WW2 Unit Graphics

P-64 was the designation assigned by the United States Army Air Corps to North American Aviation's NA-68 single - seat fighter, a development of the NA-16 trainer. Seven specimens designated NA-50 were purchased by the Peruvian Aeronautical Corps by 1939, where they were nicknamed "Torito". The Peruvian NA-50 participated in the 1941 Peruvian-Ecuadorian War.
Six more NA-68s ordered by the Royal Thai Air Force were confiscated, en route to Thailand, by the US Government in 1941.

Attachments

• Tanelorn North American NA 50.png
    Tanelorn North American NA 50.png
    2.9 KB · Views: 587
Last edited:
@Patine is an important member of the community since forever. I may even disagree with him, but getting himself banned is unfortunate and it saddens me. I stay out of the OT thread for a number of very good reasons.
Maybe he should too.
Reality may be objective but experience is subjective. People draw their own conclusions and learn different things, in the same circumstances.
@Patine if you are reading this, you have half a dozen scenarios to finish, just saying.

Peruvian Caproni bombers of the 1941 Zaramila war. Peru operated 15 Ca.310 light and 6 Ca.135 medium bombers against Ecuador. Technically, one more Ca.310 was bought but crashed in transit to Peru.

16 Ro.37 bis delivered to Ecuador in 1937 were their only real warplanes in 1941.

Attachments

• Tanelorn Caproni Ca310 and 135 Peru.png
    Tanelorn Caproni Ca310 and 135 Peru.png
    6.6 KB · Views: 538
  • Tanelorn Ecuador Ro37.png
    Tanelorn Ecuador Ro37.png
    4 KB · Views: 507
Last edited:

Ro37: Fix to Ecuadors roundel, Austrian pre-anschluss specimen with the original weaker Fiat engine.

Attachments

• Tanelorn Ro37 Ecuador Austria.png
    Tanelorn Ro37 Ecuador Austria.png
    5.4 KB · Views: 470
Last edited:

More pre-Anschluss Austrian planes. 6 more visually similar Fiat Cr.30 must be counted with the Cr.32s.
Most were passed on to Hungary.

Attachments

• Tanelorn Austrian Planes 1938.png
    Tanelorn Austrian Planes 1938.png
    10.3 KB · Views: 471
@Tanelorn The Colombian-Peruvian, Peruvian-Ecuadorian, and Chaco wars of the 1930's-1940's are highly overlooked, despite being the first usages of armoured warfare in the Western Hemisphere, and among the first to use military aeronautics, along with the Constitutional War in Brazil, and the Mexican Revolution, where apparently all of the Mexican Government, Revolutionaries, and Pershing's force hunting Poncho Villa had military aircraft, but seemingly all much fewer in number and very primitive compared to what was flying around Western Europe at the same time, and I'd heard mention the Mexican Government later used military aircraft during the Cristollero War, but that the far-right-wing semi-Fascistic Pro Patria Nacional government in El Salvador, despite having military aircraft, on used them for reconnaissance and not for air attacks or bombing of the Communist Insurgency of the late '30's and early '40's. But, an overlooked period in history, definitely.

@CurtSibling Don't worry. The toxic tenor of OT really ramped up during the week I was gone, as did the unified, thoughtless, dogpiling in hive-mind lockstep. I can't deal with it anymore. And besides, by points of view are making any impact, because most there have already made up their minds and won't be distracted by facts or reality. I really should have heeded your wisdom earlier. We now just have to convince @Broken_Erika of this wisdom, and we should be good.

@CurtSibling Don't worry. The toxic tenor of OT really ramped up during the week I was gone, as did the unified, thoughtless, dogpiling in hive-mind lockstep. I can't deal with it anymore. And besides, by points of view are making any impact, because most there have already made up their minds and won't be distracted by facts or reality. I really should have heeded your wisdom earlier. We now just have to convince @Broken_Erika of this wisdom, and we should be good.
Welcome back, man.

Welcome back!
Dude, you are never going to change people's minds via internet forums...And neither should you desire to.
It's not your job to make them "see the light"...So just stick to your guns and forget about other people.

Take it from someone who definitely has been there and done all that.

What's wrong with Erika?

Oh, I forgot. You're an OT addict, too. :p
Past couple weeks have been pretty rough and this gave me a good giggle, thank you. :lol:

Years ago, I gave the OT forum at Poly way to much time and emotional energy for about a year. Such a waste. Like you say, most everyone has their mind already firmly made up. They are there just to try to score points. You're better off staying here and providing colour commentary.

You're better off staying here and providing colour commentary.

But that would put us is competition for the same niche! Though I guess Waldorf and Stadler were TWO old men in the balcony, not just one. :p

One final advice to Patine - I'd put aside this culture war and politics crusade on OT.
You'll never "defeat" people who have made their minds up. If you repeatedly go back
and try and "state your case", and "get revenge", you'll wind up perma-banned from
the forum. It's not worth it. Let those mad dogs battle it out. We are your pals, here.

Top Bottom