Africa

Which civ from Africa you would like to see in Civ 7?

• Egypt

Votes: 13 76.5%
  • Lybia

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nubia

Votes: 14 82.4%
  • Ethiopia

Votes: 15 88.2%
  • Ghana

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Shongai

• Mali

Votes: 12 70.6%
  • Marrocos

Votes: 13 76.5%
  • Ashante

Votes: 11 64.7%
  • Oyo

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Dahomey

• Benin

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Kongo

Votes: 12 70.6%
  • Angola

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Zulu

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • Swahilli

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • South Africa

• Botswana

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Zimbabwe

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Chad

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Sokoto Capliphate

• Nri

• Madagascar

• Somalia

• Nigéria

• Republic Center-African

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Uganda

• Rwanda

• Kenya

• Lesoto

• Total voters
That only appear at the tail end of the game. The mechanic is just as unfeasable and un-marketable as your Brazilian slave-raider unit turning defeated enemy units into new workers from a couple years ago.
Are you talking about the Bandeirantes? I still believe it should be Brazilian Unique Unit, not because they are hunter of slaves, but because they represent very well brazilian heritage, Brazil have big boarders because of the exploration of Bandeirantes.
And Bandeirantes don't did nothing than the other Unique Units don't made, as for example Spanish Unique Unit, the Conquistador, also enslaved people and it is in the game.
If you want to discuss this again, the thread is here: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/brazil-unique-unit.665609/

NO. Otherwise we might as well as have Kim Il Sung for Korea.
I don't have problems with Kim Il Sung leading Korea, but this game is avoiding communist leaders (and Korea have others better options too)
And about Bokassa, why not? He was a modern emperor, self proclaimed as Napoleon was, and Napoleon was in civ 5.

At an abstract level, there is something really cool about the idea of a Central African politician appropriating the symbols of European imperial power and giving them a distinctively African context. I wish that is how the story had unfolded.

The concrete reality was very different from the abstract. Bokassa’s misrule, corruption and atrocities are well-documented. It was a parody both of Bonapartism and traditional African kingship, in practice resembling neither.

Also he shot and ate children for not wearing the state sanctioned school uniform.... so yeah... probably not the best pick.

This is why instead of Bokassa I am once again going to suggest Radama I leading Madagascar.

He isn't a terrible tyrant, would fulfill the same "modern king" aesthetic, actually brought prosperity to the island, and would bring an interesting and unique culture to the game.

suggest Radama I leading Madagascar.
I'm cool with Radama I leading Madagascar (or Merina). I believe Madagascar have a very unique culture and diserve to be in the game. At least they was a city state in Civ 6.

I don't have problems with Kim Il Sung leading Korea, but this game is avoiding communist leaders (and Korea have others better options too)
And about Bokassa, why not? He was a modern emperor, self proclaimed as Napoleon was, and Napoleon was in civ 5.
He was main reason why Repubic of Central Africa is so poor. And he was mocked by every leader. See this video.
He is nothing more than wannabe Napoleon. At least Napoleon did conquer Europe. This guy didn't even conquer Africe. He was just cosplaying as Napoleon.

At an abstract level, there is something really cool about the idea of a Central African politician appropriating the symbols of European imperial power and giving them a distinctively African context. I wish that is how the story had unfolded.

The concrete reality was very different from the abstract. Bokassa’s misrule, corruption and atrocities are well-documented. It was a parody both of Bonapartism and traditional African kingship, in practice resembling neither.

Also he shot and ate children for not wearing the state sanctioned school uniform.... so yeah... probably not the best pick.

And, he blew over half of the national budget, and all of his aid from France, on his coronation ceremony, which no foreign leader or notable, and only a sparse few journalists, bothered attending. Fiscal hardships for his already poverty-stricken nation from right off the bat.

He was main reason why Repubic of Central Africa is so poor. And he was mocked by every leader. See this video.
He is nothing more than wannabe Napoleon. At least Napoleon did conquer Europe. This guy didn't even conquer Africe. He was just cosplaying as Napoleon.
And, he blew over half of the national budget, and all of his aid from France, on his coronation ceremony, which no foreign leader or notable, and only a sparse few journalists, bothered attending. Fiscal hardships for his already poverty-stricken nation from right off the bat.
Okay, okay. Maybe Bokassa isn't a good name for Civilization 7.
But, how about Shango leading Oyo empire? He was the 3rd king of Oyo and is praised like a god in Americas. The god of Thunder, Fire and Justice.

I belive this game need to have at least one of the Slavery kingdoms to represent this chapter of human history. My first option was Dahomey, but community don't like because it's history just have slavery on it (from rise to fall). So I may ask, how about Oyo empire?

But, how about Shango leading Oyo empire? He was the 3rd king of Oyo and is praised like a god in Americas. The god of Thunder, Fire and Justice.

I'm not that enthusiastic about demigod-type leaders, but whatever gets a Nigerian civ (ideally one from the North, one from the South) in works for me.

Personally, I think Egypt, Ethiopia, Yoruba, and Swahili should all be base-game picks (rather than just Egypt + rotating token Sub-Saharan civ). They've each got the IRL demographics and unique gameplay niches to make the cut. Otherwise, Morocco, Ghana/Mali/Songhai, Hausa/Fulani, Kongo/Angola, Nubia, Madagscar, and Somalia are also strong contenders for expansion packs.

I'm okay with the Zulu sticking around if Shaka can replace Gandhi as Civ's mascot. The Zulu in-game are kind of a cult of personality civ at this point anyways.

I'm not that enthusiastic about demigod-type leaders
Shango is praised like a god in Americas but that don't mean he isn't a real king. When he dies his subjects start to claim he didn't die, but become an Orixá instead. Orixá is gods in Yoruba religion.

I'm okay with the Zulu sticking around if Shaka can replace Gandhi as Civ's mascot. The Zulu in-game are kind of a cult of personality civ at this point anyways.
I love Shaka Zulu, but I believe Civ 7 can change a bit Zulu leader, maybe Cetshwayo (who fought against the British and the Boers) and was the last independent king of Zulus. I made a thread about this issue. https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/zulu-alternative-leader.675851/
but it receives any coment untill now :undecide:

But I agree the time of Gandhi is over, I hope Civ7 don't have more Gandhi or India, instead some kingdons and sultanates to replace the space of India.

Other civ than I forgot to put in the poll is the Boers.
What do you think of Boers be lead by Paul Kruger in Civ 7?

It will be fun to have someone close to the Zulus to start early domination victory.

Last edited:
That's fine that you forgot them. :p

Other civ than I forgot to put in the poll is the Boers.
What do you think of Boers be lead by Paul Kruger in Civ 7?

It will be fun to have someone close to the Zulus to start early domination victory.

They'll go over about as well in the modern market as Jefferson Davis as an alternate American leader (which is a shameful, stained reputation, as I I know a few modern Afrikaaners who are great people).

They'll go over about as well in the modern market as Jefferson Davis as an alternate American leader (which is a shameful, stained reputation, as I I know a few modern Afrikaaners who are great people).
I know the Boers are a bit controversial because the Apartheid and stuffs as that. But I can see they as civ material.
I mean, it is very unique a White civ in south bottom of Africa. But I would agree if someone said other civs should come first.
And Jefferson Davis can't be leader of USA because he was president of CSA, I mean, is possible to CSA become a civ, but I would prefer other USA breakstates as Texas to come first.

I know the Boers are a bit controversial because the Apartheid and stuffs as that. But I can see they as civ material
They are shying away from controversial choices these days. I don’t think they would do it. Heck they would rather make Israel a full civ before they make Boers a full civ.

I know the Boers are a bit controversial because the Apartheid and stuffs as that. But I can see they as civ material.
I mean, it is very unique a White civ in south bottom of Africa. But I would agree if someone said other civs should come first.
South Africa itself is more likely. But I don't expect that to happen anytime soon either considering their best potential leader, Nelson Mandela, is too recent.

Imagine having South Africa spawn in the north. :crazyeye:
No different than Australia, The Land Down Under, spawning in the continent of North America while America spawning in the continent of Australia. :lol:

Top Bottom