Chronicles of Mankind

Thanks very much - that solved it!

On another note - I am trying to found Christianity, have a Great Prophet but cant seem to figure out what I need to do to found a Prophetic religion?

Just bring it into one of your cities and use it to build 'Found Christianity' . But to build that, you need a tech too - I don't remember the correct tech but you can check it in the pedia.

Is it normal for the mega civ pack civs to always start the game with oligarchy? I know it's not really not 100% compatible, but i thought it would just throw some harmless xml errors at the start. I'm using 1.8.5 of the civ pack.

Attachments

• Oligarchy-1.png
    Oligarchy-1.png
    532.5 KB · Views: 62
  • Oligarchy-2.png
    Oligarchy-2.png
    2 MB · Views: 66
I remember AND having an issue with AI, and since CoM is a derivative I was wondering if it is fixed?
Depends on what you mean about AI issues.
Does the AI present a reasonable challenge based on map, settings, and difficulty, answer is yes.
Is the AI capable of surprising you? Also a yep. Especially with coordinated amphib ops, and good use of combined arms tactics. It gets more interesting if you play into late game eras.
Other than a few quirks I've asked about in earlier posts, IMO, this is a worthy successor to AND and RAND 2.

Hello everyone. Could You help me to erease pink/purple shadows on the map? They regulary accur after about 250 turns, I dont,n know if it is any kind of bug or self-acting changes in options. I can't find any solution.

Attachments

• coman.PNG
    coman.PNG
    3.1 MB · Views: 35
Just downloaded, and installed the game. I extracted the mod into the correct path I think (Sid Meyer's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword/Beyond the sword/mods), and then were confused about where to extract the patch, but decided to extract it into the new Chronicles of Mankind folder.

I have a steam version and has set it to the unsupported original release version, as directed.

When I try to load up the mod, I get about 40 XML errors. I seem to be able to play the mod regardless, but all those errors must mean that something is wrong. Help?

Edit: I am not using a mega pack or anything else, just the mod and the patch.

Edit 2: So I downloaded the megapack 3.1 and used the patch for megapack 3.1 (thinking that this is the intended way to play) and there is still 43 xml error messages.

Edit 3: the modmaker that removes maps from the rewards of goody huts will earn my eternal respect.

Last edited:
Depends on what you mean about AI issues.
Does the AI present a reasonable challenge based on map, settings, and difficulty, answer is yes.
Is the AI capable of surprising you? Also a yep. Especially with coordinated amphib ops, and good use of combined arms tactics. It gets more interesting if you play into late game eras.
Other than a few quirks I've asked about in earlier posts, IMO, this is a worthy successor to AND and RAND 2.
I meant the issues inherited from AND AI that was broken some time ago.Is there any improvement?

Edit 3: the modmaker that removes maps from the rewards of goody huts will earn my eternal respect.
You can do that by yourself in \Assets\XML\GameInfo\CIV4HandicapInfo.xml, look for <GoodyType>GOODY_MAP</GoodyType>
I extracted the mod into the correct path I think (Sid Meyer's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword/Beyond the sword/mods)
Can be too deep as Steam folders tend to be, try to move Steamapps folder to root of one of your drives. Anyway, Ctrl+V here a screenshot of mod's folder with path shown.

I meant the issues inherited from AND AI that was broken some time ago.Is there any improvement?
Yup, oodles and lots of improvements. Give it a whirl :D
My only wish list is that HRW would get the fixes it needs to make it comparable to this mod..

Depends on which part you consider broken. Nexus doesn't work with DLL and AI is coded there.
Yup, oodles and lots of improvements. Give it a whirl :D
Dude, what even was changed except for war declaration weights? New features like capturing animals only made it worse, because there is no AI for it at all.

First, sorry for the late reply :blush:

Just downloaded, and installed the game. I extracted the mod into the correct path I think (Sid Meyer's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword/Beyond the sword/mods), and then were confused about where to extract the patch, but decided to extract it into the new Chronicles of Mankind folder.
When installing the patch, did it ask if you wanted to overwrite the existing files?

I really need to work more on the mod :blush:

Hello everyone. Could You help me to erease pink/purple shadows on the map? They regulary accur after about 250 turns, I dont,n know if it is any kind of bug or self-acting changes in options. I can't find any solution.
;)

My only wish list is that HRW would get the fixes it needs to make it comparable to this mod..
Do you mean that HRW is superior in AI? Or some features?
I'm just curious what you mean. I'm always looking for ideas and stuff to borrow from other mods.

Depends on which part you consider broken. Nexus doesn't work with DLL and AI is coded there.
That's true though... now I can recompile the dll and alter small things :bump:

Dude, what even was changed except for war declaration weights?
Well... AFAIK AND2 AI is not aware of 2/3 of its military. I think that's a big thing.
I don't recall the other improvements that Inthegrave mentioned. I could dig up our 10+ pages PMs if I really wanted...

New features like capturing animals only made it worse, because there is no AI for it at all.
Okay, let's try to identify what the problem with capturing animals is and try to find a solution, okay? Maybe we can find a workaround that the AI understands already :)

Well... AFAIK AND2 AI is not aware of 2/3 of its military. I think that's a big thing.
I only played 2.92 regularly, so wouldn't notice this shift. It sure is big if true.
Okay, let's try to identify what the problem with capturing animals is and try to find a solution, okay?
I don't think it's worth bothering with, just make animals optional. I was just bickering. It's already kinda covered by difficulty discounts, which is most of the reason it bothers me - it's an extra chore for players and shi1ty algorithm dummies (not AIs) just cut corners. It's an unhealthy minigame, it already was even in C2C where dummies are properly designed.

I don't think it's worth bothering with, just make animals optional
I can probably do that.

It's already kinda covered by difficulty discounts, which is most of the reason it bothers me - it's an extra chore for players and shi1ty algorithm dummies (not AIs) just cut corners. It's an unhealthy minigame, it already was even in C2C where dummies are properly designed.
Well, I know that the AI is not good at hunting and probably not so good at using captured animal either.
So I was thinking about some "cheat solutions" so the AI would not fall behind just because the human player knows how to hunt.
For example
  • AI (almost) always wins against animals
  • AI (almost) always captures animals and teleport back to nearest city

Top Bottom