Your opnion on Pratorians

What is your view on Pratorians?

• Total voters
Preatorians should cost at least 50-55 hammers, then, they would still be very good but almost always out numbered. Also they should be renamed legionaries.

I'd agree with that
either
1. Cost 50, Str=8
OR
2. Cost 40, Str=7

(and regular Swords should be beefed up slightly to, perhaps +20% City Attack instead of just +10)

but they cant be countered by axemen though. Thats the whole point of this thread!!

Lord Olleus said:
but they cant be countered by axemen though. Thats the whole point of this thread!!
You don't even have to care whether axemen can counter Praets. Even if Praets could be countered equally by axemen, the AI should have to play reasonably to achieve that. But it doesn't, so Praets just find archers to slaughter. The result is the following (in SP games):

If the player has the Praets, he cruises the globe
If AI has the Praets, he does nothing (because the player defends better and also AI attacks worse).

Noone cares about what AI does when it has the Romans (because bad play doesn't prove that a units is balanced). The only interesting case is when the player has the Praets.

I think that the problem lies in the question. If the question is about SP games, they are WAY overpowered. MP games are a different kind of story.

Xanikk999 said:
I would say they are overpowered because they can take ANY ancient unit without major difficulty. They can even take axes.

Axemen str towards melee is: 5*1.5 = 7.50

So a praetorians str is 8 so a pratoerien still has the advantage.

I find this overpowered because theres no counter for them early on.

That's still close enough to be a possible battle, especially since axemen come out more quickly. Go match up Chokonu against the stats for macemen and longbowmen.

Top Bottom