Resource icon

Civ VI - Common Acronyms and Terms

It's under the "Districts and Buildings" header

Thanks, I assumed incorrectly that there was a single alphabetical list. I forgot that its a structured list that is alphetical in each sublist only.

For infrequent lookup, a single alphabetical list might be better. I had no clue what "IZ" meant, having a huge amount of Civ IV experience and having played only one Civ V game ever. Civ VI is thus almost completely new to me.

Last edited:
This list is a great idea. The only point I'd like to raise is that the "Rush" definition only talks about building things. I think it might be helpful to some people to add that it's also means unlocking and building a specific unit ASAP to attack an opponent.

The definition of Rush already included units (in fact, units are mentioned first): "Rush or Hurry = To buy a unit or building ...." But, "rush" does also have a secondary meaning, as in "rushing" an opponent with a specific kind of unit (e.g., a "crossbow rush," or a "Legion rush"). Definition revised to include that meaning as well.

Last edited:
@Browd - Do you wana add Tomy as short for Tomyris?

I don't know to be honest. I use it along with the other shortenings. If not many others do, no worries.

Correction:
"CB = Cassus Belli" is misspelled. It should read "CB = Casus Belli".

Omission:
CH = Commercial Hub

Suggestion:
"Cogs or Hammers" should read "Cogs, Hammers or Shields", to include the Civ I, II and III symbol.

Thank you for the list, very helpful!

Some of my proposals:
1. The district's name is 'Entertainment Complex', so EC would be more appropriate. Perhaps EntC?
2. Duct was used for Aqueduct in previous titles.
3. RND for Royal Navy Dockyard, MaH for Mausoleum at Halicarnassus.
4. G&R for Games and Recreation civic, O&B for Opera and Ballet.
5. I've not seen much use of abbreviation for Great People, maybe using GrGen, GrAdm, GrSci and such will be clearer.

Maybe you can add CdM for Catherine de Medici.

Also, there are already several people using Chandra or Chandy for Chandragupta Maurya.

Last edited:
I think CdM is the more common use for Catherine di Medici.
If I didn't know he was talking about France, I would have never known CdM=Cathy.
Can you add it into the list?

I didn't see xpac (expansion pack) in the list, yet I've seen that term used before.

I didn't see xpac (expansion pack) in the list, yet I've seen that term used before.

That's a general term though, not Civ VI specific.

GiaA = Ghandi is an ass

Top Bottom