Zyyniwhat? Melilla native people?

MrTrt

Chieftain
I was playing a game with Spain, I founded Ceuta, Alhucemas, and Melilla (The cities names are badly placed, but it corresponds to City Name Maps thread) and a strange native population called Zyyanid or something like wants to declare independece (and usually declares it) each two or three turns. I was born there, in Melilla, so I know that there aren't any native population in this region of North Africa, maybe the Berebers could be considered, but it would be strange.

So, that's the question, can I change the population percentage with the WB or similar, to avoid it? If not, how can I delete the Zyynid or whatever they're called?

I was playing a game with Spain, I founded Ceuta, Alhucemas, and Melilla (The cities names are badly placed, but it corresponds to City Name Maps thread) and a strange native population called Zyyanid or something like wants to declare independece (and usually declares it) each two or three turns. I was born there, in Melilla, so I know that there aren't any native population in this region of North Africa, maybe the Berebers could be considered, but it would be strange.

So, that's the question, can I change the population percentage with the WB or similar, to avoid it? If not, how can I delete the Zyynid or whatever they're called?

The version that you downloaded is the first version to include this new map where all of Iberia and North Africa has been changed. The city name maps for this map are a work in progress and they'll probably be fixed for the next release.

I'm not sure what this Zyannid revolt thing is about, it's possibly a generic barbarian city name? In the last version, Marrakech spawned on its own as a barbarian city, and its position might be different now? I'm not sure, it would help if you uploaded a save.

The Ziyyanids were added as a minor civ in the Oran province in RFCE++ to simulate the fragmentation of the Almohad Empire (since Morocco is playable in RFCE++). Some versions ago they were put into main RFCE, for flavour I guess.

Ok, thank you both. I'll try to upload a save, if it helps.

Well, I understand why the Zyyanids are there, it isn't very historical, but the Oran province is the Oran province and the game's got its limitations. But why a city what I've founded in a historical spanish province (Stability: solid) wants to declare independence? Is it a bug?

No it's a feature, it's called "minor nations", where there are some pre-programmed uprisings in a certain province. You can, depending on the strength of the uprising, try to prevent it by having: up to 3 units in each city, autocratic government (divine monarchy is best), and up to 12 stability.
In the case of the Ziyyanids, they revolt around 1236, 1348, 1359, and 1544 (dates might vary a bit). The first revolt is very strong, the others not as much.

It's really not that ahistorical: in 1236, Spain stood no chance of holding anything in the Maghreb, Melilla not being conquered until the 1490's. Similar attempts by other powers had failed quite rapidly.

Melilla never has been conquered (in 1236 I had the city, but in real life Melilla didn't exist as such), but a lot of times attacked :D My game's revolts are very strong because they have declared independence 3 times, but doubts resolved, thank you ;)

The Ziyyanids were added as a minor civ in the Oran province in RFCE++ to simulate the fragmentation of the Almohad Empire (since Morocco is playable in RFCE++). Some versions ago they were put into main RFCE, for flavour I guess.

Yeah, I added a couple minor civs mostly for flavour
I also think Ziyyanids should stay too
Thanks for the clarification Morholt

Top Bottom