"Wrong" Ideology

Tilarium

Grand Lord
Is it just me not knowing what I'm doing or what? For the first time sense BNW, I've made it to Ideologies. At the point my civ got to pick one civ (Greece, who spent most of the game attacking one civ and then another civ) had taken Autrocracy. One (Sweden, who shares a large border and is a constant ally) took Order. When my turn game I picked Freedom. Then another civ (Russia, another ally, but separated by Sweden) took Order and now I'm fighting to keep my people happy (by happy I mean under 10 Unhappiness) while continuing to grow to take in the new resources.

Anyone got any advice? I don't really want to switch Ideologies but what's the penalty for switching (if any)?

Isn't tourism offensive and culture defensive? I think to try to negate the ideology pressure you should increase culture rather than tourism.

In relation to the Victory condition, taht is correct. But with Ideology pressure, you need to be producing tourism so that citizens of other civs want your Ideology. For instance if you're still Unknown to a civ but they're Exotic to your people (or Familiar or Influential.. higher equals bigger penalties) you will suffer penalties.

In relation to the Victory condition, taht is correct. But with Ideology pressure, you need to be producing tourism so that citizens of other civs want your Ideology. For instance if you're still Unknown to a civ but they're Exotic to your people (or Familiar or Influential.. higher equals bigger penalties) you will suffer penalties.

This :).

Isn't tourism offensive and culture defensive? I think to try to negate the ideology pressure you should increase culture rather than tourism.

For the most part that is correct but toursim is also a little bit defensive at each of the influence breakpoints. Just a little bit of tourism and you should at least get to exotic with everyone and lower ideological pressure by 1.

Yes culture is still the full defensive towards pressure but you could have so much CPT, your still gonna get the other civs to reach exotic and possibly familiar with you since they only need 10 or 30% of your culture in tourism which isn't hard to reach. So you want some tourism of your own to at least reach exotic status with other civs to equal the pressure or at least lessen it.

The most fun I've had in a game so far is when I did this. One CIV and I went Freedom, everyone else went Order. I upped my tourism and every other country hated me because there citizens wanted Freedom over Order. Not enough for a DoW (even for those that hated me already). In one turn I went from -4 :mad: to 15 :) .

Top Bottom