dang it, it's hard without the map editor.

There will be an update to the SDK within a few days which should address this problem.

Awesome, thanks dshirk

May I insert a little problem report here:

The patch 275 note revealed a new Map Resize feature which allow the player to crop out unwanted rows and columns of the map. But so far this feature has not been found.

Hopefully it will be included in the new version. :)

There will be an update to the SDK within a few days which should address this problem.

Waiting waiting waiting ... :rolleyes:

(Sorry - couldn't resist bumping. Got up at 5 AM and still no patch during the night)

\Skodkim

I have noticed this issue as well. I have included several screen grabs of the errors. The issue appears to affect "Generate Maps", "Scatter Resources" and "Scatter Goodies". There were subsequent errors that went with the once shown stating "The message GenerateMap can not be used unit (until?) the errors are resolved." That came up with each corelating message as seen below.

Also noticed that we still can't report problems through the tool itself.

Attachments

• Error 001.png
    Error 001.png
    27.4 KB · Views: 93
  • Error 003.png
    Error 003.png
    13.4 KB · Views: 67
  • Error 005.png
    Error 005.png
    27.8 KB · Views: 60
Top Bottom