C2C _ Unhealthiness Mod

For human consumption there is probably a case to be made for normalizing all properties to have the same operational range (0-1000 say), otherwise it's hard for a user to know that 100 disease is 'as bad as it gets', yet 100 crime is fairly moderate.

Good point - a quick in Hydro's folder gives the following ranges at which relevant buildings can appear:

Crime - from 1 to 950
Water Pollution - from 400 to 950
Air Pollution - from 400 to 1000

It probably makes sense for Water & Air Pollution to have similar ranges, being as they are similar properties. The spread for Crime seems like a reasonable one for Disease, though that would realistically need new Disease buildings (there are 45 Crimes buildings, compared to 6 Disease buildings).

Well Crime has been tested and balanced and rebalanced. Similar for the pollutions. But disease is is in its infant stage. DH and TB have advanced disease stuff they want to do so the 6 diseases are more or less place holders to a system that might not even be used. Or at leased supplemented by a better system. Diseases ultimately will be a bit more complex than how crimes work and I can't wait to see how it plays out with DH's and TB's implementation.

Thus complaining about the 6 existing diseases is a bit premature because they ultimately will be changed.

Well Crime has been tested and balanced and rebalanced. Similar for the pollutions. But disease is is in its infant stage. DH and TB have advanced disease stuff they want to do so the 6 diseases are more or less place holders to a system that might not even be used. Or at leased supplemented by a better system. Diseases ultimately will be a bit more complex than how crimes work and I can't wait to see how it plays out with DH's and TB's implementation.

Thus complaining about the 6 existing diseases is a bit premature because they ultimately will be changed.

I completely understand that there are some very ambitious plans for Disease, and I can't wait either to see what happens. I'm simply suggesting a few tweaks to make what's there now work a bit more evenly until the point is reached when the more advanced ideas are implemented.

Now if only Crime would be reduced to 6 bldgs......(daydream....sigh...).:hide:

JosEPh

Right now, Disease is really a minor factor on gameplay. I play on Deity and I never pay attention to it, because in worst case it is less than 15 Unhealthiness in every city. Thats at most 15 food less per turn, which only plays a role in the very early game.

I know you plan some infections which would be really cool! But there are a lot of diseases that aren't infectios (or almost not). Those could be added as pseudo buildings as well. I'm thinking of

- Cancer (maybe seperate it in the various types of cancer)
- Alzheimer's
- Diabetis
- Heart Diseases
- Parkinson
- Chorea Huntington
- Autoimmun Diseases
- Food Poisoning
- Snake Bites
- Adipositas

Also, excisting Diseases should be a lot stronger. Maybe triple their unhealthiness. And don't make Diseases are effected by "no unhealthiness from buildings".

Right now, Disease is really a minor factor on gameplay. I play on Deity and I never pay attention to it, because in worst case it is less than 15 Unhealthiness in every city. Thats at most 15 food less per turn, which only plays a role in the very early game.

I know you plan some infections which would be really cool! But there are a lot of diseases that aren't infectios (or almost not). Those could be added as pseudo buildings as well. I'm thinking of

- Cancer (maybe seperate it in the various types of cancer)
- Alzheimer's
- Diabetis
- Heart Diseases
- Parkinson
- Chorea Huntington
- Autoimmun Diseases
- Food Poisoning
- Snake Bites
- Adipositas

Also, excisting Diseases should be a lot stronger. Maybe triple their unhealthiness. And don't make Diseases are effected by "no unhealthiness from buildings".

We're sorta on pause I think with disease development in waiting for a more involved system - a project is still in the works there and we've had to put disease on a shelf for a moment to get the other things being brought up taken care of first.

I have been thinking about this more and have thought about something to penalise unhealthiness in a city using disease events.
1. City disease events don't occur until after "Sedentary Lifestyle" and have at least one city with more than population 6.

2. Chance reduced by 10% for each population point < 6.

3. If population > 6 chance increased by 1% for each unhealthy point doubled if more than 5 and doubled again if more than 10. 100% or more chance if > 15.​
Quotes are from earlier discussion on this forum

Effects: Mostly these are about loosing population or population growth (ie food from the city store)

Cholera

Cholera (Req Canal Systems)
Cause: Random Chance
Spread: Fast
Cure: Smart Drugs

Special Abilities

+4
+1 from Freshwater
+1 from Sanitation
+1 from Modern Sanitation
-5% Spread from Freshwater
-5% Spread from Sanitation
-5% Spread from Modern Sanitation

This is a contamination disease and would not spread between cities. However it may affect units in the city or in the cities work area. See Affliction: Cholera when we get it

I propose 3 events Minor Outbreak, Outbreak and major Outbreak.
  • Minor - loose half stored food
  • Normal - loose all stored food
  • Major - loose one population

Events adjusted by:-
  • water source - chance higher for well lower for reservoir.
  • Hospital reduce the effect by one level
  • Smart Drugs obsoletes

Events adjusted by:-
  • water source - chance higher for well lower for reservoir.

Which type of well and what about a Cistern?

Town Well (Masonry) -> Artesian Well (Invention)

Cistern (Sanitation) -> Reservoir (Steam Power)

Will other water building be effected such as Water Pumps, Aqueducts and/or Baths/Pools?

Here is a list of buildings in the Water Mod.

Water Mod
- Aqueduct
- Artesian Well
- Bath House
- Cistern
- Department of Water
- Desalination Plant
- Fire Airport
- Fire Hydrants
- Hand Water Pump
- Irrigation Cannals
- Reservoir
- Sewer System
- Town Well
- Water Pipes
- Water Pumping Station
- Water Tower
- Water Treatment Plant
- Wind Water Pump

This covers most water related buildings. Except like the Public Pool.

Which type of well and what about a Cistern?

Town Well (Masonry) -> Artesian Well (Invention)

Cistern (Sanitation) -> Reservoir (Steam Power)

Will other water building be effected such as Water Pumps, Aqueducts and/or Baths/Pools?

Here is a list of buildings in the Water Mod.

Water Mod
- Aqueduct
- Artesian Well
- Bath House
- Cistern
- Department of Water
- Desalination Plant
- Fire Airport
- Fire Hydrants
- Hand Water Pump
- Irrigation Cannals
- Reservoir
- Sewer System
- Town Well
- Water Pipes
- Water Pumping Station
- Water Tower
- Water Treatment Plant
- Wind Water Pump

This covers most water related buildings. Except like the Public Pool.

It is caused by water contamination so I was thinking that population increase would directly increase the chance of contamination. Wells would reduce the chance and cisterns more so. Aqueduct and Pipes would also reduce it.

So probably
if no well (or upgrade) and pop > 6 the chance = 10*Population.
If well (or upgrade) but no Cistern (or upgrade) normal chance unless population > 20 then 10% per pop over this.
Aqueduct (or Pipes) and Sewer System would have a big effect eg halving the chance. having one or other would only reduce the chance by a third.
Water Treatment Plant and sewer System would make the city immune or nearly so.​

It is caused by water contamination so I was thinking that population increase would directly increase the chance of contamination. Wells would reduce the chance and cisterns more so. Aqueduct and Pipes would also reduce it.

So probably
If well (or upgrade) but no Cistern (or upgrade) normal chance unless population > 20 then 10% per pop over this.
Aqueduct (or Pipes) and Sewer System would have a big effect eg halving the chance. having one or other would only reduce the chance by a third.
Water Treatment Plant and sewer System would make the city immune or nearly so.​

How would you describe this in terms of tags? I strongly suspect it beaks the assumption of linearity of effect in property evaluation and hence could not be handled by the AI also as things stand.

How would you describe this in terms of tags? I strongly suspect it beaks the assumption of linearity of effect in property evaluation and hence could not be handled by the AI also as things stand.

No tags, it is an event based on (un)healthiness and population. All the buildings discussed already increase health. All the AI needs to know is unhealthiness is bad. Which it should do since it is a Civ IV concept.

So probably

Cool. Thanks for explaining. :goodjob:

No tags, it is an event based on (un)healthiness and population. All the buildings discussed already increase health. All the AI needs to know is unhealthiness is bad. Which it should do since it is a Civ IV concept.

Ok, that should be ok then, though even here the is an element of the linearity issue. If there was a massive knee in the impact curve for unhealthiness that resulted from this (or from anything else) the ai would not be conscious of it. So if 101 is MUCH worse than 99 (say) it causes problems. If its a smooth curve (event probability is based on unhealth rathe than just that it only triggers at any value above a certain amount) it would be fine.

Ok, that should be ok then, though even here the is an element of the linearity issue. If there was a massive knee in the impact curve for unhealthiness that resulted from this (or from anything else) the ai would not be conscious of it. So if 101 is MUCH worse than 99 (say) it causes problems. If its a smooth curve (event probability is based on unhealth rathe than just that it only triggers at any value above a certain amount) it would be fine.

I am sorry, I don't get what you are saying, at all. Does the ai know how to avoid the current BtS plague type events? What I am suggesting is that instead of completely random there be a reason behind the plague type events, starting with Cholera. It is a totally different mechanism to the current disease system because it is not like those. Just as malaria, if I ever finish it, is a different mechanism.

I am sorry, I don't get what you are saying, at all. Does the ai know how to avoid the current BtS plague type events? What I am suggesting is that instead of completely random there be a reason behind the plague type events, starting with Cholera. It is a totally different mechanism to the current disease system because it is not like those. Just as malaria, if I ever finish it, is a different mechanism.

No, but either do the human exactly because they are completely random. Once they cease to be random, but not fit into the arena that the AI can predict, yet the human can (such as a a binary 'over 15 unhealth' say) it switches from a level playing field to a human advantage. While to random it doesn't matter. Once it becomes predictable in some manner not reflected by the ai model it does. If we were to add tags that clued the ai in on significant levels of properties (in the wides sense here, so including things like unhealth) that could resolve it of course. Alternatively, provided it was all done through events, and those events did not involve python, it would (in principal) be possible for the ai to assess all the event triggers and all the possible events, and calculate the effect (but that would be a lot of work)

I would include them all in Caveman2Cosmos for ultra realism. This are the most common in history. We won't need anything else, since infectious diseases not listed here are too rare.

http://www.buzzle.com/articles/list-of-common-infectious-diseases.html#fungal-infectious-diseases
Drafted herein is an article that lists the most common infectious diseases. This list has been compiled alphabetically to further the cause of convenient readability. The causative agents, too, have been mentioned along with the disease. There are a number of diseases mentioned in this list, deemed endemic in regions, where thorough medical aid and amenities are scarce. They may, even be unavailable. Besides, certain infections have no preventive vaccines, while for some, vaccines are being processed. However, in most countries, AIDS, Tuberculosis, and Malaria are the three maladies responsible for an increase in mortality rates.

Bacterial Infectious Diseases
&#9755; Anthrax: multiplication of Bacillus anthracis in the body.
&#9755; Bacterial meningitis: inflammation of the protective membranes of the central nervous system, due to Neisseria meningitidis or Streptococcus pneumoniae.
&#9755; Botulism: blockage of nerve function and respiratory, as well as musculoskeletal paralysis due to toxins from Clostridium botulinum.
&#9755; Brucellosis: entrance of Brucella spp. bacteria by direct contact or untreated/contaminated milk of animals.
&#9755; Campylobacteriosis: an inflammatory and at times bloody diarrhea or dysentery caused by Campylobacter jejuni.
&#9755; Cat scratch disease: also regarded as cat scratch fever, Teeny's Disease, or Subacute regional lymphadenitis is known to have been caused by the bacteria Bartonella henselae. Symptoms start to show between 7 to 14 days or 2 months post a cat scratch; tender regional lymphadenopathy, slight fever, headache, chills, malaise, abdominal pain, backache, convulsions or sterile suppurative papules at the site of inoculation occur.
&#9755; Cholera: transmission of Vibrio cholerae by ingestion of contaminated food or water causes diarrhea.
&#9755; Diphtheria: upper respiratory tract infection of Corynebacterium diphtheriae, and is characterized by sore throat, low-grade fever, and an adherent layer on the tonsils, nasal cavity, pharynx.
&#9755; Epidemic Typhus: caused by louse-borne bacteria called Rickettsia prowazekii
&#9755; Gonorrhea: common sexually transmitted disease caused by Neisseria gonorrhoeae.
&#9755; Impetigo: superficial skin infection that is caused by Staphylococcus aureus or Streptococcus pyogenes, and is common in the age group of 2 to 6.
&#9755; Kawasaki disease: also known as lymph node syndrome, an autoimmune disease of unclear etiology, and has been associated with infections as well as certain genetic and environmental factors. It affects medium-sized blood vessels, and is marked by a tendency for the blood vessels to abnormally swell up.
&#9755; Legionellosis: pneumonia or acute influenza-like respiratory illness caused by Legionella spp.
&#9755; Leprosy (Hansen's disease): granulomatous disease of the peripheral nerves and mucosa of the upper respiratory tract due to Mycobacterium leprae.
&#9755; Leptospirosis: biphasic disease with meningitis, liver damage and renal failure due to Leptospira spp.
&#9755; Listeriosis: Listeria monocytogenes infection that occurs in newborns, the elderly, and immunocompromised patients.
&#9755; Lyme disease: caused by bacteria from genus Borrelia, and characterized by rash and flu symptoms followed by musculoskeletal, psychiatric, neurologic, arthritic, and cardiac manifestations.
&#9755; Melioidosis: caused by Burkholderia pseudomallei, which is found in soil and water.
&#9755; MRSA infection: Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus infection characterized by rapid weight loss and muscle depletion,
&#9755; Nocardiosis: Nocardia asteroides or N. brasiliensis affects either the lungs or the entire body.
&#9755; Pertussis (Whooping cough): Bordetella pertussis infection resulting in severe hacking cough followed by palpitations.
&#9755; Plague: occurs when a person is bitten by a flea infected with Yersinia pestis.
&#9755; Pneumococcal pneumonia: Streptococcus pneumoniae infection of the lungs and respiratory system, where the alveoli are inflamed and filled with fluid.
&#9755; Psittacosis: arises when the bacteria Chlamydophila psittaci is contracted from parrots, pigeons, hens, ducks, sparrows, and seagulls.
&#9755; Q fever: due to inhalation of contaminated particles in the air or contact with the vaginal mucus, milk, feces, semen, and urine of animals infected with Coxiella burnetii.
&#9755; Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever: severe rickettsial illness caused by ticks infected with Rickettsia rickettsii
&#9755; Salmonellosis: Salmonella infection that causes typhoid fever, paratyphoid fever, and food-borne illness.
&#9755; Scarlet fever: infection may occur through bloodstream, or skin and underlying tissues.
&#9755; Shigellosis: dysentery due to poor hygiene leading to infection by Shigella spp.
&#9755; Syphilis: sexually transmitted disease caused by the bacterium Treponema pallidum
&#9755; Tetanus: prolonged contraction of skeletal muscle fibers due to infection of Clostridium tetani
&#9755; Trachoma: Chlamydia trachomatis infection of human eye, probably leading to blindness.
&#9755; Tuberculosis: Mycobacterium tuberculosis infection that generally attacks the lungs, but may affect central nervous system, circulatory system, lymphatic system, bones, joints, genitourinary system, and skin.
&#9755; Tularemia: characterized by an infection of Francisella tularensis bacteria leading to headache, fatigue, muscle pains, dizziness, nausea, loss of appetite, inflammation of face and eyes, and lymph nodes.
&#9755; Typhoid fever: due to ingestion of food or water contaminated with the bacterium Salmonella enterica enterica.
&#9755; Typhus: infection by bacteria of genus Rickettsia leading to severe headache, sustained high fever, severe muscle pain, rash, cough, chills, stupor, decreasing blood pressure, and delirium.
&#9755; Urinary tract infections: cystitis or pyelonephritis that arises due to Escherichia coli or Staphylococcus saprophyticus.
]

Fungal Infectious Diseases
&#9755; Aspergillosis: infection with fungi of the genus Aspergillus leading to allergic bronchopulmonary aspergillosis, pulmonary aspergilloma, or invasive aspergillosis.
&#9755; Blastomycosis: inhalation of fungus called Blastomyces dermatitidis from the natural soil habitat.
&#9755; Candidiasis: Candida albicans infection found in exposed and moist parts of the body, like the vagina, vulva, penis, foreskin, nostrils, ear, oral cavity, nipples, folds of skin in diaper area.
&#9755; Coccidioidomycosis: caused by inhalation of airborne, fungal spores called arthroconidia belonging to the fungi Coccidioides immitis or C. posadasii.
&#9755; Cryptococcosis: caused by inhalation of soil contaminated with the encapsulated yeast Cryptococcus neoformans or C. gattii.
&#9755; Histoplasmosis: Histoplasma capsulatum infection that primarily affects the lungs.
&#9755; Tinea pedis: infection due to fungi of the genus Trichophyton that affects the epidermis of the foot.

Parasitic Infectious diseases
&#9755; African trypanosomiasis: caused by the protozoa called Trypanosoma brucei which is transmitted by the tsetse fly. Symptoms are fever, headaches, and joint pains.
&#9755; Amebiasis: due to ingestion of water, or food contaminated with cysts of amoeba or Entamoeba histolytica.
&#9755; Ascariasis: due to ingestion of food contaminated with fecal matter containing eggs of the parasitic roundworm called Ascaris lumbricoides.
&#9755; Babesiosis: caused by blood parasites belonging to the genus Babesia, and is generally transmitted by ticks.
&#9755; Chagas disease: Trypanosoma cruzi infection transmitted to humans by blood-sucking assassin bugs.
&#9755; Clonorchiasis: caused by the Chinese liver fluke termed Clonorchis sinensis.
&#9755; Cryptosporidiosis: caused by contaminated material, like earth, water, uncooked or cross-contaminated food in contact with the feces of a person or animal infected with parasites of the genus Cryptosporidium.
&#9755; Cysticercosis: caused by larvae of tapeworm called Taenia solium, generally found in pork.
&#9755; Diphyllobothriasis: characterized by abdominal discomfort, vomiting, weight loss, and diarrhea due to ingestion of parasites belonging to the genus Diphyllobothrium.
&#9755; Dracunculiasis: caused by drinking water, infected with guinea worms or Dracunculus medinensis.
&#9755; Echinococcosis: fatal disease due to infection by larvae of tapeworms belonging to the genus Echinococcus.
&#9755; Enterobiasis: infection due to pinworm or Enterobius vermicularis leading to poor appetite, restless sleep, and itching of the anus.
&#9755; Fascioliasis: caused by liver flukes called Fasciola hepatica and F. gigantica.
&#9755; Fasciolopsiasis: caused due to raw consumption of aquatic plants infected with intestinal fluke called Fasciolopsis buski or by consuming infected water.
&#9755; Filariasis: caused by roundworms belonging to the superfamily Filarioidea, which are transmitted by mosquitoes or deer fly.
&#9755; Free-living amebic infection: caused by Naegleria fowleri and Acanthamoeba spp. found in lakes, tap water, swimming pools, and air-conditioning units.
&#9755; Giardiasis: gastroenteritis that starts in the small intestine due to infection by the protozoa Giardia lamblia.
&#9755; Gnathostomiasis: due to migrating immature worms called Gnathostoma spinigerum and/or G. hispidum.
&#9755; Hymenolepiasis: caused by Hymenolepis nana or H. diminuta.
&#9755; Isosporiasis: Intestinal infection with Isospora belli leading to diarrhea and weight loss. It is sometimes linked with AIDS and immunocompromised states.
&#9755; Leishmaniasis: transmitted by certain varieties of sand fly infected with protozoa of genus Leishmania.
&#9755; Malaria: transmitted by female Anopheles mosquitoes infected with the blood parasites of genus Plasmodium.
&#9755; Metagonimiasis: infection by intestinal flatworm, mainly Metagonimus yokagawai leading to symptoms like diarrhea and colicky abdominal pain.
&#9755; Myiasis: caused by fly larvae feeding on the host's necrotic or living tissue.
&#9755; Onchocerciasis: the second leading infectious cause of blindness, with the infectious agent being Onchocerca volvulus.
&#9755; Pediculosis: infestation of lice, members of the order Phthiraptera, on the human body.
&#9755; Scabies: characterized by superficial burrows and intense itching due to skin infection with mites belonging to the genus Sarcoptes.
&#9755; Schistosomiasis: due to infection of the blood with Schistosoma spp. leading to weakness, liver and intestinal damage.
&#9755; Taeniasis: infection involving pork and beef tapeworms of the genus Taenia.
&#9755; Toxocariasis: caused by ingestion of dog or cat roundworms called Toxocara canis and T. cati respectively.
&#9755; Toxoplasmosis: due to ingestion of raw or partly cooked meat, contaminated cat feces, drinking water containing Toxoplasma gondii, transplacental infection in utero, infected organ transplant or blood transfusion.
&#9755; Trichinellosis: caused by eating raw or undercooked pork, and wild game products infected with the larvae of roundworm called Trichinella spiralis.
&#9755; Trichuriasis: infection of the large intestine by a parasite whipworm or Trichuris trichiura.
&#9755; Trichomoniasis: sexually transmitted disease caused by Trichomonas vaginalis that infects the genitourinary tract.
&#9755; Trypanosomiasis: caused by parasitic protozoan trypanosoma of the genus Trypanosoma.

Prion Infectious Diseases
&#9755; Alpers' syndrome: a progressive degenerative disease of the central nervous system.
&#9755; Bovine spongiform encephalopathy (BSE): a fatal, neurodegenerative disease of cattle that is transmitted to human beings, who eat infected carcasses.
&#9755; Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease: rare and incurable degenerative neurological disorder (brain disease), and is also called as the human form of BSE.
&#9755; Fatal familial insomnia: rare autosomal dominant inherited brain disease characterized by insomnia, hallucinations and delirium.
&#9755; Kuru: characterized by headaches, joint pains, and shaking of the limbs. Affects the brain and is fatal.
&#9755; Transmissible spongiform encephalopathy: a group of progressive conditions that affect the brain and nervous system.

Viral Infectious Diseases
&#9755; AIDS: specific damage to the immune system caused by human immunodeficiency virus (HIV).
&#9755; Bolivian hemorrhagic fever: also known as Ordog fever, the culprit virus being Machupo virus. Fever, body ache, malaise are the primary symptoms. Nosebleeds and sore gums are also observed, however, only, when the condition is not checked on time.
&#9755; Chickenpox (Varicella): caused by varicella-zoster virus (VZV) leading to appearance of spots, mainly on the body and head.
&#9755; Common cold: disease of the upper respiratory system that arises due to rhinovirus, influenza viruses, picornavirus, adenoviruses, etc. It is also called acute viral nasopharyngitis.
&#9755; Cytomegalovirus infection: generally concerning salivary glands, though may be found anywhere in the body.
&#9755; Colorado tick fever: transmitted from the bite of a wood tic infected with the Colorado tick fever virus (CTFV).
&#9755; Dengue fever: transmitted by Aedes aegypti mosquito infected with the dengue virus.
&#9755; Ebola hemorrhagic fever: caused by ebola viruses that lead to diarrhea, internal and external bleeding, fever, general body pain, and vomiting.
&#9755; Hand, foot, and mouth disease: common cause is Coxsackie A virus, which usually affects infants and children.
&#9755; Viral hepatitis: characterized by liver inflammation arising due to viruses belonging several families of viruses including hepadnaviridae, hepeviridae, adenoviridae, etc.
&#9755; Herpes simplex: caused by viruses of the family herpesviridae, and characterized by itching, swelling, emission of fluid from swelling, headache, fatigue, and overall gloomy mental state.
&#9755; Herpes zoster: varicella zoster virus (VZV) infection that persists and affects the nervous system with or without appearance of rash on the skin.
&#9755; Human papillomavirus (HPV) infections: sexually transmitted viral infections of skin and mucous membranes that arise due to HPV, and are often associated with cervical cancer.
&#9755; Influenza (Flu): caused by influenza viruses that belong to the family Orthomyxoviridae, and characterized by sore throat, fever, headache, muscle pains, weakness, coughing, and discomfort.
&#9755; Lassa fever: initially mucosa, intestine, lungs, urinary systems are affected due to the Lassa virus. The vascular system, then is affected with the condition metastasizing to every tissue in the body.
&#9755; Measles: is spread through respiration and is highly contagious disease caused by measles virus that belongs to Morbillivirus family of viruses.
&#9755; Marburg hemorrhagic fever: caused by Marburg virus which is transmitted though bodily fluids, like saliva, vomit, blood, and excrement.
&#9755; Infectious mononucleosis: common in adolescents and young adults, characterized by fever, muscle soreness, sore throat, and fatigue owing to an infection with Epstein-Barr virus (EBV).
&#9755; Mumps: characterized by painful swelling of the salivary glands and fever due to the mumps virus belonging to genus Rubulavirus. Testicular swelling and rash may also occur.
&#9755; Poliomyelitis: spread from one person to other due to transmission of poliovirus via the fecal-oral route, e.g., poor hand washing.
&#9755; Progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy: occurs exclusively in people with severe immune deficiency, due to infection by a polyomavirus called the JC virus (JCV).
&#9755; Rabies: transmission of rabies virus through bites, aerosol, mucous membranes, transplant surgery, etc. leads to acute encephalitis and flu-like symptoms.
&#9755; Rubella: also called as German measles, it is caused by rubella virus that enters the body via nose or throat.
&#9755; Severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS): characterized by fever, lethargy, myalgia, cough, sore throat, and gastrointestinal symptoms arising due to SARS coronavirus.
&#9755; Smallpox (Variola): caused by Variola major and Variola minor, this viral disease has been eradicated globally by 1980. It is characterized by skin scars and occasionally blindness due to corneal ulcerations and infertility in male survivors.
&#9755; Viral encephalitis: an acute inflammation of the brain resulting due infection with viruses, namely arboviruses, herpes simplex virus, rabies virus, Japanese encephalitis virus (JEV), etc.
&#9755; Viral gastroenteritis: a rotavirus infection that grips children, especially of the developing countries. Vomiting, chill, diarrhea, and stomach cramps are some of the prominent indicants.
&#9755; Viral meningitis: inflammation of the protective membranes covering the nervous system due to an infection with herpes simplex virus, enteroviruses, cytomegalovirus, HIV, mumps virus, etc.
&#9755; Viral pneumonia: an illness of the lungs and respiratory system caused by influenza virus A and B, adenoviruses, herpes simplex virus, VZV, etc.
&#9755; West Nile disease: caused by the West Nile virus (WNV), and transmitted through the bite of an infected mosquito.
&#9755; Yellow fever: viral hemorrhagic illness arising due to yellow fever virus, and is common in many African and South American nations.

For Simpicity I would make The Spread like this:

Spread
- Very Slow (Heart Disease, Food Poisoning, Diabetes, Malnutrition, Stroke, Cancer etc)
- Slow (Fungal)
- Medium (Parasitic)
- Fast (Bacteria)
- Very Fast (Prion, Viral)
-Super Fast (Biological Warfare)
-Ultra Fast (Prototyped Pathogens (Genetic))
-Extremely Fast (Dystopian Pathogens (Nanobots)
-Tremendously Fast (Apocalyptic Pathogens (Nanites)
-Astronomically Fast (Extraterrestrial )

This is also the Spread Rate in Pandemic 2.

1. Non-Infectious Diseases
    1. Food Poisoning
  2. Heart Disease
  3. Diabetes
  4. Malnutrition
  5. Stroke
  6. Cancer
  7. Arthritis
  8. Osteoporosis
  9. Atherosclerosis
  10. Hypertension
  11. Parkinson's Disease
  12. Asthma
  13. Scurvy
  14. Fibromyalgia
  15. Narcolepsy
    Bacterial Infectious Diseases
  16. Anthrax
  17. Bacterial meningitis
  18. Botulism
  19. Brucellosis
  20. Campylobacteriosis
  21. Cat scratch disease
  22. Cholera
  23. Diphtheria
  24. Epidemic Typhus
  25. Gonorrhea
  26. Impetigo
  27. Kawasaki disease
  28. Legionellosis
  29. Leprosy
  30. Leptospirosis
  31. Listeriosis
  32. Lyme disease
  33. Melioidosis
  34. MRSA infection
  35. Nocardiosis
  36. Whooping cough
  37. Plague
  38. Pneumococcal pneumonia
  39. Psittacosis
  40. Q fever
  41. Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever
  42. Scarlet fever
  43. Shigellosis
  44. Syphilis
  45. Tetanus
  46. Trachoma
  47. Tuberculosis
  48. Tularemia
  49. Typhoid fever
  50. Typhus
  51. Urinary tract infections
    Fungal Infectious Diseases
  52. Aspergillosis
  53. Blastomycosis
  54. Candidiasis
  55. Coccidioidomycosis
  56. Cryptococcosis
  57. Histoplasmosis
  58. Tinea pedis
    Parasitic Infectious diseases
  59. African trypanosomiasis
  60. Amebiasis
  61. Ascariasis
  62. Babesiosis
  63. Chagas disease
  64. Clonorchiasis
  65. Cryptosporidiosis
  66. Cysticercosis
  67. Diphyllobothriasis
  68. Dracunculiasis
  69. Echinococcosis
  70. Enterobiasis
  71. Fascioliasis
  72. Fasciolopsiasis
  73. Filariasis
  74. Free-living amebic infection
  75. Giardiasis
  76. Gnathostomiasis
  77. Hymenolepiasis
  78. Isosporiasis
  79. Leishmaniasis
  80. Malaria
  81. Metagonimiasis
  82. Myiasis
  83. Onchocerciasis
  84. Pediculosis
  85. Scabies
  86. Schistosomiasis
  87. Taeniasis
  88. Toxocariasis
  89. Toxoplasmosis
  90. Trichinellosis
  91. Trichuriasis
  92. Trichomoniasis
  93. Trypanosomiasis
    Prion Infectious Diseases
  94. Alpers' syndrome
  95. Bovine spongiform encephalopathy (BSE)
  96. Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease
  97. Fatal familial insomnia
  98. Kuru
  99. Transmissible spongiform encephalopathy
    Viral Infectious Diseases
  100. AIDS
  101. Bolivian hemorrhagic fever
  102. Chickenpox (Varicella)
  103. Common cold
  104. Cytomegalovirus infection
  105. Colorado tick fever
  106. Dengue fever
  107. Ebola hemorrhagic fever
  108. Hand, foot, and mouth disease
  109. Viral hepatitis
  110. Herpes simplex
  111. Herpes zoster
  112. Human papillomavirus (HPV) infections
  113. Influenza (Flu)
  114. Lassa fever
  115. Measles
  116. Marburg hemorrhagic fever
  117. Infectious mononucleosis
  118. Mumps
  119. Polio (Poliomyelitis)
  120. Progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy
  121. Rabies
  122. Rubella
  123. Severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS)
  124. Smallpox (Variola)
  125. Viral encephalitis
  126. Viral gastroenteritis
  127. Viral meningitis
  128. Viral pneumonia
  129. Yellow fever

Top Bottom