WOTM 66 (Washington) Final Spoiler

DynamicSpirit

Fear him of the pink tie
GOTM Staff

WOTM 66 (Washington) - Final Spoiler

So how did your game after 1AD go? Tell everyone about your embarrassing extraordinary world-saving victory against the evil aliens the AI.
Reading Requirements

Stop! If you are participating in WOTM 66 then you MUST NOT read this thread unless
  • You have submitted your entry

Posting Restrictions
  • Do not post any savegame file from the game. Discussions and screenshots are fine but not actual games.

Late Space AND Diplomatic victory. At least it says the UN resolution for diplomatic victory was passed but the game says spaceship victory. Both happened at the same turn anyway.
This may earn me a shield or two.

I only founded Christianity and spread it to almost every city in the world. Starting continent was peaceful until I liberated first Persians, then Greeks and finally Carts. If I had waited a few turns I might have won domination too. Between Greeks and Carts I liberated Ottomans. Korea had peace vassaled to India and I didn't need to liberate them to win. I still might have taken Korea but the last SS parts were almost complete when Carthage became extinct.

standard space, just short of 1800... Took over my continent, and then peacefully build. Nothing really remarkable to report about it...

I had fun with this map. I settled by Gold, Marble, and Stone (different Cities) and then spammed Wonders. As usual for me, I managed to miss The Parthenon in a non-BtS game, getting Failure Gold for that.

I self-shrined the Confucian Shrine as the earlier Religions had been founded overseas.

I was slow to conquest the nearby AIs, as well. Having peacefully blocked off a lot of land from early REXing, I just focused on Wonder-spamming.

I didn't bother to take any Vassals and took as much land area as I dared. Actually, I didn't even go to war with Alex and he was a good Friendly trading partner for quite some time.

Rather than fighting Alex, I went overseas and took Gandhi's lands, then, realising that I was still short of Domination, took Wang Kon's lands, too.

I had to gift several Cities to the AIs to avoid tripping Domination, but I pretty much stayed around 60% out of 64% maximum Land Area then cruised into Space.

As some of the Happiness Resources slowly became obsolete, Happiness started to become an issue, but then I countered it by building Theatres and Temples, where needed.

I messed up my planned location for building the Spaceship Parts, forgetting about an expensive one (the Docking Bay), then ending up finding a new City to build a set of Thrusters while abandoning an almost-completed set of Thrusters so that the Docking Bay would finish a bit earlier than if I'd waited until after completing the set of Thrusters that I'd almost finished in that City.

The last 3 Spaceship Parts completed on the last turn as each other with only help from 1 Forest (oops, I forgot to save more of them).

Alex and Mehmed, each with their own Vassals (AIs that I had gutted and abandoned who had joined their teams), went to war for a bit, razing Cities belonging to their Vassals before I bribed them into Peace, putting me dangerously close to Domination at one point.

Shopping Malls came too late to make much of a difference, although I built them because they're a pretty good Building and it was fun to build them when the game was almost over other than building the last few Spaceship Parts anyway.

I also built a NAVY Seal or two, just for fun.

I had upgraded some troops and had planned to go after Mehmed, but I'm glad that I cancelled my plans, as I really wouldn't have had enough Land Area room remaining to keep more than a City or two of his.

Thanks for the enjoyable game! :)

Somehow made it with 1h left :whew:

Late domination. Peace mission was going smoothly with with Cyrus and Alex, but Hanny relatively quickly got Rifling so my cavalry had to go into early retirement and was replaced with artillery.

And of course there was those 5% of missing land. When I was about to attack Wang, that mister smartypants peace vassaled to Gandhi! Can you believe this crap? So poor Mehmed (I don't even know the guy, first time we met) had to take the blame.

One interesting thing I didn't knew - apparently you don't even have to build a single ship to get circum bonus - simply trade a map with a fool who did it for you :lol:

Late Space AND Diplomatic victory. At least it says the UN resolution for diplomatic victory was passed but the game says spaceship victory. Both happened at the same turn anyway.
This may earn me a shield or two.
Whenever you achieve multiple victory conditions simultaneously, you are randomly awarded one.
Spoiler :
This has resulted in missing an award.
So, one shield at the most.
Spoiler :
There have been a few SGOTMs where you were required to get multiple victories.
Hey, that reminds me: my very first GOTM, I simultaneously got UN victory and Domination (Diplomation). Also got the Cow.

Somehow made it with 1h left :whew:
:goodjob:
my kinda guy
I got this one done in plenty of time: two or three hours to spare
Date submitted: 2015-06-02 02:59:30
Got back from travel last night. It had been three weeks since I last played, so took a bit to remember what was going on: final push for domination conquering Gandhi and Alex with cavalry.
One interesting thing I didn't knew - apparently you don't even have to build a single ship to get circum bonus - simply trade a map with a fool who did it for you :lol:
:cool:

Top Bottom