Zetian's Apotheosis - to become a goddess

tudy

Chieftain
Hello everybody,

Greetings...

it's time for me to do a post here finally, after lurking around as non-member for quite some time now (years).

Civilization has always been a part of my PC-gaming-life. One of my earliest PC-memories is, how I took over off a completely desastrous Civilization I game of my sister (she is not exactly what you would call a strategist ^^) and somwhow managed to kill a Nuclear Missile by a Cataapult :lol:

What I however never achieved, is to beat a Civ-Game on its highest difficulty level. I always like to try out different playstyles and Civilizations and I guess this somehow hindered me so far to unlock the highest levels of play.

So, I change gears now: Deity win it must be, before the next Civ/AlphaCentauri appears! And to pursue this goal, I will switch my gamestyle. Instead of messing around with all different Civs, strategies and economies, I will focus on one Civ and economy.

To warm-up, I give it a shot on Immortal first, to get my head around the strenghts and weaknesses and what to watch out for, with my future favourite Civ. After a hopefully good outcome I will then take the challenge of heighten my leader into the spheres of gods.

...and Welcome

Let me introduce you to Wu Zetian, leader of China.

Settings

Game settings are:
  • Immortal, Large, Continents
  • All AI is random
  • Earth's characteristics (sea level, etc.) are random
  • All other settings are kept on default, except for
  • Promotions and Policies can be saved

Schedule and Concept

I am going to stream the games live via twitch. There you can see and hear me thinking about my micromanaging. From time to time I contemplate over different game concepts, like micro-ing your units during war, happiness, etc.

There is no fixed streaming schedule, but changes are best between 5 and 7 CEST on any work-day. On the weekends I will focus on editing (see below).

If you miss a stream, don't worry. All streams get recorded and lie on twitch for afterwards enjoyments. You can find links to the different sessions below (a session lasting between 1-2 hours).

For a more fast-paced experience, I am going to edit the recordings into cut versions, replacing the original sound by my "narrator"-voice. This should highlight key-points and curious situations in the game and omit uninteresting periods of the game. I aim for a time-reduction of pressing 1 hour of gameplay in something between 5-10 minutes. These edits are going to be published on youtube.

Recordings
Twitch
The Beginnings
Session 2
Session 3
Session 4
Session 5.1 and Session 5.2
Session 6

YouTube
Non so far. But here is the channel.

Cool & good luck, Deity is a hard gamble :) Also welcome to the forums.

Thanks, it will be exciting for me to see how much harder Deity is compared to Immortal. Not sure, which Civ it was, but, at least I think to remember that the gap between the last two levels is a bit wider, than the others.

This game looks good so far... maybe too good. I have to watch out...

Top Bottom