XX Century Mod

Wei-Yan said:
oh and thx 4 not using the same kind of ignoroce of most Western people(still unsure youre western though.......)
:confused:... ignorance ? Western people ? what do you mean by Western people ? cause i'm from East coast but not sure if you talking about West from Japan or West From EU. From my point of view, west is Japan est east is France. Depend where you live i guest ;)

People have to keep in mind Culture is very different depend on where you are born.
We don't learn the same thing here (at school) than you do... For exemple, here we talk about Christophe Colomb and Champlain... we don't learn religion at all and most of our history come from American Book and American opinion. Telling someone is ignorant isnt the right thing to do in my opinion... we all have different culture and different point of view of whats happening in the world... For Exemple :
Palestinian are calling US terrorist and in our point of view, we call them terrorist... Here we say Kamikaze cause thats what we learn and what they told us about Japanese Army.

I really would like to know more about Japanese and Russian Culture (From your point of view) cause here it is very hard to find something about your two nation !
Most of the time we learn that Russia is Communist and MAD and people think Japan and Chinese are exactly the same kind of peoples... i know it's not true but it's what they told us about Asian and Russian Culture.
We know nothing about the Japanese except that you guys are VERY HIGH TECH CIV and pretty Crazy at war with your Kamikaze...

No offense, just my opinion ;)

Well im not going to say anything about Russian culture becuase i dont know enough about Japanese culture i can say however1. Chinese and Japanese are NOT the same people I know you already said that but I just want to say so becuase that really angers me anyone who says different should look at WW2 in the pacific............
2.yes shamefully we did use kamikaze in WW2 out of desperation and yes the people at the time did think it was an houner but back then some people thought the emporer was a god a decendant from the sun godess and I do not belive this like i said before im orthodx Christian
and ive got a question for you actually why do you think we attacked Pearl harbor (shamfully)?

ibcoltscrew said:
Most of the time we learn that Russia is Communist and MAD
It's not so. There are few communists in Russia nowadays. The majority in the Duma (Russian parliament) keeps "Unified Russia" ("Yedinaya Rossiya"), a democratic centrist party. Communists are in opposition, and keep few chairs in the Duma.
What about madness - Russian culture is very rich, really. It's more than 1000 years old, and North-American is only 400, by the way. I don't understand, why in Civ4, for example, there are only 2 great people from Russia. There aren't great Russian writers, like Tolstoy or Dostoyevsky, aren't Russian scientists like Mendeleyev, aren't composers like Tchaykovsky...

BTW, I'm very interested in Orient culture, especially in Tibetan and Japanese. i like Japanese estetic a lot, and I'm a Buddhist :)

What about WW2 - in Russia we aren't learn very much about events in Asia or America, but we're always say a lot about Soviet - German front.

PS I hate American stereotypes about Russia :mad:
About drinking, bears and eternal winter :mad:
It's true that Russian people sometimes like to drink some vodka, it's true that it's cold here in winter (about bears - it's fiction), but I try to concern to it with humour (look left to that post :) ). We have some stereotypes about USA people too :lol: What about Japan - an average Russian remembers sake, geishas, harakiri, ninjas and samurais first :crazyeye:

... Think the discussing is a bit odd... i think we don't have be feel ashamed for what are countries did in the past if they've changed now. Nor i think anyone should feel anger cause ther rest of us don't have an idea of the history of a country which is on the other half of the planet...

Anyway, AndyTerry i found some things you should know: first of all the game crashed twice when it reached the modern era, just before producing the Mark V Tank (or something like that).

And the texts are changed, i supposed you programmed in russian, so i see a lot of little squares instead of letters. I supposed that's due to the traductiob, when it is done, it's supposed to be arranged.

First screenshot of the following version.

Attachments

• ver11screen1.GIF
    ver11screen1.GIF
    61 KB · Views: 1,335
I just installed this and when I played a game it asked me what map. I assumed this was more like a scenario wherein the civs would already be positioned on a real world map. Is something like that available? Thanks.

I like how you classified Japan as pacifist.
They are only pacifist because they are occupied and chained down by treaty, I think they should very much be agressive and, in real world, more agressive than many other nations if given a chance.

MENGW said:
They are only pacifist because they are occupied and chained down by treaty, I think they should very much be agressive and, in real world, more agressive than many other nations if given a chance.
Yes we would be agressive woudent we?even though S korea is a major trading partner and N korea has nukes from china see this is what the typical westener is ignorant towards anything that isnt western............ By the way if you think were still bound by that treay you should look at iraq closley........

Wei-Yan said:
Well im not going to say anything about Russian culture becuase i dont know enough about Japanese culture i can say however1. Chinese and Japanese are NOT the same people I know you already said that but I just want to say so becuase that really angers me anyone who says different should look at WW2 in the pacific............
2.yes shamefully we did use kamikaze in WW2 out of desperation and yes the people at the time did think it was an houner but back then some people thought the emporer was a god a decendant from the sun godess and I do not belive this like i said before im orthodx Christian
and ive got a question for you actually why do you think we attacked Pearl harbor (shamfully)?
Thanks for the reply :)
Pearl have Been Attack because of...
USA Embargo on OIL and needs for more ressources... There was a reason too about the fact that the american was ignoring the Current War against Hitler and the world and also the fact that Japan could only survive 8 moth with your current Oil ressources. Best bet was to destroy the biggest fleet in the pacific (USA Fleet/Pearl Harbor,Hawaii) and to make sure Japan can control the pacific...

I know more things but i don't want to go in details, this is the main reason in my opinion and it's seem to be a Very Good reason for me. Japan succeed on the Pearl Harbor Mission and you guys almost did it...

The American claim to be a SuperPower, but at the Pearl Harbor attack, most of the Marine didnt know how to use their SuperPowered Equipments and the amunition was not easy-access. If you think about it... except the half victory of the WW2 with the Russian, the American didnt win any other War.
They claim victory but a victory isnt complete without complete control of a territory. And we all know the West-East Germany and the Berlin Wall and the Cold War, etc,etc,etc...
USA lost in North Korean, Vietnam, Afghanistan, Irak (2 times) and next will be Iran...
If you compare now the Japanese with the American, Pearl Harbor was just something that american people couldn't think about, just like the 9/11. It was a smart plane to sneak attack them cause like i says, American think they live in an innaccessible place and think they are far more evoluate than any other nation wich is completly False.
Now they act like an agressor cause they are in the same position than Japan was in 1941... they need Oil and really quick. Best bet, invade Afghanistan, control the middle-east with the Jew, invade Irak (now they surround Iran) and ultimatly, invade Iran and take control of Iran Oil. Easy to understand, it's all about ressources.

ibcoltscrew said:
Thanks for the reply :)
Pearl have Been Attack because of...
USA Embargo on OIL and needs for more ressources... There was a reason too about the fact that the american was ignoring the Current War against Hitler and the world and also the fact that Japan could only survive 8 moth with your current Oil ressources. Best bet was to destroy the biggest fleet in the pacific (USA Fleet/Pearl Harbor,Hawaii) and to make sure Japan can control the pacific...

I know more things but i don't want to go in details, this is the main reason in my opinion and it's seem to be a Very Good reason for me. Japan succeed on the Pearl Harbor Mission and you guys almost did it...

The American claim to be a SuperPower, but at the Pearl Harbor attack, most of the Marine didnt know how to use their SuperPowered Equipments and the amunition was not easy-access. If you think about it... except the half victory of the WW2 with the Russian, the American didnt win any other War.
They claim victory but a victory isnt complete without complete control of a territory. And we all know the West-East Germany and the Berlin Wall and the Cold War, etc,etc,etc...
USA lost in North Korean, Vietnam, Afghanistan, Irak (2 times) and next will be Iran...
If you compare now the Japanese with the American, Pearl Harbor was just something that american people couldn't think about, just like the 9/11. It was a smart plane to sneak attack them cause like i says, American think they live in an innaccessible place and think they are far more evoluate than any other nation wich is completly False.
Now they act like an agressor cause they are in the same position than Japan was in 1941... they need Oil and really quick. Best bet, invade Afghanistan, control the middle-east with the Jew, invade Irak (now they surround Iran) and ultimatly, invade Iran and take control of Iran Oil. Easy to understand, it's all about ressources.
Lol you my freind are one of the few "enligtend westeners" and i apploud you for this:D

AndyTerry said:
What about WW2 - in Russia we aren't learn very much about events in Asia or America, but we're always say a lot about Soviet - German front.

PS I hate American stereotypes about Russia :mad:
About drinking, bears and eternal winter :mad:
It's true that Russian people sometimes like to drink some vodka, it's true that it's cold here in winter (about bears - it's fiction), but I try to concern to it with humour (look left to that post :) ). We have some stereotypes about USA people too :lol: What about Japan - an average Russian remembers sake, geishas, harakiri, ninjas and samurais first :crazyeye:
Canadian people have the Same Taboo than Russian in the United States. People in the USA think Canadian live like Inuit and that we are not evoluate.
They think we have snow all the time (4 moth only), we cut tree in wood and live in small community... in fact most of them don't Even know they are using OUR Electricity (East coast/Manic 5)... OUR Oil (Alberta)... Our Uranium (Sakatoon/Quebec) and OUR Natural Gaz(Quebec-north).
They also think we don't have military defense wich is false... we have Nuclear Technologie and we are Complete part of the devellopement of the First Atomic Bomb with the UK. All the Taboo is funny cause for me there is no taboo, i think we are all evoluate, all smart and that you guys are pretty much like me but in Japanese or Russian Version. We are human after all.

American still think russia is poor... it's a taboo... Russia can't be poor because it is the biggest Country in the world... like in Canada we can't be poor, we are the second biggest country on earth... we got plenty of ressources and we don't need space for our peoples.

I'm from argentina and there aren't any jungles in Argentina. I think that them uu should be an infantry with a light blue helmet. They are called" los cascos azules" which translates into "the blue helmets"

Can´t find any maps! Where r they? :salute:

I'm from argentina and there aren't any jungles in Argentina.
Hmm, I searched info through I-net and found smth about Jungle Forces in Argentinian Army... Though I know that there are more plains than jungles in your country.
Can´t find any maps! Where r they?
Hope, will be soon
Yes, Hirohito was peaceful leader, as I know. Did you know, that Japan finished the WW2 only because of his desicion.
BTW. There is a cinematographist director in Russia, making intellectual movies, Alexander Sakurov. So he created a film about Hirohito, the film called 'The Sun'. I've not seen it yet, but I'm going to.

in fact most of them don't Even know they are using OUR Electricity (East coast/Manic 5)... OUR Oil (Alberta)... Our Uranium (Sakatoon/Quebec) and OUR Natural Gaz(Quebec-north).
Well, the majority of European countries, especially East and Central, uses Russian gas and other resources :)
American still think russia is poor... it's a taboo... Russia can't be poor because it is the biggest Country in the world...
Yes, Russia is very rich with resources, but first we have a big outer debt and second we haven't built a democracy in Russia yet. That's why level of life isn't very high :( But Russian economy grows 8 percent a year and we're always have a proficite in budget (now the stabilization fund is 300 bln roubles, ~$1 bln).

AndyTerry, i've been readin g a bit about XML. Tell me where the civilopedia entries are and will make the spanish traduction. But you'll have to tell me which things you want.

Top Bottom