C3C PBEM - "The Cold War Deluxe; 1960 - 1989" Scenario

Chuck2280,

right now, i'm leaning towards not making VC invisible simply b/c, well, the invisible flag is very, very powerful (sneaky really); especially in large no.'s. however, i have given them the 'all terrain as roads' flag so that they can scoot off ahead of their enemies.

i do have 1 invisible unit for the commies: a "Sapper" unit
it'll have really low A/D no.'s, hight mvmt and/or ATR, be flagged as invisible and have the 'pillage' ability. they'll operate very much like "Spy" units in TCW. these are the only units in the game that have the 'pillage' function.

krazydude said:
yeap! it looks good to me! the peasants look really nice :)

hehehe rice paddys must be great hehehe

are you considering to have locked alliances except for north vs south?

it would be odd to see china attacking nv, or laos against thai if you know what i mean ;)

this should be great, in both single and mp!
re the Peasant
i wanted to have a cheap defende-type unit and the idea crossed my mind to make a hybrid unit out of them. i just love the straw hat!

Rice Paddies are essentially 'Marsh' terrain. i altered the stats a little so disease isn't present and i also boosted its production and food bonuses a little.

re locked alliances:
yes, there will be! SV, Camb, Loas and Thai are all going to have to be together for logistical purposes. PL, KR, and NV are going to be together and china will be alone. vietnam and china aren't the warmest of friends...

UPDATE Feb 17, 2005

well, i experienced some problems adding in the T-28 Trainer (single prop fighter/lt GA aircraft)gfx. it seems that the game crashed b/c there was no default flc in the unit folder :confused: i subbed in the A1 Skyraider default flc in (very similar looking w/ paint job, fuselage, etc) and it worked!

you'll see 2 of them parked outside Hue. ignore the city build que. m60s won't be available. i haven't assigned units to civs in the editor yet outside of foot units.

below is a shot of the ACH-47 Chinook heli...i tried getting the screen shot while it was airdropping the CIA Operative but it is always delayed in the snap shot!

Attachments

• TCWTDTChinook.JPG
    TCWTDTChinook.JPG
    246.2 KB · Views: 153
We should also set up some type of chat room. where we meet regularly or just get online whenever. I am thinking anytime just log onto your name and some people should be there if we all can agree to that.

I have a .net passport which allows you to use windows messsenger for all those who didn't know and it can be used for MSN messenger.

My e-mail is widereceivernumber89@yahoo.com which is my log on name so just add me and I should be on.

El Justo said:
Chuck2280,

right now, i'm leaning towards not making VC invisible simply b/c, well, the invisible flag is very, very powerful (sneaky really); especially in large no.'s. however, i have given them the 'all terrain as roads' flag so that they can scoot off ahead of their enemies.

Given the accounts I have read about the VC and there ability to blend into the general Vietnamese population and their proclivity toward attacking from an ambush, I just thought that I'd toss out the suggestion and see what you thought of it.
Given the screenshots and everything I have read so far, I will be very much looking forward to this scenario with or without invisible VC!
I have one question though, will this be playable only as an MP scenario or will there be a single player version released?

Chuck2280 said:
I have one question though, will this be playable only as an MP scenario or will there be a single player version released?
the thing w/ this scenario will be that each and every civ (8 altogether) ought to be playable. so, yeah, it'll be perfect for MP and very fun (and balanced) in single player mode as well.

the ATR flag for the VC will give them a tremndous advantage as far as mvmt is concerned; especially w/ the "ignore terrain penalty cost" checked for each kind of terrain.

also, i guess i'll announce that we're taking spots for Klyden's MP version of TCW. it's an 8 civ (merged/condensed civs) version and its description, etc can be found here:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=2560745&postcount=522

i'm figuring that those who expressed an initial interest in this thread ought to have first crack at filling the 8 spots. at the moment, Klyden, Driveby and myself are in and there's a few others who wanted in so now's the time fellas! speak up or you'll have to wait until the next version!

krazydude said:
and meeee :pP don't forget meeee

:)

i don't mind the civ i get, but i have hope to command vc's against the capitalist pigs! hahahaha :)
heh...that's 5 spots filled w/ 3 left.

who's going to 'host' the PBEM? i have no idea how it works but would be more than happy to learn how...

Top Bottom