Yugoslav Breakup Scenario - Continuation Thread

@catfish

macro.txt, i should stop reading so fast, it was right there after the noschism command, but had no space between it. doh

Thanks for the detailed information.

Does the increase event size command from civ unlimited has any effect ?

Are you referring to Ely's CIV2 Unlimited? If so, where does one find the command?

I certainly could use it.;)

Are you referring to Ely's CIV2 Unlimited? If so, where does one find the command?
Early versions of Civ2 Unlimited had an option to increase events memory. It was found to be buggy (I tested it) and subsequently removed. This is the version people should be using.

@Catfish

Thanks for the explanation. I have been using the latest version which does not include the command, that's why Hans99's question threw me for a loop.

And i always thought the civ unlimited with the increase event command was the most recent, thanks for pointing on that el Gatofish.

Calling Catfish

you did use some cutscene pictures in your war of the ring scenario stored in the files B1,D1 etc. without file ending. What is the original file type you use for this kind of graphic ( wav, mpeg, bmp ??? ) ?

Many thanks in Advance.

They are AVI files. Have to be, as in PlayAVIFile. Not just any AVI file; they require the Indeo codec. Same format as the official video files in the Video folder. The main difference is that the ones in WotR use a single frame. Add the AVI extension and the WotR videos will play back in any media player that supports that file type, providing that you also have the codec installed and registered.

Hi Folks!

Had a sweet Night? I had, and wish you all Guyz a smooth Year by Modding!!!

What i should say is: DAMNED! I look forward to see that Yugoslav Breakup Thing since November!!!
Would be happy to see and play that finally!!! And to criticize, and to help making perfect.
In my Opinion, we all, like McMonkey, CurtSibling, myself, we work lonesome and by the way,
and finally post our Works. We could help each other doing that together, and i would
be happy to help modding Yugoslav Breakup.

Post anything, Dude! Id like to see! Smooth Year!

@ Catfish

Thanks for pointing at the thing with the indeo codec :)

@ Nichael

Yeah, i'll post it soon. It is in its last phases, but as you know, real life work keeps myself busy. I have so many scenarios started and not finished yet in creation and playing others. I am happy when i can spare half an hour a day. Don't worry, i'll try to make it a real blast like Sobieski.

Oh God Hans 99, I did not need to see this site. Now I'm preparing for survival in a zombie apocalypse! :lol: Seriously though its fascinating to read how quickly civilization can break down, leaving us very vulnerable. Very thought provoking!

Status Report:

Unit Redeployment: 100%

Graphic files: 100%

Rules.txt: 90% minor stuff missing

Events.txt: 90% just filling up historical text and special events now

Other text stuff: 60% Diplomatic texts, Pedia...

Tech Tree: 30% -> I still hate tech trees...

Sounds: 70%

Readme: 70%

Sub_Gifs: 95% only a few pieces more to do...

Did some long run playtesting, sometimes just one turn per week and slowly it comes out pretty realistic. I am excited how it will pass Nichaels and Agricolas Playtesting then.

Wow, has been quite a while since the last post. A lot of family and job to do the last years. Also a very nasty workplace accident in 2019 that crippled my left body half ( Some sort of hemiparesis, necknerve injury). But after hard rehab ( A lot of going to the gym etc... ) i am now finally fully restored with my body capabilities.

I still have the desire to finish this project. Next is to convert this thing over to the LUA engine.

I just wanted to announce this.

I Thank all of you for your patience !

Wow, has been quite a while since the last post. A lot of family and job to do the last years. Also a very nasty workplace accident in 2019 that crippled my left body half ( Some sort of hemiparesis, necknerve injury). But after hard rehab ( A lot of going to the gym etc... ) i am now finally fully restored with my body capabilities.

I still have the desire to finish this project. Next is to convert this thing over to the LUA engine.

I just wanted to announce this.

I Thank all of you for your patience !

Welcome back! Did you see my graphics update for your Yugoslav scenario units.bmp file using more recent graphics offerings uploaded in the Modified Scenarios Workshop, I believe?

So, organized a englisch version of Test of Time, installed it in
c:/Microprose/The Test of Time, patched it to V1.1, integrated TOTPP, launched it, and it worked.

Fiddled around with the new settings and voila, 189 Units available.

Fiddled around with the terrain and voila, 5 new Terrain Types available.

Started placing some relevent cities again which had to be removed due to citiy restrictions.

Had to refresh my old knowledge through the old tutorials on the SL Wiki Site.

Dumb question: More than 7 Civs are still not possible ?

Next dumb question: Is there a way to change font size and font type of cities, unit descriptions etc... ?

@Patine
I Did not find the files you mention. I found Gapetits new units for the old yugoslav scenario of Francois Baire

So, organized a englisch version of Test of Time, installed it in
c:/Microprose/The Test of Time, patched it to V1.1, integrated TOTPP, launched it, and it worked.

Fiddled around with the new settings and voila, 189 Units available.

Fiddled around with the terrain and voila, 5 new Terrain Types available.

Started placing some relevent cities again which had to be removed due to citiy restrictions.

Had to refresh my old knowledge through the old tutorials on the SL Wiki Site.

Next dumb question: Is there a way to change font size and font type of cities, unit descriptions etc... ?

@Patine
I Did not find the files you mention. I found Gapetits new units for the old yugoslav scenario of Francois Baire

Wrong Yugoslav scenario. :o

I believe I did assemble the units file from more recent Tanelorn and fairline offerings, it was just added to a conversion otherwise done by Gapetit.

That's correct, you're still limited to 7 civs plus barbarians. However, you can restrict the construction of units to particular cities using 'canBuildSettings' in my template. So if you have a civ represent multiple nations, each nation will still produce its own infantry, etc. I provide a video tutorial here, and some written instructions here. It is also relatively easy to transfer cities and their units between civs, so you can move a "country" out of the "neutral civ" into one of the belligerent civs if necessary.

I don't know of a way to do it (but there is a good chance I wouldn't know if there is). However, what I can say is that I'm pretty sure the game lifts fonts from the operating system fonts, since the game fonts are slightly different when using Linux and Wine instead of Windows. It might be worth suggesting this to @TheNamelessOne as a possibility for a future update.

Top Bottom