Would like to move our mplayer to the next level

bullyellis

Chieftain
Good afternoon,

My brother and I are avid civ players. Not as hardcore as many of you (we don't, for example, attempt to do the Hall of Fame games listed on the front page), but we have been playing since Civ 1 and play maybe 5-6 multiplayer games a week.

We normally do 2v2 or 3v3 against random opponents on the internet. We have lost maybe twice in the past. Obviously, most of those games end with people dropping, etc.

We are trying to find a better way to find multi-player matchups. First of all, players of a higher ability and second, ones who don't drop after losing a single city (or unit for that matter).

What is the best way to do this? Just post to this forum? Is there like a signup sheet ? or some other mechanism for finding games?

Regardless, is anyone interested in a 2v2 or 3v3 game starting tonight at 6 PM EST ? BNW, quick, everything else is negotiable. We generally do shuffle maps, but would like some input on the best kind of maps for this.:goodjob:

Good afternoon,

My brother and I are avid civ players. Not as hardcore as many of you (we don't, for example, attempt to do the Hall of Fame games listed on the front page), but we have been playing since Civ 1 and play maybe 5-6 multiplayer games a week.

We normally do 2v2 or 3v3 against random opponents on the internet. We have lost maybe twice in the past. Obviously, most of those games end with people dropping, etc.

We are trying to find a better way to find multi-player matchups. First of all, players of a higher ability and second, ones who don't drop after losing a single city (or unit for that matter).

What is the best way to do this? Just post to this forum? Is there like a signup sheet ? or some other mechanism for finding games?

Regardless, is anyone interested in a 2v2 or 3v3 game starting tonight at 6 PM EST ? BNW, quick, everything else is negotiable. We generally do shuffle maps, but would like some input on the best kind of maps for this.:goodjob:

Add me on steam. ID CraigMak, My icon is a borg cube. You may play with me and my group of friends. We will give you an excellent challenge as well as not rage quit at the first set back.

If the games are close we can play many more. If we destroy you, we are happy to train you. If you destroy us, we will enjoy a learning experience. We want the multiplayer community to become larger, more skilled and less troll/quit oriented.

Add me on steam. ID CraigMak, My icon is a borg cube. You may play with me and my group of friends. We will give you an excellent challenge as well as not rage quit at the first set back.

If the games are close we can play many more. If we destroy you, we are happy to train you. If you destroy us, we will enjoy a learning experience. We want the multiplayer community to become larger, more skilled and less troll/quit oriented.

Done. Thank you for replying to my thread and offering to play with us. Look forward to it.

Done. Thank you for replying to my thread and offering to play with us. Look forward to it.

Excellent, I will add you tonight. Unfortunately it looks like you are on east coast time so your desired time of 6PM is right in the middle of the work day here.

I hope you guys can get on a bit later at night when us west coasters are all done with work/school.

Good afternoon,

What is your handle and when do you play?

Anyone wants to get into Multiplayer please add me on steam. We have a growing group of players who are highly skilled and willing to teach others. Craigs group is good too. We havent had time to combine groups yet I think.

Top Bottom