Your favorite modern-info age invasion strategy?

Fox Mccloud

Deity
I always build tons of silos near the border. If war starts, I jus launch all of them, and all the enemies' military bases are gone! I always make sure that by spies and special forces have the enemy nation well explored, and I always launch my missles at the Anti-Aircraft defenses before I take care of anything else.

I then send my Bomers in to take care of all the cities that are no longer defended by AAs. I then send my huge army in, usually with at least 3-5 supply trucks, 7-10 light infantry, 5-7 heavy infantry, 5 light tanks, 5 heavy tanks, 5 artillery, 4 helicopters, and 5-10 fighters. No matter what they throw at me, I can counter it with something. If there are any military buildings, I make my armies ignore them, and use my planes on them.

I also try not to destroy buildings I can use, like markets, and farms.

Lots of Artillery, lots of tanks, lots of nukes...

Build as much as you can as fast as you can...

Fortify, airrade, troop movement. But it's crucial to put up Aircraft defense and destroy their troop production buildings.
So after I put a few troops around my cities and around my crucial buildings, you start with some air bombing in their nearest cities. Then you can move in and reduce it with a few light tanks, then swoop in with the rest of your army. Make sure you put anti-tank units out on their front so you can protect from any more tank attacks.

Well... Lots of everything!:crazyeye:

But usually in info age there is only my civ and some other civ left and we both are equally powerful so we both send masses of our units into sure death and there is virtually no advance, only losses. Then I usually start a new game.

Basically when you get to modern warfare there are usually two equally powerful sides. Get world government and AI as fast as you can then go strait for the capital.

What the first poster said, firing cruise missiles on enemy bases works wonders.

I don't like how missile shield protects against cruisemissiles.

However if the computers are slow enough, relative to me, I destroy there major troop producing centers with cruise missiles, then i use nukes to take out major troop spots (this tactic is extremely sucsessful), then use fighter-bombers (from air-craft carriers) to take out the enemy are defenses. Then I send in bombers to take out the cities, then I use ground forces (usually infantry and some artilary) to capture the cities.

Top Bottom