XX Century Mod

AndyTerry said:
Don't know what's the hell. What program do you use to open it? You should do it with WinRAR.

He must right click and then select dowload source (or wathever give his browser menu) :)

C44 said:
He must right click and then select dowload source (or wathever give his browser menu) :)
You're right. My browser seldom doesn't read files for download and i get a text file too. Try with other browser.

Some suggestions:

I think the map has to be chopped, for example making a pacific specifc map to gain proper detail levels and such. ATM citites are placed WAY to close to eachother. Or atleast removing these "dubble" cities might give som more good changes.

I didnt play long enuff to explore the areas with no AI civ presens, are those areas empty? If so barbarian towns would be nice to fillout the spots for historical preferences.

AndyTerry said:
You're right. My browser seldom doesn't read files for download and i get a text file too. Try with other browser.

it wasn't that. I found the problem but I still doesn't know y does it happens...
the problem is that winace hates ur mode 4 some reason... so i used the winrar...

Drogear said:
Some suggestions:

I think the map has to be chopped, for example making a pacific specifc map to gain proper detail levels and such. ATM citites are placed WAY to close to eachother. Or atleast removing these "dubble" cities might give som more good changes.

I didnt play long enuff to explore the areas with no AI civ presens, are those areas empty? If so barbarian towns would be nice to fillout the spots for historical preferences.
I don't understand you :)

Hi,

I started a XX Century Mod (newest Version) multiplayer game with a friend of mine yesterday. Everything worked fine until a turn in 1911. The game caused the famous "cvgamecoredll.dll"-error.

I can still host XX-Mod-Games in multi- and singleplayer ("standard"-civ games as well) without any kind of problem, but I can't join my friends XX-games anymore (civ4-multi still works). Recreating and starting a new game with the XX-mod on his computer works, but if I join, I get the cvgamecoredll.dll-error. When I have crashed back to desktop his game runs perfectly well. :(

Both of us used the PakBuild.exe, reinstalled Civ+Patch 1.61 and the XX-mod, but we didn't find a way to repair the mod.

I'm a bit irritated that there is a special cvgamecoredll.dll for some other mods (e.g. Fall from Heaven). Any tips you can share? :crazyeye: Thanks!

Btw: Great work, this mod rocks!

Finally two suggestions which would even improve the mod:
Please reduce the Churchill-Tank-Volume!
Perhaps you could remove Zhanjian (Chinese) near Hong Kong both cities harm each other very much and china is already strong enough. Kansas-City is called Kansas and not Cansas, "Kalgary" Calgary and Toronto is automaticly flipping to the US. ;)

AndyTerry said:
1. No, i think. All of 18 slots are busy.
2. What are you saying about - custom game or map? If about map, Australia is in, and no new civs will be added. If you're about custom game - later I will place complete kist of future changes here.

I think, it is connected with compatibility... New version is made for 1.61, plus some changes in XML...

1. ok cool

for #2, i meant like the map in the regular single player game, not the custom. like as in the real world simulation, i would like to see israel, paksitan, and the other countries i listed.

thanks for XML fix

Another thing annoying in the mods Andy...
Putin is ALWAYS FRIENDLY with EVERYONE... whatever happen in the game, he is the Best friends of ALL leader... Been 6-7 games i see this problem but i have no idea how to solve this issue.
On the other side, it is impossible to be friend with Hitler, even if i give him many gift, ressources, money for free with the same religion, he is annoying ...

check this and let me know if it's possible to change Hitler and Putin's personnality

ibcoltscrew said:
Putin is ALWAYS FRIENDLY with EVERYONE... whatever happen in the game, he is the Best friends of ALL leader... Been 6-7 games i see this problem but i have no idea how to solve this issue.
On the other side, it is impossible to be friend with Hitler, even if i give him many gift, ressources, money for free with the same religion, he is annoying ...

check this and let me know if it's possible to change Hitler and Putin's personnality

Make Hitler nicer? What's the fun in that?

On the mod with XX Century, France should have a colony in Vietnam. It would fill some spage up in Indochina, and France's presence there has affected the world greatly...

In my point of view, Hitler wasn't Evil, so i would like to be his friend sometime in the game but i think it's just impossible. Being friend with Hitler is hard like declaring war on Putin (usually everyone follow Putin cause he is such a nice person). I just want a better balance between the good and the evil choice we can make in Civ4.

Details :
Putin could be MAD and start a Nuclear War wich is something possible in real life (Putin is still President and Russia have 6000 nuclear warhead ready to launch).
The USA could support Hitler wich is something realist too (the usa wait 2 years before declaring war on Hitler... it mean they were not against this war until the Japanese Attack them) All these scenario could take place in a game and this is what i am looking for when i ask to re-balance the Personnality of those two great leader. I think my point is good and no need to start a whole thread about it.
Let Andy handle this please ;)

ibcoltscrew said:

don't you find mr. Putin extreamly friendly and best friend of all leaders in real life? ;) any way we need "friendly" superpower to stand together against "evil" americans! They still have above 5000 warheard nukes !

p.s from what part of montreal are you, dude?

i've played this mod on a custom map and i've enjoyed it a lot
great work :clap: :clap: :clap:
Only the date show in the main interface weren't correct they were from january 1892 until 1908 (when i finished my game), but fur gameplay this wasnt important

MadMullah said:
Hi,

I started a XX Century Mod (newest Version) multiplayer game with a friend of mine yesterday. Everything worked fine until a turn in 1911. The game caused the famous "cvgamecoredll.dll"-error.

I can still host XX-Mod-Games in multi- and singleplayer ("standard"-civ games as well) without any kind of problem, but I can't join my friends XX-games anymore (civ4-multi still works). Recreating and starting a new game with the XX-mod on his computer works, but if I join, I get the cvgamecoredll.dll-error. When I have crashed back to desktop his game runs perfectly well. :(

Both of us used the PakBuild.exe, reinstalled Civ+Patch 1.61 and the XX-mod, but we didn't find a way to repair the mod.

I'm a bit irritated that there is a special cvgamecoredll.dll for some other mods (e.g. Fall from Heaven). Any tips you can share? :crazyeye: Thanks!

Btw: Great work, this mod rocks!

Finally two suggestions which would even improve the mod:
Please reduce the Churchill-Tank-Volume!
Perhaps you could remove Zhanjian (Chinese) near Hong Kong both cities harm each other very much and china is already strong enough. Kansas-City is called Kansas and not Cansas, "Kalgary" Calgary and Toronto is automaticly flipping to the US. ;)
I don't know anything about multilayer :( Will try to find out something

ibcoltscrew said:

Strange about Putin, I'll fix it. Nothing strange about Hitler - what else did you want from him? ;)

pacesplace said:
Make Hitler nicer? What's the fun in that?

On the mod with XX Century, France should have a colony in Vietnam. It would fill some spage up in Indochina, and France's presence there has affected the world greatly...
OK, will keep it in mind.

Conquestador said:
i've played this mod on a custom map and i've enjoyed it a lot
great work :clap: :clap: :clap:
Only the date show in the main interface weren't correct they were from january 1892 until 1908 (when i finished my game), but fur gameplay this wasnt important
Thank you :thanx:
What do you mean? :confused: Can't understand you.

Top Bottom