1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Yet Another Complaint Thread ...

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by JohnnyRico, Nov 7, 2005.

1. cleverhandle

cleverhandle King

No kiddin'? You learn something new every day. Thanks...

2. The Last Conformist

The Last Conformist Irresistibly Attractive

Re: the Writing/Alphabet issue, I'm reminded of the outcry from certain people about chariots coming before horsemen. That was ... interesting. :crazyeye:

3. JohnnyRico

JohnnyRico Chieftain

It's all good. I guess we all have bad days.
    I'll check out that Battlefield Detectives, now that I have cable again.

4. CyberChrist

CyberChrist You caught my attention

This comment makes me wonder about your actual Civ3 knowledge/skill and that further leads me to wonder about any comparison you made in the past between CIV and any previous civ versions.

The right click menu in Civ3 was a VERY usefull tool for mass fortifying, mass waking, mass loading, mass unloading and easy/fast civilopedia look ups of the individual unit types present in a tile(plot) - and more.

Although you can activate a right click menu in CIV it has none of the functionality of the one in Civ3 - to the point that it is actually useless for anything but being annoying to have activated.

5. Roetghoer

Roetghoer Warlord

I agree on some of the arguments JR has posted, but overall still enjoy playing the game. I do however feel kept in the dark by Firaxis/take2 for not giving release dates for the patch. Ok just tell me it's gonna be online friday at exactly 13:48 and 23 seconds i don't care what timezone, but just don't make me wait here checking these threads (official site is a *****)

The game probably had a releasedate before work even began on choosing the which number to put after CIV: Christmas 2005 was probably a D-Day, get that christmas bonus going for them.

Maybe something went wrong along the line and management probably thought, hey everybody has internet we'll just send out a patch with the work that wasn't finished yet.

I'm sorry i just can't agree with the way we are treated right now

6. MattJek

MattJek King

Wow, looks like someone woke up a lil cranky this morning... dont like the game?? dont play it. Save room on this forum for us people who actually like and play the game and want to have constructive discussions... ok???? thanks

7. skalapunk

skalapunk Chieftain

What is the "French Tech Tree" people are refering to?

8. blue3c

blue3c Warlord

So if you want to have constuctive discussions, why come in to a thread that is Titled "Another Complaint Thread". Or do you just cruise around looking for someone to argue with. Yes I think this is it. You just look around to make comments on others. I think this is because when you look in the mirror you don't like what you see. So you have to come in here and bag on others and what they say. Hey good luck with that...ok???? THANKS

9. Roetghoer

Roetghoer Warlord

Wow, looks like someone woke up a lil cranky this morning...:eek: who was blaming who? and of what?

10. MattJek

MattJek King

Two part answer:
    1) I HATE threads like this
    2) Im at work and bored

ok???...thanks

PS.. the moderator should have closed downs this thread... its just an invite for flaming.

11. MattJek

MattJek King

Nice reply.... unlike me, it doesnt look like youre bored at all... very constructive!!

12. MattJek

MattJek King

My my... you read me like a book!! You should be a shrink. :eek:

PS. A thread titled "yet another complain thread" is not really a promissing start for a constructive discussion...yes?

13. CyberChrist

CyberChrist You caught my attention

Lets keep in mind that the title was changed to that by the moderators ... which seems to have adopted Police State civics these days ;) :p

14. JohnnyRico

JohnnyRico Chieftain

Game got shipped a lot with the tech tree written in french. No one cares, (I doubt many ppl use the paper version) but my original point was that the game was rushed out the door.

15. MattJek

MattJek King

Game was shipped on Oct 26th... it is now Nov 23rd... Wow, thanks for shedding light on the situation. Its not like there weren't any other threads during the last month basically whining and blubbering :cry: about the same thing and 90% of them were shut down. Can you explain to me why you thought it was so important to start yet ANOTHER "Whaaaa" thread??

16. Roetghoer

Roetghoer Warlord

What kind of job do you have dude, and can u play civ there as well?, i'm going eurotunnel-commuting for that kinda job:p or is it ontario

17. JohnnyRico

JohnnyRico Chieftain

I was answering someone's question ("What is a french tech tree?" posted a little further up). perhaps I forgot to quote him and yet another really cool guy, ignores the context of my post and has a knee jerk reaction to spam. Nice work MattJerk.

Moderator Action: Warned for language and flaming.
    Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

18. karadoc

karadoc AI programmer

There is some sense to 'flanking'. If you attack the enemy's flank, it is much harder for them to pursue you; this allows you to retreat if need be. Also it is only possible if you are attacking, not defending.

Also, writing before alphabet is the only way that makes sense. Do you think that people just dreamt up symbols and described them to each other for fun? No; they did it to standardise their writing. There is no purpose for alphabet without writing.

19. MattJek

MattJek King

I trade stocks on the NYSE electronically. And no, I dont play civ4 while Im doing it because then I would make any money :rolleyes:

20. MattJek

MattJek King

I didnt ignore the context of your post.. I know the context very well... to sum it up " Wahhhhh, sniff, snifff.... blubbber.... wahhhh"

PS. nice touch with the "really cool guy" remark :goodjob: