Wow.... how?

mdm

Warlord
How are these people launching to space in the 900 AD or whatever they launch it at? It's amazing yet seemingly impossible...

Mainly they play on the lower levels, I'm not sure if it is possible on higher levels. I could be wrong though, I ain't the best:nuke:

Actually, the higher level you play on, the faster the tech pace is, due to the AI having enormous discounts in research cost.

4 turn research ain't as fast as buying techs in Emperor and above

Don't forget that the smaller the map, the quicker science progression.

Originally posted by DAKjungF
Don't forget that the smaller the map, the quicker science progression.

how so? i woul think that the larger the map the higher advancing since you can build more cities=more commerce=more science. how does a smaller map help you?

Originally posted by patronr383

how so? i woul think that the larger the map the higher advancing since you can build more cities=more commerce=more science. how does a smaller map help you?

Because Tech Cost has a factor associated with it that increases with map size.

Check out GOTM 21. Playing as Greece on a large continents map, with SpaceShip the preferred victory, 132 players turned in winning SpaceShips, ranging from 1170 to 1969 AD. The Spoiler threads for this GOTM will provide some insight on how they played their games.

Large maps require more research per tech, but also allow more space for your civ and more civs to trade techs with. IMO the faster research rate for the smaller maps is to compensate for having less space and fewer civs to trade with.

Buying Techs from the AI is usually cost-effective but you'll never be competitive for an early SpaceShip victory. Better to have 4-turn reseach, trade for Techs the other civs have, and sell to the rest.

Top Bottom