WorldBuilder's scenario crash

Spirit _

Chieftain
Hello everyone :),

I created a scenario on World-Builder with 22 civilizations and 23 city-states. Each civ and city-state starts with a determinated amount of gold, and two city-states are composed of two cities (Madagascar and New-Zealand). Here is the map (you should notice that I'm French ^^) :

upload_2018-7-7_14-44-35.png

The problem is that I can't load the scenario : the game crashes when I go to Mod -> Single Player and then I choose the map and the scenario.

I don't know where it comes from : I first launched WB with 3 mods when I created the map, but I removed them when the map wasn't still finished. If I load the scenario while these 3 mods are activated it doesn't work : the game still crashes. Maybe that could be caused by Antananarivo and Wellington ?

In fact, I tried to load the scenario as a mod, by using the ModBuddy, but again it didn't work.

Could anyone help me with this mess ? That would be awesome <3

PS : please note that I don't know anything about lua, xml, etc :/.

There are very few of us left in here, and those that are don't tend to use WB to create scenarios. My experience with WB is that once the map/scenario is corrupted (ie won't load in game) there is almost nothing you can do except go back through your backups of the scenario/map until you find one that works and restart from that point

Hey, I tried to start over like you said. I chose a second map (that I downloaded from a mod, then I saved it in WB), and I started working on the scenario. Again, I tried to launch the map ingame but still nothing : I spawn on a random location whereas I had to begin in a specific place with my capital (I haven't placed other cities yet).

I didn't use any mods, so I don't know how the map has been corrupted :/ any idea ? And if it's not a corruption, where was I wrong ?

You told us something about using mods when you were making the scenario. That's a corruption, at most you only want your scenario to be using 1 mod. Any more than 1 and you're going to have conflicting mod load orders.

If the game still crashes, consider looking to Logging and posting it here.

Maybe there's a database error you didn't know where to look into.

I'd also like to guess that the map is also too big for Huge... is it and it's crashing your computer personally.... but I doubt it since the map looks like 128 x 80....

Yeah the corruption was on my first scenario, I agree. But I didn't use any mod for the second one so I don't really understand ^^. Concerning the map size, it's 128 x 80 without doubt.

Oh, by the way the game doesn't crash : it just doesn't load the cities I placed and the spawnpoint of each civilisation.

Last edited:
You ever solve this? VP has not worked for Custom WB scenarios since 2.7 which was October of last year for me. My scenario closely matches this one.

Top Bottom