Would anyone like to have some civ of the week threads?

Would you like to have “Civ of the Week” threads?

• Total voters
There won't be reason for these threads to be locked so the week time limit shouldn't be too important, although maybe it should be a little longer.

There won't be reason for these threads to be locked so the week time limit shouldn't be too important, although maybe it should be a little longer.

In my opinion, who ever starts such a thread can impose whatever time limits they find comfortable. It is up to anyone else who wants to be involved to adjust accordingly if they wish to participate.

In my opinion, who ever starts such a thread can impose whatever time limits they find comfortable. It is up to anyone else who wants to be involved to adjust accordingly if they wish to participate.

Fair enough, although imposing unnecessary restrictions will not help us produce quality threads. They should stay relevant at least until we see major changes to the game itself.

Hmm... I can see the possibility of a thread for each civ, perhaps collected together in their own section, all running concurrently. That could be fun! Also a good reference for anyone who is not sure about civs they have not played.

I think it would be good to high-light one Civ at a time so we can all focus on it, but if someone comes up with an interesting new idea six months later I'd still want to include it. As long as it's a quality post it's still relevant.

I think it would be good to high-light one Civ at a time so we can all focus on it, but if someone comes up with an interesting new idea six months later I'd still want to include it. As long as it's a quality post it's still relevant.
I so totally agree with Mr. Shadows, like it'd be so very nice if maybe on Sundays or something he starts a thread for a new civilization, and we can play and discuss, but yes people can always read and join in after the new one starts. If they all start the same time it'd be too difficult I feel to really have a good discussion, because it'd be just too many games to play at once and too many to keep track of all together.

The threads should be stickied and all necro so they can be updated if changes are made to the civ. I would like each civ to get its own thread. I don't see why they could not all be running at the same time. Players who know a civ will be the one's that provide useful suggestions for the most part.

The threads should be stickied and all necro so they can be updated if changes are made to the civ. I would like each civ to get its own thread. I don't see why they could not all be running at the same time. Players who know a civ will be the one's that provide useful suggestions for the most part.

35 stickies is what you should do if you want a real mess.

If, at some point, we have 35 well-developed threads, we can decide what to do with them then. Maybe a sub-forum would be good, or maybe they'd belong in the War Academy. In the mean time I don't think they should be stickies, although perhaps they could have some sort of tag similar to what they have in the Coliseum for directed discussion.

Stickies, necros, sub-forums.....now my head is swimming!

Moderator Action: How about someone start a thread and we go from there?

And please keep in mind that this will be an exercise/experiment for those who want to participate. We are not interested in these threads becoming mandatory (i.e., all discussion of civ X must be funneled into the weekly thread about civ X), so please do not take it upon yourselves to berate other users for posting elsewhere or browbeat them into only posting in the weekly thread. CFC members are free to create threads and post questions (or complaints) about civs wherever that discussion is topical, as they have always done.

Well I don't see the downside if people want to, so give it a shot. Some civs require some shifts in plan so it's good to know about the specifics.

Moderator Action: How about someone start a thread and we go from there?

And please keep in mind that this will be an exercise/experiment for those who want to participate. We are not interested in these threads becoming mandatory (i.e., all discussion of civ X must be funneled into the weekly thread about civ X), so please do not take it upon yourselves to berate other users for posting elsewhere or browbeat them into only posting in the weekly thread. CFC members are free to create threads and post questions (or complaints) about civs wherever that discussion is topical, as they have always done.

I agree with this 100%. We don't want to create a ton of work for the mods, and we don't want to stifle other conversations. Let's not talk it to death let's get started. I suppose it's acluewithout's prerogative to kick it off and pick our first Civ.

...Let's not talk it to death let's get started. I suppose it's acluewithout's prerogative to kick it off and pick our first Civ.

I thought I would start it once the Spring Patch drops. But if that doesn't happen this week, I'll start the start of next week.

Looking forward to it. It's always good to hear other ideas or make sure I haven't missed an aspect of a civ in terms of strategy. And I'm always on the lookout for different ways to play civs.

Just started a true start Europe map as Rome. One thing I've noticed with rise and fall is if a free city flips to you peacefully you still won't get that free monument. Not a big deal as I didn't expect that to work since it was a pre-existing city.

Well, why not. It seems very interesting, and who knows, maybe some people will a civ they did not like into a better light. Heck, maybe the devs would read these and update their civ in consequence : after all, they did say they read the forums, and many of the complaints of the game (outside the Eternal AI problem) are actually adressed !

If I thought the Developers would take note, the order would be: England, England, England, followed by “Mystery Civ” (surprise, it’s England), followed by a week devoted to the Sea Dog, and then maybe the Beserker (for variety).

(Don’t worry. We won’t start with England. )

Top Bottom