1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Your next CPU?

Discussion in 'Computer Talk' started by HAND, Feb 11, 2004.

?

What will be your next CPU?

1. Pentium 4 EE

1 vote(s)
    2.4%
  2. Pentium 4

7 vote(s)
    17.1%
  3. Athlon 64 FX

3 vote(s)
    7.3%
  4. Athlon 64

12 vote(s)
    29.3%
  5. Athlon XP

4 vote(s)
    9.8%
  6. Duron

2 vote(s)
    4.9%
  7. Celeron

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Mac CPU i.e, G5

3 vote(s)
    7.3%
  9. Other

2 vote(s)
    4.9%
  10. I don't have any plans to upgrade yet..

7 vote(s)
    17.1%
  1. The Person

The Person Deity +2

I see no reason to upgrade my processor yet. I'm pretty satisfied with my Celeron 2.4 Ghz. If I want to upgrade, it'll be my RAM. My motherboard can take up to 1 GB RAM, and I've only got 1/4 of that...:cry:

2. Neomega

Neomega Deity

Good lord man! Get some RAM! 256 is sooo 2001!

3. Civrules

Civrules We the People

Right, Dells don’t use Athlon processors. I looked at HP and some of them use Athlons but I have been told that the quality of HP is not good at all.

So which other computers use it?

4. Goober

Goober Turning Right ...

Ya, I find the only cure for my pathetic 256 Ram was a 512 stick, to bring my Ram up to 768. All your problems - solved!!! And a 512 stick ain't too expensive, heck, just get a Gig if Ram. Solve more problems.

5. kundor

kundor Chairman of the H.I.V.E.

Yes I have. It runs fine, but it's a bit more work to get devices working than in normal windows. I got SMAC and Dungeon Siege to run well, then I got bored and went back to 64-bit linux. ;)
    There aren't many drivers out yet -- nvidia's are good, but there aren't any for my turtle beach santa cruz. Taking that out and installing drivers for the mobo's built-in sound card worked, but why would I want to run that when i have a santa cruz? :\ I didn't benchmark anything, so while the games were probably faster, it wasn't worth losing sound quality, tv card functionality, and the ability to run DOS programs (like commander keen! whoo!) So I still boot Windows32 when I need to play Rise of Nations. ;)