Your Pc Specs

Go to srtest.com or download the demo and see.

Not quite - Ubuntu 7.04 is a Linux distro. He is not asking whether his computer will be able to run it ok, he is wondering whether a Linux distro will be able to run CivIV - especially since CivIV was not compiled for the Linux platform! In Linux, you cannot simply insert the CivIV DVD and click 'Install' - Linux has no idea what an exe is...so this is where WINE comes in handy.

WINE is a bit like a Windows emulator, and it allows several Windows compatible applications to be run in Linux. WINE runs Civ4 very well, and it should be perfect - as long as you have a supported graphics card. I tried it on my brothers Linux, and it worked great except that it was totally unplayable - his graphics card is a GeForce MX 440, which couldn't render terrain properly - it was black :crazyeye: . So, follow my link above if you want to install it. It isn't too hard, and I will gladly help you if you want to PM me.

I would assume he is because he has more than 4GB of memory and 32-bit can only handle 4GB
that's why I asked :blush: I bought a Dell with 4GB and Vista 32 (I didn't get an option for 64) At the time I was oblivious to the 3GB limit, since I thought that with 32Bit you can adress 4GB just fine (didn't think of other stuff that needs to be adressed too, like the geforce :blush:)

So now I'm stuck with 3GB when I paid for 4 :ack: Funny thing is that Dell insists that 'internally' windows does all 4GB, it just only displays 3GB :lol:

Top Bottom