Random Rants XXXVIII: First World Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I just realized I have the ACT this month. I suppose I'm happy that I don't have everything stacked up in May like I'd thought, but I am starting to freak out just a little.

If you aren't scanning something at the computers "reserved for scanning", then you shouldn't be using those computers for extended periods of time (not just checking one thing or printing something out).

Not that difficult of a concept people.

My father is in the hospital again, quite ill.

This morning he went to a dermatologist to see about a serious rash on his back and penis. He thinks these were caused by an allergic reaction to the antibiotic he was placed on a week and a half ago when he went to the ER with a mysterious 104 degree fever, but it could also be a bad reaction to the chemotherapy he is taking for chronic lymphatic leukemia. Some moles on his back have recently grown and become more irregular, so he had them biopsied there too. The dermatologist said he seemed fine when he left, and that he said he would be stopping ti make a deposit at the bank on his way home. I'm not sure if he made it to the bank or not, but he did not make it home. A policeman found him near the bank, with his car parked in the middle of the road. He found him delirious and unresponsive, so he called for an ambulance to take him to the emergency room. (The car was moved to a parking space on the side of the road, next to a Methodist church.)

The ER took an x-ray and CT scan, and last I heard were still waiting on the results of a blood test. They still did not know what is wrong with him. They gave him something mild to try reduce the delirium, but are still waiting on test results and to hear back from his oncologist before treating him with anything else. After we told the doctor the medications he was taking and that he has complained of begin unable to have a bowel movement for a week and a half, he said they would have to check for damage to his liver.

Dad did become a little better after we arrived. He can respond to some questions coherently, but there is still about as much incoherent babbling and a lot more moaning. He keeps having to be reminded that he has a catheter and that he should not try to scratch the painful rash on his penis or try to get out of bed to go to the restroom.

Mom called dad's ex-wife (who lives quite close to the hospital) to drive me to the place where they had left his car, so I could leave the van there for her to use. When I was halfway home, I realized that I had the ticket from the hospital parking deck in my pocket. I'm going to have to drive back to the hospital again in a couple hours.

Edit: I just got back from bringing my mom home (or rather bringing her the car and using the ticket to take the ban home myself). Dad have been moved from the ER to ICU. He has had several bowel movements, and is now in diapers. He was given a suppository for his pain and fever. Mom first claimed that they never told us anything about the blood test results, but then later remembered that the doctor saying that he has a fungal infection. When a nurse asked him questions like if he knows what day it is, he correctly responded that it is a Tuesday but he was not sure what year it is.

I'm very sorry to hear about that, Magister. :( I hope he heals from whatever illness it is soon.

If the "overwhelming majority" are opposed to this, then why are only a handful of people actually complaining about it? :huh:

As said, the complaining is spread out (thanks to two different forums).

Also polls show a pretty hefty opposition to the move.

As said, the complaining is spread out (thanks to two different forums).

Also polls show a pretty hefty opposition to the move.

The opposition is more about how the change has been made (ie removal of postcount, no distinction between topics suitable for each forum, general distaste for the sheer arrogance and condescension of the moderators selling the changes), rather than the change itself. Also, it's important to remember that people tend to be annoyed by change regardless of whether it is actually beneficial or not.

The opposition is more about how the change has been made (ie removal of postcount, no distinction between topics suitable for each forum, general distaste for the sheer arrogance and condescension of the moderators selling the changes), rather than the change itself. Also, it's important to remember that people tend to be annoyed by change regardless of whether it is actually beneficial or not.

Truth, this post contains.

About change: it is best when implemented gradually and with plenty of information available to those affected, at least so say all my business classes.

My father is in the hospital again, quite ill.

This morning he went to a dermatologist to see about a serious rash on his back and penis. He thinks these were caused by an allergic reaction to the antibiotic he was placed on a week and a half ago when he went to the ER with a mysterious 104 degree fever, but it could also be a bad reaction to the chemotherapy he is taking for chronic lymphatic leukemia. Some moles on his back have recently grown and become more irregular, so he had them biopsied there too. The dermatologist said he seemed fine when he left, and that he said he would be stopping ti make a deposit at the bank on his way home. I'm not sure if he made it to the bank or not, but he did not make it home. A policeman found him near the bank, with his car parked in the middle of the road. He found him delirious and unresponsive, so he called for an ambulance to take him to the emergency room. (The car was moved to a parking space on the side of the road, next to a Methodist church.)

The ER took an x-ray and CT scan, and last I heard were still waiting on the results of a blood test. They still did not know what is wrong with him. They gave him something mild to try reduce the delirium, but are still waiting on test results and to hear back from his oncologist before treating him with anything else. After we told the doctor the medications he was taking and that he has complained of begin unable to have a bowel movement for a week and a half, he said they would have to check for damage to his liver.

Dad did become a little better after we arrived. He can respond to some questions coherently, but there is still about as much incoherent babbling and a lot more moaning. He keeps having to be reminded that he has a catheter and that he should not try to scratch the painful rash on his penis or try to get out of bed to go to the restroom.

Mom called dad's ex-wife (who lives quite close to the hospital) to drive me to the place where they had left his car, so I could leave the van there for her to use. When I was halfway home, I realized that I had the ticket from the hospital parking deck in my pocket. I'm going to have to drive back to the hospital again in a couple hours.

Edit: I just got back from bringing my mom home (or rather bringing her the car and using the ticket to take the ban home myself). Dad have been moved from the ER to ICU. He has had several bowel movements, and is now in diapers. He was given a suppository for his pain and fever. Mom first claimed that they never told us anything about the blood test results, but then later remembered that the doctor saying that he has a fungal infection. When a nurse asked him questions like if he knows what day it is, he correctly responded that it is a Tuesday but he was not sure what year it is.

Hope things get better. :(

I can't help but feel that I made the biggest mistake of my life. :(

Not at liberty to discuss.

Fortunately it's nothing illegal, but still....
Apparently this was due to my only two RL friends being evil, manipulative bastards.

They ain't my friends any more! :smug:

On an unrelated note, rant:

My mom's back seems to be broken again, so she'll have to go to the hospital. :(

There are working 4 female co-workers of my age here and the two I might be interested in have a boyfriend....

Working Easter Saturday , Sunday and Monday . Did not even consider that I won't be able to get dry cleaning done due to holidays . Ironing business shirts is not my strong point . I have 20 hours left to find a girlfriend .

There are working 4 female co-workers of my age here and the two I might be interested in have a boyfriend....
So there's two of them unclaimed! I'm not saying that women are like Civ tiles, but…

for me, women are a lot like civ tiles. I can only know of 8 at a time (but once I get caste system, you better believe I'll be an artist just to attract it up to 20!)

I'm on a one-tile island.

I'm terrible at making follow up posts... sorry Cami :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom