Rise of Asia

Shiro please look over your own threads and what you have written. Look over the pages of this thread. Otherwise its like erasing all of our work and starting again.

Sorry Bluemonkey...:(

Heres some Bamboo forests that I hastely assembled toghether. Not much deversity in form but at least I found DPII bamboo resource...

Attachments

• grassland forestsOrient.zip
    198.7 KB · Views: 72
Well, I was gone for 3 months. I didnt check any changes. Since nothing is done yet, we can change things now.

-I want 2 eras because I can create leaderheads faster, and get this mod done. Maybe later we can add new eras for an expansion.

-We still need UUs, and concept images for the UUs of:
Champa [Vietnam]
Pyu [Burma]
Srivijaya [Malaysia]
Han Ch'au [China]
Taproban [Sir Lanka]
Gangahrd [Bangladesh]
Khunnu Empire [Mongolia]
Hun Confederacy/ Wu Hu[Eurasian Steppes]

and concept art for:
Khampa horseman
Kshatrya
Gurka
Ashavaka lanacer

I think we have a problem because everything is scatered. We should have a thread for Units, Techs, Buildings/Wonders, and Leaderheads,Map, and other things will be on the main thread. What I would like to do is get a private forum on Civfanatics, like the Test of Time team has.

:banana:See! I knew if I just samped my foot and held my breath 'til I turned blue you guys would man up.

SoG: D'Led the bamboo, but may not get a chance to look at it until late in the week. Is it forest terrain, a resource graphic, or what?

Shirou: A private forum sounds useful; you've got my support to request it. I would suggest that we have a thread just to keep track of who currently has possession of the "official" biq. Speaking of which:

I have a newer version of the biq, revising the map as per post 330. It's not posted because I have not yet revised the entire map; most of the work placing terrain that is left to do is in Central & Northern Asia. Then the whole map needs LM placement. But since I'm elbow deep in revising Mountain graphics to become our LM Hills (passable Mts.), and it will take a while to make Mt graphics fit the Hill slot size and work visually, I'd be happy to "pass the baton" as soon as someone is ready to do some actual biq work (like adding units or civs).

Timerover, where are you with that info?

Sword_Of_Geddon said:
The bamboo is supposed to be forest graphics actually. I thought I'd hand it to you for your approval.
If I don't get to them tonight, I'll try hard to look at them tomorrow afternoon, so you can get quick feedback.
ShiroKobbure said:
-I want 2 eras because I can create leaderheads faster, and get this mod done. Maybe later we can add new eras for an expansion.
Let's have four eras now; just re-use the leaderheads (one for first two eras, one for second two), that way we don't have a crippled tech tree, limited units, etc.

Sword_Of_Geddon said:
The bamboo is supposed to be forest graphics actually. I thought I'd hand it to you for your approval.
Ok, I've just looked at the file. The bamboo looks like a very good start. I'd suggest you make the stands slightly larger & greener, so they will stand out more on the map. This is definitely along the lines of what we want.

ShiroKobbure said:
-We still need UUs, and concept images for the UUs of:
Champa [Vietnam]
Pyu [Burma]
Srivijaya [Malaysia]
Han Ch'au [China]
Taproban [Sir Lanka]
Gangahrd [Bangladesh]
Khunnu Empire [Mongolia]
Hun Confederacy/ Wu Hu[Eurasian Steppes]

and concept art for:
Khampa horseman
Kshatrya
Gurka
Ashavaka lanacer
early list from me
a list from 7Ronin
from Ogedei
possible naval UUs suggested by SoG
Khampa concept art by ShiroKoburre!?
Kshatrya concept art (plus Ashvaka costume) provided by me etc., etc., etc., ...
Shiro, if you don't even remember what you've posted yourself, reread the thread. If you don't like our suggestions, give us some clues about what you're looking for.

SoG: re: greener bamboo

ShiroKobbure said:
Still need UUS for:
Taprobane[Sir Lanka]
Gangahrd[Bangladesh]
Champa [Vietnam]
Blue Monkey said:
If you don't like our suggestions, give us some clues about what you're looking for.
ShiroKobbure said:
Maurya can not have a chariot because I cant make one
Gee, it's too bad we're not allowed to request a unit from anyone else. It's even worse that no one is even willing to (oops, strike that, replaced with allowed to) attempt to adapt a pre-existing unit.:mischief:

@Quinzy: Yes, this, like a few others of the chariot units around, could be adapted. The Kshatriya chariot is heavy. Here's the look. As you can see, it's often depicted as a four-wheeled "cart", although sometimes two-wheeled. It may have two or four horses. The chariot itself is called a ratha. the warrior, normally using a bow, is the Kshatrya, and there is also a charioteer. One notable feature is the chattra (parasol) which marks the high rank of the Kshastrya. Along with the pennant, it could mark the civ color of the unit. I would not really identify a chariot as "Indian" without a chattra of some kind.

@Shiro: although the image is a rajasthani, in style it could serve very well for the ashavaka lancer

Here's a gallery of gurkhas. The villager with the kukri knife upper left is a contemporary gurkha; most of the engravings/paintings are of gurkhas serving the British Raj (18th/19th cent.) although I tried to select images showing more traditional clothing and weaponry, the reeneactments in traditional costume are by various Gurkha regiments. The museum piece is leather armor that is supposed to have been worn by the founder of the Gurkha kingdom in Nepal.

Han ch'au should be spelled "Han-zhao;" I'd suggest using the Pinyin system rather than the Wade-Giles system.

Since you have Champa, why not have Au-Lac (or Nanyue) as well? The UU could be the Au-Lac Crossbowman (from the An Duong legend).

ShiroKobbure said:
I think we have a problem because everything is scatered. We should have a thread for Units, Techs, Buildings/Wonders, and Leaderheads,Map, and other things will be on the main thread. What I would like to do is get a private forum on Civfanatics, like the Test of Time team has.
Any progress on this?

Top Bottom