• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

WWI - European Battlefield

REDY

Duty Caller
Something about:
World War One on Europe map. This is my first try. Playtested and worked fine on PIV 2,4 ; 512Mb RAM

Version: Civilization IV:Warlords

Modding:
Well I dont know how to mod. If someone want to help contact me.
My suggestions what I want:
-revolting as in famous CIV WW1 scenario before, but only in Russia
-declaring war according timeline and conditions
-new units
-slaving from defeated Austrian-Hungarian forces (Czechoslovak forces)
-change Russia to Soviet Union by conditions
-flags and leaderheads should be fine

File size: about 0,6Mb

Map: europa_61x45 by karlX

Civilizations:
France
British Empire
Germany
Russia
Austria-Hungary
Ottoman Empire
Italy
Portugal
Belgium
Greece
Romania
Bulgaria
Spain
Netherlands
Sweden
Norway/Denmark
Albania

Please write some suggestions and opinions. This scenario may have other, better versions. Blame me, wig me, I wanted any reactions.

Download:
http://files.filefront.com/WWIEBCivWarlordsWBSave/;6329521;;/fileinfo.html

Sorry for my English.

Attachments

• screenWestern front.JPG
    screenWestern front.JPG
    124.4 KB · Views: 3,119
  • screenBalkan.JPG
    screenBalkan.JPG
    173 KB · Views: 2,907
I have added new screenshot. Shows most powerful civilizations in 1918. Its pretty fine, but looks as that British dont like attacking and stays within any casualties. I will try add some 2-3 transports.

The warlords advantages works fine. undevoloped eastern countries are taking help from wealth main countries. Within Romania, which is vassal of Russia, Russia have own problems:D But Serbia got some technologies, maybe even some gold, and though the country is pillaged from Ottoman, Austrian and my(Bulgarian) forces, they still holding Belgrade. I was excited when I saw that their ally, France came from transport to defend Podgorica, which was near capture because my good relationships with Albania, which signed open boarders. Same as Greece, Thessaloniki was captured quite quick by Ottomans, but Athens are still free and Greeks even counterattacks to take Thessaloniki back. Romania have big problem, their army quickly losted againist my and Ottoman army and their only luck is that nobody wants poor Moldavia...another reason for mod editors help. I had plan to took many Russian cities, I easily took Kirovograd, but Sevastopol was end main number of my army. Austria-Hungary and Germans quickly captured Polish cities but the progress stoped. I visited western front with my 2 cavalries. Nobody is there. So I moved more near, to most eastern German fortress and in next turn I found why. My army is not now:lol:

So its quite clear which additions should be:
-no marathon tempo I dont know if medium or long. Maybe better solution will be lower cost of military units (help?)
-give one or two transports to France and UK
-add more units to all
-change months to weeks(?)

Attachments

• April. 1918.JPG
    April. 1918.JPG
    142.7 KB · Views: 1,042
if you want some help with this you could post in c and c:)

looks great by the way:D

Looks excellent, but NEEDS a few changes.
1. The download file isn't in the right format, it needs to be a ".CivWarlordsWBSave" type file, it's currently not any type.
2. Allies should be, well, allied. This is easy to do, just open the file in a text editor, and search for "Begin Player" I will show up once for each nation, and the first line after will be "Team=?" (The "?" will be a number) change it so every Nation in the same alliance has the same number.

You also might want to change some of the nations active in the war, let them start neutral and act on their own, or write an event script to cause them to join up at some point (sorry, can't help you with that, not sure how to do it myself)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Participants_in_World_War_I#Declarations_of_War if you need dates.

1. This is problem of filefront, I will try to fix
2. Well I will do it.
write an event script to cause them to join up at some point - I want it, but I need help.

the locked alliance should be:

> entente - uk, france, russia, serbia, and belgium

> central powers - germany, austro-hungary, and the ottoman empire(although they didnt join until november 1914, but still very important)

greece, italy, bulgaria and romania didnt join until the following years. montenegro is not even significant enough to include.

I'm having trouble with technology researching way to fast, I had all technologies before the end of 1917, if there's someway to slow research down, you should slow it to the point of being able to research only 2-3 techs in four years (from the current tech tree, that's pretty accurate to what happened).

Also if I go to custom scenarios to edit the conditions (no city flipping from culture, for example) or load a basic mod that doesn't even have unit changes (revolution mod) the game either doesn't load, is missing half of the units, or the diplomacy is screwed up.

I'm sorry, I can't help you with fixing those (I'm not sure how myself). But making a mod for this is a fairly decent idea.

Yeah reaserch is too quick, i know it:/

About editing, I dont know.

The teams shoudle be more accurate after someone of mod makers want help. However I am planning make it near how you mentioned, maybe on weekend it will be ready.

check out trips scenario if you need help

Well I will look more on it, to time when someone from mod makers will help me with it, I cant make it more accurate.
So from start will be:
Bulgaria - very good chance to come on central powers(within Bulgaria the term central powers will have not sense
Greece - good relationships with UK but not unfriendly againist central powers
Romania - good relationships with Russia but not unfriendly againist central powers
Italy - friendly on both or unfriendly on both? I dont know
Albanian relationships will be also checked to more neutral
Montenegro is part of Serbia in scenario, but they should be signifant to show their name

Well I will look more on it, to time when someone from mod makers will help me with it, I cant make it more accurate.
once again,pos in c and c:mischief:
So from start will be:
Bulgaria - very good chance to come on central powers(within Bulgaria the term central powers will have not sense
doesnt matter
Greece - good relationships with UK but not unfriendly againist central powers
maybe good with uk and horrid with ottomans
Romania - good relationships with Russia but not unfriendly againist central powers
dont know
Italy - friendly on both or unfriendly on both? I dont know
maybe just put nuetrel

I made small update
so new neutral nations are now:
Italy
Bulgaria
Romania
Greece

Attittudes check:
Italy is truly neutral, however has good relationships with some neutral nations(so if these will came to war, I hope their attitude will go more to enemy of them)
Bulgaria friendly with Ottomans and Germans, angry to Serbia, Romania and Greece
Romania is friendly to Russia and angry to ottomans and Bulgaria
Greece is angry to Ottomans and Bulgaria

I changed play speed to epic. I hope it will help a little with technologies, however not too much. the developing will be slower

Option=GAMEOPTION_NO_CITY_RAZING (I had it before)
Option=GAMEOPTION_AGGRESSIVE_AI (I hope it helps with more declaring of war)
Option=GAMEOPTION_ALWAYS_WAR (hmm before it werent problems, but now are less countries involved to war and they like to sign peace, so I added this)

I have no time to playtest it now, bloody times on high school have came and I am working on some school works about 8 hours per day

I found a bug. I tried to start as Denmark/Norway and found that I was at war with everyone. Litrally everyone. Also, the capital of Denmark/Norway would have been Copenhagen, not Oslo. Oh, and there is an underwater road in denmark, between the two cities there.

Edit: Norway would have been independent at this point anyway, so my capital point is moot (norway became independance in 1905).

Hmm its looks that Option=GAMEOPTION_ALWAYS_WAR works a little different than I wanted:D
I know that Norway is independent this time, I simply allied some countries to one.

I fixed what you mentioned, I also tried another variation. There should be something rush Russia/peace/vassal recruiting/new war . Its not realistic but should be kind of fun. I have no much time now but hope it works now, when I will have time I will try make something with it.

No I dont think so.

Top Bottom