WW2 Unit Graphics

Small tweak, Far East Air Force P-40C 24th pursuit group, 20th pursuit sq. Clark field, Luzon, Philippines. (Olive drab spinner, old style markings, no fin stripes)

Thanks again!

Yes it is @!$% frustrating how I can get in creative mode when I have RL deadlines and such.

Fortunately, I believe I my bases covered in terms of units for now. So have a good Christmas! And thanks again! :)

Has anyone ever made a WW2 Canadian Bristol Boilingbroke? If one's lurking in all those collections, I haven't stumbled across it yet.

Why would they do that? And what is it for?

I'd recently begun a return to remake and redux my "Empire of the Rising Sun," scenario of years ago, actually. From all sources I can gather, along with the ill-fated garrison of Hong Kong and a part of the retaking of the Aleutians, anti-IJN missions from the Vancouver area with Boilingbrokes was the other main Canadian direct military contribution in the WW2 Pacific Theatre. I'm seriously considering adding the unit to the roster now that I have significantly more slots than my first go at the scenario.

It's a Bristol Blenheim mk IV built under licence in Canada, so yes it has been drawn

It's a Bristol Blenheim mk IV built under licence in Canada, so yes it has been drawn

Ah, thank-you. The Blenheim was mentioned in the area I was reading, but like some capsulated online histories, it wasn't clear it was a license. Thanks for that!

Question for Tanelorn: I think you made a Northrop Gamma, right? I can't seem to find it if you did; mind posting it please?

Question for Tanelorn: I think you made a Northrop Gamma, right? I can't seem to find it if you did; mind posting it please?

I actually have a plane in my current units docket for my EotRS remake that says "Gamma" in the invisible label text and has both @Tanelorn and your maker tags, but is in Nationalist Chinese paint and decals. I can't quite remember from which compilation I originally got it, as it's been there a while now. I hope this helps, as @Tanelorn has been a bit erratic in his logging in the last few weeks (RL, I'm certain).

Attachments

• Gamma Plane.png
    Gamma Plane.png
    2.7 KB · Views: 291
Thanks, but I should have been more specific: I meant a Gamma 5B as used in the Spanish Civil War

Edit: No worries, I've lashed one up that's good enough for my needs

Last edited:
I am also looking for it. I have a Rep. Spanish 2E and I have a picture of a Rep. Spanish 2D (converted mail plane) but not a 5B,
edit- info
https://www.skytamer.com/Northrop_1933(Gamma5B).html
moreover, it seems like it may be the same plane that shows in pictures with a different engine(?)
Reference for the Spanish Northrop is : Air Mag issue 6 (in french), January / February 2002, text by Juan Arraez-Cerda, It says the 5B was the prototype for the 2E, which is probably not exactly accurate, as 2E was sold to China in 1934 and 5B was demonstrated in Argentina in early 1936. Apparently, the plane was assembled (again) in France and reached Spain during spring 1938. The plane was used mainly in reconnaissance missions, being impressed in Grupo 72 (Coastal Defence). Apparently, it did survive until 1950, but there is no evidence it was used by nationalist forces.

Last edited:
Very nice compilation T. I made a quick lash-up of the Gamma 5B earlier today when I failed to find this compilation....

fairline northrop gamma 5b.png

Do you have any of the following, before I start making them: CANT Z.501, He 59 or Fokker F.VII? These are the last three icons I need for the Open General Spanish Civil War campaigns.

Last edited:
I only have a Z.501 and I am not happy with it. It is a fact you will do a much, much better job than me, so please do. :thumbsup:

I have no idea, but thank you for being a huge part of the reason this community continues to exist.

Another one for pixel hunters everywhere; imaginary prize for anyone who can spot the differences between this version of the German WW2 compilation and previous versions:

View attachment 541093

This is like from an autobiography by J.R.R. Tolkien, who said his very first job was an assistant to a bible printer, and that the master printer challenged him and the other assistant working there at the time that if they found any discrepancies in text between any two bibles printed therein, he'd give them fifty pounds (which back then was a lot of money for a secondary school student - but it meant combing and comparing two whole bibles manually!).

Hi Fairline,

I'm not certain if I can identify all the changes but for certain I see you added some new Heavy Flak Artillery, the Sig33B along with the Kubelwagen and Infantry Bicycle units I've long desired.

Great work as always and thank you!

Close enough Yves, you win the imaginary prize! The other new one is your requested Kubelwagen, although I've drawn it a little on the large side. Also included one of Tanelorn's Storchs..

Top Bottom