Resource icon

Civ VI - Common Acronyms and Terms

Browd

Dilettante
Administrator
Browd submitted a new resource:

Civ VI - Common Acronyms and Terms - Civ VI - Common Acronyms and Terms

With the release of the game, there will be many new members and guests visiting this site who may, from time to time, get confused by some of the acronyms and other terms that CivFanatics sling around so casually. So, as a public service, below is a compilation of acronyms and terms that have appeared repeatedly on these forums (both for previous Civ versions and in the run-up to release of Civ VI), translated into Civ VI terms to the extent possible.

This is a work in progress. Please...

Read more about this resource...

Last edited:
I like it! Let's see if it takes off before adding to the list, but I do like it.

Since Culture is now comparable to science in that it allows you to proceed through the Civics tree, TheMarshmallowBear and I thought there should be a term for the units of culture like beakers is to science. We propose Scrolls.
Scrolls are boring. It should be Elvises !

Just kidding, good idea.

Yeah, no. Use your words.

The next step is mimes, and the only option after that is the scorpion pit and an elderly bureaucrat using sarcasm at you.

Since Culture is now comparable to science in that it allows you to proceed through the Civics tree, TheMarshmallowBear and I thought there should be a term for the units of culture like beakers is to science. We propose Scrolls.
But... they're musical notes?

Yup! I like Scrolls.

Just to be a bit of a knob: it's only an acronym if you pronounce it as a word, like NASA. If you say each letter separately it's an initialism, like MI5.

Just to be a bit of a knob: it's only an acronym if you pronounce it as a word, like NASA. If you say each letter separately it's an initialism, like MI5.

Def knobbish...but good to know ;)

Actually these are abbreviations but guess what doesn't matter

This

Actually these are abbreviations but guess what doesn't matter

This

Some are just abbreviations, like barbs; others, like DoF are acronyms (or maybe they're not, I've not actually heard them spoken); most, like GPT are initialisms. Of course, acronyms and initialisms are types of abbreviation.

I dunno, "scrolls" sounds a bit passive. Why not "pens"?

The pen is mightier than the sword, after all. :p

Fpt can mean "Food per turn" as in almost every Civ version, including Civ VI, as well as "Faith per turn", which is more Civ VI specific.

Suggested addition: I've seen ED used for Entertainment District in these forums. (I suspect shorthands for other districts will come into common use, but I don't recall seeing them in use yet, other than IZ, which is already on the list.)

Top Bottom