Would you have waited to settle your capital?

Buccaneer

Deity
Here's a standard Immortal Pangaea map in which I settled in place. And then I discovered a nice spot 4 turns away. Assuming you didn't settle at turn 0 and took your warrior down along the river, would you have settled where the Warrior is now - a desert hill, river, coastal spot? I realize my second city could be settled there but this is too close to the capital, imo, and would provide too much overlap to really grow either cities. Would this spot be worth settling at turn 4?

Attachments

• poland1.jpg
    poland1.jpg
    497.6 KB · Views: 657
Yes, then again I only play on Prince/King so I'm willing to cruise around 3-4 turns looking for a better spot. Coast with fish plus wheat and hill for production looks nice. If you could grab Desert Folklore even better.

They only overlap if you want them to :) if you think that Krakow would grow to be a better city, then only grow it. If you think that Warsaw would be better to grow, grow it. You're an Immortal player, you should realize that sometimes, a city is going to be better that another, and need to prioritize its growth. Personally, I'd grow Krakow to be a Petra city. It's a great spot for that.

Two more steps to the southeast probably would have worked at the cost of one turn. The only trouble is that the Ivory border pops will take a while even with Tradition.

Present location is not great for Petra. Insufficient tile yields on what little Desert you can reach.

I don't really recommend settling a Desert Hill with fresh water in a Petra game, even for coastal.

I'd certainly have moved my settler to plant my capital on the cotton on turn 1. May have then moved further to where the warrior is, if enough map was revealed in time.

If you're worried about too much overlap, just put city #2 on top of that southern ruin.

I'm still working out the balance in a cultural game in loading up the capital or not. Previously, I had spread out the slots but I was going to try putting most of them in a capital with the multipliers.

Top Bottom