1. Firaxis celebrates the "Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month", and offers a give-away of a Civ6 anthology copy (5 in total)! For all the details, please check the thread here. .
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Old World has finally been released on GOG and Steam, besides also being available in the Epic store . Come to our Old World forum and discuss with us!
    Dismiss Notice

XP Question:

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Legends of Revolution' started by Bucephalus, Dec 27, 2011.

1. Bucephalus

Bucephalus Shooting from the lip....

Some units, notably swordsman and pikeman, don't get XPs from barracks; I would prefer it if they did - is there a relatively easy way to change this?

2. phungus420

phungus420 Deity

If you hove over the Barracks in the Civilopedia it will say "+2XP for ground units except when building is required to train." For balancing reasons the Swordman requires a barracks until the player reaches the medieval era, and the Pikeman will always require it.

3. Bucephalus

Thanks, Phungus, I thought it was something like that; however, I've been tweaking this fantastic mod (just a little) for personal taste, and wondered about how you made it so specific units (swords, pikes, grenadiers, battleships[?]) don't get xps from barracks. Is there a simple way I can reverse the changes should I wish?

4. phungus420

phungus420 Deity

Make them not have a building that grants XP as a prereq.

I'll code in an option in the RevDCM tab for 1.0, so people can turn off this feature; It's easy enough to do.

5. Bucephalus

Thanks, mate - that would be great. :)