C3C PBEM - "The Cold War Deluxe; 1960 - 1989" Scenario

I want south africa.

BTW: Maybe Turkey should go to the Middle East. I don't think they were part of the EU until very recently (plus they had political tension with Greece up to and in the very early stages of this scenario, so it doesn't make sense to make them the same civ), and the Middle East could probably use a bit more land.

I guess we are gonna have to compromise. Maybe El Justo should pick who gets what. You gotta love random mossity.

Or we get another table running El if you get a table that has a country that no one wants I will take it along with the civ I orig req

I was just wondering. If this is a scenario based on the domino theory, the theory is that if South Vietnam falls to the communists, then Laos, Cambodia,Thailand and eventually Burma would all come under communist control. In other words these events would occur AFTER S. Vietnam Fell, ergo, after 1975? Would this not mean that the game COULD go on much later than 1976?

The Domino Theory:
If Communists succeeded in Indochina (with Soviet aid counteracting the American aid given to their opponents), Eisenhower argued, they would then successively take over Burma, Thailand, and Indonesia. This would give them a geographically strategic advantage, from which they would be able to win in Japan, Formosa, the Philippines, Australia, and New Zealand.
If this is the premiss for this scenario, Then the scenario could certainly go on well after 1976, since the theory doesn't apply until AFTER the Fall of S. Vietnam.

krazydude said:
i already asked for cuba but i don't know if you saw that post

i mean, south america, as it includes cuba :p
Was this to me? I said South Africa .

I was thinking since Klyden made this new map, I should just import the whole Data file such as the unit info and all of that crap to the random map. That way some of the civs wont be out gunned. Like Canada, Iran, and maybe China.

Yes we should go with what we have :)

Drivebymaster said:
I was thinking since Klyden made this new map, I should just import the whole Data file such as the unit info and all of that crap to the random map. That way some of the civs wont be out gunned. Like Canada, Iran, and maybe China.

Yes we should go with what we have :)
no, no, no...that would throw everything out of whack. i'd leave the unit availibility as is and maybe play w/ the shield costs a little in order to give the lesser civs a numerical advantage.

technological advantages are what they are (for TCW of course)...

Top Bottom