Altered Maps 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
And the Sava west of Belgrade

^Hm? Well, it is next to the river, which is why it was abandoned in ww1 by the serbian army. At any rate i don't think it was there in the first kingdom of Serbia, ie following the fourth crusade. They were centered on Kosovo then, or similar. Principality of something. :)

The Serbs had their capital down in Skupi/Skopje at some point.
btw it's Singidunum in Roman times, not simply ‘whitecity’.
*aima=blood
haima. We have to educate the barbarians.
Isn't that otherwise known as "successful EU4 Byzantium"? Clearly you should have coloured that in Tyrian purple. :)
Without Kriti, Anatolia, Sykelia, Kypros and the Khersonisos?

One thing at a time, my good man. Besides, if Venice gets beaten up enough, they'll often give you Cyprus for free as part of someone else's victory. :)

The reëstablishment of the Exarchate of Ravenna is an eventual goal one could accept.

Last edited:
Can't read a thing. What is this?

This is a good thing - might I suggest Ngunnawal or Ngarigo as the name for the ACT? (There's a bit of a dispute about traditional ownership. Ngunnawal was recognised official in 2002 but there's other groups and Ngunnawal may not describe a self-percieved nation)

Edit: or Ngambri. Turns out this is more complex and disputed than I thought!

Last edited:
TIL Europeans adopted the preexistent adminitrative divisions for their states and territories. :p

Yeah, the Spanish preferred to keep their Catalan colonies under the administration of the local elites.

I've been playing Train Fever on a map with 15 cities on it. I gradually expanded my transportation company and now 175 years later finally every single city on the map is connected by rail using 4 lines

I wanted to have a good plan for future rail expansion but didn't see the big picture very well in the game, because there is no mini-map for some reason. So I took 6 screenshots and glued them all together and drew out the 4 lines and all the stations so that I could see what was going on. It's not perfect but I just needed to see the big picture so I didn't care.

It's an altered map so now you get to see it too

I started out my transport empire in the city where 3 of the lines intersect. Let's call that city the capital. Originally the first line was the yellow line and it just had 3 stations. Then the red line was built, also with 3 stations, producing an X. From there I built the green line, also with 3 stations. Then I expanded these 3 lines outward, until I had enough cashflow to create an all new rail line that does not feed into the capital, which became the blue line.

In cities that have stations from multiple lines passing through, both lines run through the same train station, for easy transfers... except for the capital, which has 3 separate train stations in different parts of town. This was done on purpose initially to stretch the city out and encourage construction to produce a larger city. This sort of worked but is not as efficient as if I was using one station. (from what I can tell). That's fine by me though, you kind of get bored with the same approach to every city on the map. Plus it allows me to design a more interesting LRT system.

Spoiler :
Each city on the map has a dedicated Light Rail Transit system designed to bring people to and from the train station (and to move people around in the town to get to work, shopping, entertainment districts, etc.). There's basically always a large LRT station right by the train station and a loop that goes through all the main parts of town.

The capital is a bit different. It has a super rapid LRT system that links the 3 train stations, which also stops in a large central station in the centre of town, basically right in the middle of the triangle formed by the train stations. (plus a couple other strategic stops) There is also another LRT line, a bigger loop, that goes to other parts of town. It intersects with the super rapid LRT line in a couple places and stops at the same central LRT station, as well as the LRT station by the red line train station. (I have more going on in that part of town to encourage city growth by the lake)

On top of that my transport empire transports raw minerals to factories on trucks, as well as goods from the factories to most of the 15 cities in order to help them grow

I'm glad I created this map because now I have a much better idea of what I should do with the 5th line. In fact, it is going to be a 5th line and a 6th line. I also have some new ideas for high speed lines between some cities

edit: Ambitious 50 year plan.

Result would be that you can get from any city to any other city in 2 or less direct city to city trips. And if you live in the capital you can get to any other city in just 1 direct trip. (Except for one city of misfits which is not as connected as the others)

Spoiler :

6 new lines: the purple and black relief lines, the orange and white high speed lines, and the pink and light blue connector lines.

It has also been since decided that the purple line will be extended to the city of misfits to give them a better chance of survival in today's fast paced society.

These lines will probably not all be built. I will begin by constructing the relief lines and then profit allowing I will build whatever lines density and population levels allow. We'll see how far we get.

Last edited:
It sounds as if you would definitely enjoy a game of Transport Tycoon, warpus.

I used to play Transport Tycoon Deluxe back in the 90s. Train Fever is basically the same game, but with better graphics and some improvements to the gameplay. (but without planes or boats, that's coming in the sequel)

Btw I ran into issues building the 5th line, turns out it's not going to be easy to expand some of these train stations to accept more lines.. at least in the capital, which is rather spread out, with a bunch of built up areas around the 3 train stations. Other cities should take on a second line more easily.. but in my plans some cities will take on 4 new lines so that's a bit crazy too. I am spending millions rebuilding parts of the capital for now, trying to find room for the 4 new lines that are supposed to be going through there.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom