GGF4: French

He has to repost the save then you or i can play.

BigNHuge said:
no no no its the save.
i loaded a 1.15b file to 1.22 and it worked fine. so it is the save.
(1.1 Ancient Age file)
yes, I know. that's my mod and we're far enough along in 1.0gram that i've been peaking :D

however, I was able to load the ggf3 save with my 1.15b installation but not with my 1.22f installation so it looks like we're s**t out of luck. i tried the 760AD file as well and ran into the same problem.

Jee thats great now i cant play because i hadnt played for a while and skipped 1.15b.
I have 1.22 and 1.12

Also do any of you guys know how to get the name of the civilzation next to a city?
(I.E.) Washington (Americans)

Why is it that we cannot upgrade this game to v1.22? An upgrade should be upwards compatible IMHO.

i'm not getting to this tonight and i won't have my 1.15b install with me this week as i'll be on the road for work. i'll only have 1.22f on my work laptop. sorry jb, but I can't get back to this one till Friday or Saturday, the 24th.

maybe gogf goofed the original save, altering something unintentionally and now it's not compatible with anything except 1.15b. you may want to post the save on the tech help forum to see if anyone can fix it.

Turner said:
I'm pretty sure that the 1.20 and later saves are not compatible with earlier games. I had thought they were....but I guess not.

Looks like we're stuck w/ 1.15b. I'm not going to try the patch jumping.

Im back from being gone for the weekend, and it looks like i cant play this game. But ill lurk/give advice.

Sorry BigN,

Was looking forward to having you in on this one. Well, we'll get your monster map going and that should keep us busy for a while.

most definantly
:)

I think you emailed me about this. Sorry, but I can't play, because I don't have C3C. If you do e-mail me in the future, please note I only have Vanilla and PTW as of right now.

Grahamiam, what are your thoughts on this one?

Anyone else out there?

jb1964 said:
Grahamiam, what are your thoughts on this one?

Anyone else out there?
imho, lets let this hibernate till either one of the missing players returns or someone decides to join our rag-tag group. 2 players just isn't enough as we have a lot of game left to play.

Posted the following.....

We need 2 to 3 more players for the following game: GGF4

We have had dropouts for a number of reasons.

Abstract...
We're French, about to take over our continent and then project our massive power across the open waters.

The Inca are our concern of the moment. They have been a pain for some time but we are in the process of taking revenge. Too bad they never were able to get horses.

Iroquois are sided with us in this campaign but will soon be under our hooves as well.

Arabs and Celts are on a sad island to our north. We'll kill the Arabs next to gain dyes and then keep a good sized force around to remove the Celts.

Across the sea we have the Persians, Sumerians, Maya, Aztecs, Americans, & Vikings. The Maya, Sumerians and Persians seem to have formed themselves into a tech and trading troika that must be stopped. The Sumerians are the strongest so I say wound them first.

As you can see there is much warring ahead and we could use a couple of hands to keep this game rolling forward.

Again, we're playing at v1.15b and cannot upgrade the game to 1.22

Gads!

There's much fun to be had here. Not sure why this does not seem to have appeal. Maybe everyone has discovered it's summer in the real world. :)

If anyone, and I do mean anyone other than me or Gramhamian, wants to pull this one down and run through 10-15 turns feel free. I'm tellin' ya, it's a good game.

[/lurk]

I think the roster is:
Gogf -- UP NOW
Gogf -- ON DECK
Gogf -- in the hole

:)

Seriously, Gogf, I'm pretty sure jb and grahamiam have been looking for another partner to play, so they'd be happy to have you up now for 10.

[lurk]

Arathorn

Gogf said:
Anyway, okay, I'll play ASAP.
good to have you back. seems to be hard to find anyone willing to play 1.15b anymore. also, cb disappears so jb and I were ping-ponging the save too often.
we are just now killing the inca. have fun :) i am out of town friday and saturday so jb can pick it up next if he wants.

Top Bottom