Zav1, RaR, Cultural 25k

Let's try for Great Opera House (8 culture per turn as I recall). It requires the plastics tech and 3 performing arts centers. I'd like to see how early a 25k date we can get.

Wow, how'd we get to 442 spt? Did you build the Civil Rights Movement? Too bad we lost that Elephant, or we'd be pushing 500 spt. I've only gotten that once - on an IP city with a bunch of mountains.

Signed up:
Bezhukov (on deck)
LKendter
Romeothemonk
Zavior (currently playing)

Bezhukov said:
Wow, how'd we get to 442 spt? Did you build the Civil Rights Movement? Too bad we lost that Elephant, or we'd be pushing 500 spt. I've only gotten that once - on an IP city with a bunch of mountains.
Yeah, I am sorry that I forgot to mention that we built the Civil rights thingie in Minsk, where Lk had started it. Minsk is about at 320 spt, and should probably start building stuff like battlefield medicine and such.
I think the great opera house is the cheesiest wonder ever. 3 of the worthless opera houses and the great house had nothing other than mass culture.

romeothemonk said:
Minsk is about at 320 spt, and should probably start building stuff like battlefield medicine and such.

I would be carefully using up mediocare small wonders in Minsk. If nothing else they make good placeholders for St. Petersburg.

The worst part is that it doesn't require Opera Houses, it requires Performing Arts Centers, which cost even more than OH's. I think they were running out of ideas at this point - perhaps we could assist the designers there?

:)

BTW, Bat Med is just about useless to us. Better to build most expensive unit you can get in one turn, then disband it in a remote city to help along builds there.

IHT: Press enter.
Turn1: Several cities start Art centers.
IBT: Nothing.

Turn2: Almost all of our terrain is already terraformed, no actions needed.
IBT: National Sports League finishes.

Turn3: Clean up pollution. Quick turns. Ecology in 1.
IBT: Ecology comes in, start on space flight. St petes starts wind farm.

Turn4: uhhmm.. WHAT?! We have city with NO corruption.. Its not even first ring city :eek:

Turn5: ---
IBT: Space flight in, start on laser, in 2. St petes: winf farm ->UN, in 7.
Iros start UN. Trade fission and start UN.

Turn6: Laser in 1.
IBT: Laser in, start robotics in 2.

Turn7: Nothing worth marking

Turn8: Robotics in, start computer networking in 2as there is nothing better to research

Turn9: Blaarghsahsda.
IBT: Comp netw. -> data encryption

Turn10(12?): this is hilarious. We complete UN. I'm way too tired. sorry.
St petes -> Great opera house

i shouldn't have played played. But, I want to get this ended somehere near futurre.
Sorry. I'll try no to do this anymore.
Even keeping eyes open hurts..

Signed up:
Bezhukov (currently playing)
LKendter (on deck)
Romeothemonk
Zavior

Pre-flight: All work is done, except New Moscow and Nottingham have way too much food, and the former Aztecs lands are unconnected to the railnet, let alone developed. San Fran needs a sewer and fishery, etc. Manufacturing Plant won’t help St. Pete get Opera House faster, so leave it there in 5. Trade Psych to Japan for a couple luxes. We’ve got an unconnected sugar within our borders. We lack sugar, BTW.

IBT: pollution at Tblisi

1595: Data Encryption->Jet Propulsion (one turn!) Rush a couple fisheries.

IBT: Nada

1600AD: rush some more fisheries, Jet->Synthetic Fibers (in 2, making 900gpt)

1605AD: Railnet completed.

1610AD: Build some one turn universities (basically boosting production unless one-turn builds available), Intel agency in 4 ordered in Tblisi, Sell Electronics to Crazy Horse for 2570 + 245 gpt, trade Electronics and some change to Hiawatha for Naval Aviation, Synth Fibers->Microchip

IBT: Crazy Horse tries to steal tech, we catch him. We are not pleased. :lol:

1615AD: Great Opera House completes. St. Pete now making 194 cpt. Go for Performing Arts Center. We should hit the 200 cpt mark. Short-rushing some factories to kick in HydroPlant bonus. This is pricey.

1620AD: Microchip->Genetics (to uncover super-food)

1625AD: St. Pete: Performing Arts-> Man Plant (in 3, will shortrush to get the needed 60 extra shields)

1630AD: Genetics->Super-Sonic Flight (toward Integrated Defense – not sure how worried we need to be about nukes, but might as well.) New York gets a mega-wheat (+10food). Tenoch is sitting on mega-cattle. Move could move it – but then we’d have to give up the Slave Trade! No dice! :p

1635AD: St. Pete’s breaks the 500 spt barrier. If only that phant hadn’t depleted! Building one-turn Research Lab to enable Seti (3 culture). Minsk is building Human Genome (+25 production, all cities).

1640AD: Lab->Seti in St. Pete. Super-Sonic->Advanced Composites

1650AD: Advanced Composites->Superconductor (can change if you like). Washington is almost at max pop, so can have it’s lands adjusted. San Fran could probably get another forest. Nottingham could get a forest instead of mined plains to even off his pop. Some cities were on max production to get factories built, can MM to maximize production + growth. We have several cities that can benefit from Cure for Cancer, so I’ve got it started, along with several other wonders. With smart short-rushing and growth, we should have all the newer cities getting one or two turn sci and tax improvements soon.

We are now at a cool 200 culture per turn in St. Pete, so should only be 16/17 turns left in the game. :thumbsup:

Look at the culture buildings in this shot alone! Showing off the sci here (that's 2300 beakers) Not currently running 100% sci. We can get one-turn research, if needed.

Signed up:
Bezhukov
LKendter (currently playing my final turn)
Romeothemonk (on deck)
Zavior

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads9/ZAV1-1705AD.zip

1670 AD
(IT) St. Petersburg completes the SETI program. Like we really need another science boaster.
I decide to build the space program next.

1675 AD
(IT) Human Genome project is completed in Minsk. Like we really need another production boaster.
Odessa completes the Atomic Weapons test. Somehow, I doubt we will toss any nukes.

1690 AD
(IT) St. Petersburg completes the Space program. We are running out of options, but who cares. The Internet is queued up next.

1695 AD
I have to see if T34 and T90 armies are as lethal as I suspect. I declare war on Japan. I just want to obliterate them.
Philadelphia, Teotihuacan, Texcoco, Tlaxcala, Kagoshima, and Nara are toasted.
I get a leader from an elite cavalry that forms another army.
I decide to have fun and sacrifice all the workers as that may end the game a turn or two earlier.

St. Petersburg switches to the War Memorial.

(IT) Oh no - The Inca and Japan embargo us.

1700 AD
Edo, and Tokyo are razed.
(IT) I go back to building the Internet.

1705 AD
Kyoto is razed. Japan will only live because we will hit 25K during the IT.

How is this for a few wonders?

Not too shabby Lee. Can we get a final shot of St. Pete in it's glory at max science?
Thanks for letting me jump in on this one late, I really enjoyed the game. I like the myriad options of RaR, and of course the warring. I will be playing RaR almost exclusively now, unless a few things change.
(Like LK sets up a Succesion Game of the Month Team and lets me play on it.)

romeothemonk said:
I will be playing RaR almost exclusively now, unless a few things change.
Keep you eyes on the LK series. RaR will continue to show up until Civ4 comes out. Right now I need to end more before starting another. I join the recent games already counting LK88 and ZAV1 as over.

It was pretty easy game, wasn't it?
AI's were pretty pathethic all the way.

Zavior said:
It was pretty easy game, wasn't it?
AI's were pretty pathethic all the way.
Well I am going to say that it wasn't so much the patheticness of the AI, as the quality of the humans.
We had a very solid starting location, and you guys really took advantage of that. I am really wanting to see what we can do with a "normal" start (No food boni).

Yeah, a "normal" start (non-AGR civ, no food bonus) is an entirely different game. LK88 would have given you a general feel for that. You can still come back, but its uphill for a while. I won a solo on Diety as England where I had two cities and some of the AI already had eight.

I'd like to take a stab at RandR Sid. Anyone up for it? Currently have a solo going where I have tech parity and 3000 gold in the bank near end of AA. Can be done.

I think the "second-city" strategy proved it's worth here for 25K runs. Would have been even better had we been pursuing it from the start (would have built settler before WH in Moscow, and thus founded St. Pete much earlier).

Top Bottom