Worst UU

Just to say something different, I'm gonna say Conquistador! First of all, it attacks in conjunction with a hunting dog! Secondly, it really isn't going to be a game-breaker like the Immortal or Sipahi. It's pretty mediocre, IMO.

I'm pretty sure the Hwacha got lethal ground in a patch, so it would be able to produce GAs.

I could be mixing it with an unofficial fix though.

I would have to go with F-15 also.

I wish the Americans UU was the M1A1 Abrams MBT, and they were Religious and Industrious..... I'd play as them ALL the time. :(

Originally posted by RX2000
I would have to go with F-15 also.

I wish the Americans UU was the M1A1 Abrams MBT, and they were Religious and Industrious..... I'd play as them ALL the time. :(

Ya, it'd be nice for the Americans to be Religious and Industrious (in fact, I'm hoping Conquests will bring along another R. & I. civ for me to play as, as opposed to just Egypt), but it really wouldn't make any sense, unfortunately... personally, I think America should have gotten a different trait as opposed to Expansionistic (maybe Scientific/Commercial?).

The Hwacha can Kill. So it does enable a GA. The muskateer is bad mainly because it doesn't upgrade. The conquistadore is weak, but it is fast. It is good for pillaging and taking out the weaker obsoleted units leaving your cavalry to do it's stuff.
The F15 and the man o war are both very poor. On balance I would say the F15 is worse than the English UU as the Man o war can be useful on maps with a lot of water.

So F15 gets my vote. My second choice though would be the Gallic Swordman from PTW. The extra movement is not worth the 50g upgrade cost IMHO.

I've never played the Koreans but my understanding is that the Hwatcha has lethal bombardment. If it kills an enemy unit wouln't that trigger a GA? If it doesn't that would truly suck. In any event it is a pretty lame UU but the F-15 and Man 'o Sh!t are worse......

If the American and English UUs are the worst in the game, does that mean that this part was written by a Saddam supporter?

no, by a frenchman

I don't know if the H'wa'cha has lethal bombard, but I gave it that in my modded game. :)

As for the Man'O'War, I made it so all three water terrain types have movement costs (coast 2, sea 2, ocean 3), and the Man'O'War is the earliest unit that ignores movement costs for all three. Also tweaked it's A/D and bombard abilities to be better than the frigates. The Ironclad's A/D is also increased to compensate, and becomes a coast-hugger type ship. Destroyers and Transports are the earliest non-UU's that ignore movement costs for all three water terrain squares. There are also two other UU versions of the Caravel and Galleon which get their own lack of movement penalties for coast and sea (caravel) and all water terrain (Galleon, so it can keep up w/the Man'O'War).

With the F-15... there isn't much to do. I made it lethal sea bombard. Otherwise, I did what I did with all the fighter-type craft and made it's defense equal to the attack rating. This lets me use the fighters in what I call "offensive air superiority" which is mainly to make a bombard attack somewhere in hope of triggering an intercept. The higher defense gives it a chance of shooting down the interceptor. :evil:

I tend to play the Americans anyway. The F-15 has its uses... but I'm thinking the A-10 unit I added has better chances of getting a Golden Age. :D

Originally posted by Tarkeel
I'm pretty sure the Hwacha got lethal ground in a patch, so it would be able to produce GAs.

I could be mixing it with an unofficial fix though.
Originally posted by mad-bax
The Hwacha can Kill. So it does enable a GA.
Originally posted by Norlamand
I've never played the Koreans but my understanding is that the Hwatcha has lethal bombardment.
The Hwach'a does NOT have lethal bombardment. It can NOT kill units, and therefore can NOT grant you a golden age. (I just now checked in the Editor to make sure. I noticed that it had the flag "Starts Golden Age" selected, even though it doesn't have any lethal bombardment flags selected, so it really can't start a GA.)

The Man o War is definately the worst UU. Frigates are useless in my opinion anyway cause they are to close to ironclads, can barely bombard and there almost no threat of naval invasion at that point in time. An upgraded frigate is just as useless.

Personally, I think that the F-15 is the worst UU in the game. What is a hwacha?? (don't have PTW) And i think UU worker would be pretty awesome.:goodjob: It could have it's golden age by being alive for 1000 years
or somthin. But if the enemy got it.....S#!* Or it could be made so that it dies instead of gettin captured. :confused:

Originally posted by Yoko Kurama
Personally, I think that the F-15 is the worst UU in the game. What is a hwacha?? (don't have PTW) And i think UU worker would be pretty awesome.:goodjob: It could have it's golden age by being alive for 1000 years
or somthin. But if the enemy got it.....S#!* Or it could be made so that it dies instead of gettin captured. :confused:

F-15 should be improved scrapped. The American UU should be changed to either an attack helicopter, the M1A1, the cruise missile, or a ground attack plane with kill capability.

England needs an upgrade too. They should have MOW's when everyone else is in galleys.

F-15 definitely, those fighter bombers aren't incredibly useful anyhow.

Top Bottom