xml question

hIdDeN_eViL

{кοтоя дѕѕαѕѕїй}²
i heard somewhere that when modding civ, you can call your xml files anything as long as they are in the same folder and have the same header/footer and use the same tags. is this true?
i've seen mods do it for civpedia entries (put new civped entries in a seperate xml file but in the same directory) but does this apply to all xml files?

thanks in advance for any responce.:)

I'd like to know as well lol... though i just modify each and every file. would be nice to put all my pedia changes into a signle file though. (Discriptions, Pedia, Sids Tips, ect)

Will try it when i get home unless someone beats me to it

hIdDeN_eViL said:
i heard somewhere that when modding civ, you can call your xml files anything as long as they are in the same folder and have the same header/footer and use the same tags. is this true?
i've seen mods do it for civpedia entries (put new civped entries in a seperate xml file but in the same directory) but does this apply to all xml files?

thanks in advance for any responce.:)

This works for text files.

It does NOT work for Art files.

I don't know about the others....

Req

Exavier said:
I'd like to know as well lol... though i just modify each and every file. would be nice to put all my pedia changes into a signle file though. (Discriptions, Pedia, Sids Tips, ect)

Will try it when i get home unless someone beats me to it

I put all my text entries in one file and it works fine.

Exavier said:
ok... how? i keep getting errors everytime i try lol

Just to make sure we're not speaking past each other.

I'm talking specifically about files in the XML\text\ directory. I am NOT talking about XML text files, in general.

We've also shown that files in the XML\Art\ directory can NOT be separated and still work correctly.

Req

right i made a custom version of the Pedia file for units so i can save my disctiptions seperatly from the rest of them and it errors out when loading and says its this line: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>

Requies said:
Just to make sure we're not speaking past each other.

I'm talking specifically about files in the XML\text\ directory. I am NOT talking about XML text files, in general.

We've also shown that files in the XML\Art\ directory can NOT be separated and still work correctly.

Req

oic, thats what i thought, seeing as ive only seen people do it for \text\*.xml - too bad. would be very useful if it applied to other xml files, would make merging mods a breeze.

can anyone confirm that this only works for \text\*.xml?

Exavier said:
right i made a custom version of the Pedia file for units so i can save my disctiptions seperatly from the rest of them and it errors out when loading and says its this line: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>

Hmmmmm, maybe first try to copy over the exact file and add only one entry?

It worked fine for everyone else so there must be something that you're doing that's different from the rest of us.

If you can't get the copy to work, then, that suggests that something may be seriously wrong with your setup.

If you CAN get the copy to work, then, that suggests, it's the XML file you're using.

Req

Top Bottom