Alternate History NESes; Spout some ideas!

So? Which alternate histories appeal to you?

• Rome Never Falls

Votes: 58 35.8%
  • Axis Wins WWII

Votes: 55 34.0%
  • D-Day Fails

Votes: 41 25.3%
  • No Fort Sumter, No Civil War

Votes: 32 19.8%
  • No Waterloo

Votes: 33 20.4%
  • Islamic Europe

Votes: 43 26.5%
  • No Roman Empire

Votes: 37 22.8%
  • Carthage wins Punic Wars

Votes: 51 31.5%
  • Alexander the Great survives his bout with malaria

Votes: 54 33.3%
  • Mesoamerican Empires survived/Americas not discovered

Votes: 48 29.6%
  • Americans lose revolutionary war/revolutionary war averted

Votes: 44 27.2%
  • Years of Rice and Salt (Do it again!)

Votes: 24 14.8%
  • Recolonization of Africa

Votes: 20 12.3%
  • Advanced Native Americans

Votes: 59 36.4%
  • Successful Zimmerman note

Votes: 35 21.6%
  • Germany wins WWI

Votes: 63 38.9%
  • Other

Votes: 31 19.1%

• Total voters
Ahhh...I would love for someone to mod the Chinese Enligtened Emperor one, and be China....

Yeah, what if Dewey did defeat Truman?;)

I'm surprised by the voter turnout.:)

Axis wins WWII and Advanced native americans are tied, only one vote behind Alexander the Great lives.

Alexander the Great lives, or Alexander the Great goes west? Anyway, how about this Alexander the Great setting:
- Alexander the Great returns to Babylon from India (OTL).
- Alexander the Great gets ill, but fortunately for him a Persian healer just happened to come to Babylon and saved him. Alexander farther encourages the mixing of Greek and Persian cultures, and officially declares the Alexandrine Empire. He then decides that India is not for him and goes off to conquer Carthage (historically, he did plan, after his retreat from India, to attack Carthage because its Phoenicean).
- Alexander DOES die eventually, but not before adding North Africa, Italia, Massila and Iberian Mediterrnean coast to his empire. After that the reign of Phillip II begins, and capital is officially moved to Alexandria.
- News of Alexander get as far east as China. The threat of Alexandrines causes India to be firmly united, and China begins to cautiously start expanding southward and westward.
- In Europe, Alexander and Philipp II begin a tradition of creating allied kingdoms outside of their territory, primarily in Gaul and Scythia. But the bid leads only to trouble, as Vercingrotix unites the Gauls, and Scythian Horde begins to threaten the Alexandrines in the Balkans. Several Germannic kingdoms arise.
- After Carthage fell, a group of refugees led by Hannibal fled south, to Western Africa, where the Kingdom of Ghana is established. After Rome fell, its people too fled - to Britannia.

How's that?

Oh i want the other one:(

LOL. Its up to Amenhotep7, actually. So will you (Amen) go with the most popular poll idea (Alexander) or with my idea, or with some other one? And when will it be? And maybe someone else, who doesn't currently have a NES to mod, will do it?

lol the romans flee to Britannia? Well theres a thought Britain was a bustling nation at the time but very much secluded and only trading with northern france and germany. plenty of gold, silver copper etc and they would be comfy but why run that far?

Because the Alexandrines allied with various Gauls, and thus the only option was fleeing overseas. Besides, the Romans claim to have fled all the way from Troy to Italy - why couldn't they flee from Italy to Britain?

Besides, I think I heard such an idea on some site, don't remember where, but I thought it was cool anyway to have the Scipian (city of Scipius, built on river Thames for no reason by Scipio the leader of the Scipian refugees fleeing from Italy) Empire in Britannia.

- News of Alexander get as far east as China. The threat of Alexandrines causes India to be firmly united, and China begins to cautiously start expanding southward and westward

Emm...China would never be cautious in expanding anywhere just based on stories and rumors. China thought that the Roman Empire at it's height was just another petty kingdom and sent an army to conquer it. That was before the Parthians told the Chinese General however.

Nope!

emu, it around the Late Han Dynasty. Like around 0 AD-200 AD, or more specifically during the command of the Han General, Liu Bao or something like that. Communications were sketchy, and the Chinese having EVEN heard of the Roman Empire is very good.

Well, okay, in that case China doesn't care at first, but eventually an Alexandrine explorer expedition discovers China and that provokes China somehow expanding.

maybe u should have it the other way around...(i should add Chinese Fanatic in my sig.)

Here is another one.

After unification under the Tokugawa shogunate in 1603?, instead of turning isolationist and inward Japan continues to expand and takes an active role in global affiars. Possbile Japanese/Spanish rivalry, or Japanese colonies in China, Japanese alliance with Portugues or Dutch. Could be interesting.

@Duddha

WOW! I didn't know you were active here!:goodjob: cool, man.:cool:

You know, I really like that. Japan could even have colonies on the west coast. Japanese San Fran, anybody?:crazyeye:

He just joined that States NES of North King's, actually.

As for Japan - here is another one. How about the Christianity becomes more widespread? The fearsome Jesuit Samurai? The Holy Japanese Empire, stretching from Korea to New Honshu (California)? Thus with such a powerful ally, Spain remains a world power!

Better yet, what if Jesus' followers preached to the Parthian Empire instead of the Roman? The west'd remain old religions and the east'd be Christian. The Chinese crusading against the steppe barbarians

Top Bottom