Civ VI Funny/Strange Screenshots

They get those too from my recollection. The +6 food there for example is +3 base yield, +1 from lighthouse, and +2 from being breathtaking next to a Preserve with a Sanctuary.

It looks like Auckland is part of the equation in this screenshot. So Ha Long Bay gets base 1 production, +2 from sanctuary, and +3 from Auckland.

Beautifully sculpted coastal city, btw!

At least one city state that should be safe from conquerers !
Interestingly, it appears right away as being sieged (by mountains, but still).
But everything changed when the Inca attacked (or potentially anyone with mountain tunnels).

Speaking of the Inca, encouraged by the positive reception to my nice coastal city, I asked myself what would the opposite look like? It's only been 100 turns, so there is more to go with this one. BUT here is what I've got so far.

Less cluttered UI:

Yields:

Speaking of the Inca, encouraged by the positive reception to my nice coastal city, I asked myself what would the opposite look like? It's only been 100 turns, so there is more to go with this one. BUT here is what I've got so far.

Less cluttered UI:

Yields:

Beautiful, except for those cursed backwards yields on the one tile in the corner:

Edit: I just realized its everywhere :shifty:
upload_2021-4-19_11-43-41.png

Beautiful, except for those cursed backwards yields on the one tile in the corner:

Edit: I just realized its everywhere :shifty:
View attachment 594231

There's a reason I crop the pictures. However, I'm curious, did you also see Machu Picchu Mr. Eagle Eye? Building that thing on deity is a miracle. Like the ugly duckling and the swan, those hill tiles are going to become beautiful districts.

There's a reason I crop the pictures. However, I'm curious, did you also see Machu Picchu Mr. Eagle Eye? Building that thing on deity is a miracle. Like the ugly duckling and the swan, those hill tiles are going to become beautiful districts.

I see it, now that you point it out. This really couldn't be a better Inca game, could it?

Ironically, the Inca are imo. the civilization that gets the least benefit of Machu Picchu. Not only do you use an otherwise workable tile (unlike other civs), you also have to plant districts next to mountains where you'd rather place your terrace farms.

Ironically, the Inca are imo. the civilization that gets the least benefit of Machu Picchu. Not only do you use an otherwise workable tile (unlike other civs), you also have to plant districts next to mountains where you'd rather place your terrace farms.

That always bugged me about them, but with Campus. Tall city like that with multitude of Food and Prod, isolationist even, would fit nicely for Science game to me but every prime Campus spot sounds like good Terrace Farm spot to me, too, and that sort of decision-making hurts me too much.

Considering terrace farms can only be placed on hills, if you just so happened to find a bunch of flat land near mountains I would argue it's very beneficial.

Considering terrace farms can only be placed on hills, if you just so happened to find a bunch of flat land near mountains I would argue it's very beneficial.

The other part that helps them is that often mountain ranges show up on continent borders, so they can put them next to fissures. Just always sucks when I'm looking at a spot and it's like "Hmmm, +4 campus? Or insane terrace farm?"

One of the beauties of terrace farms is that they are improvements, so can easily be replaced. I'll usually build terrace farms on the truly great mountain-adjacent spots, but once the city has grown a bit will replace them with campuses or holy sites (or, if I did get Machu, anything else), leaving maybe one to boost some mountain tiles and keep the population stable.

Well, my last picture didn't really satisfy me. Please indulge me as I share with you another pair: the Inca Donut.

A truly ridiculous start, complete with a natural wonder, mountain donut, and one extra mountain for the mostly ornamental Machu Picchu. Fortunately, most of the tiles surrounding the donut are hills. Antananarivo may need to um, go away in the long run.

Turn 75:

Well, my last picture didn't really satisfy me. Please indulge me as I share with you another pair: the Inca Donut.

A truly ridiculous start, complete with a natural wonder, mountain donut, and one extra mountain for the mostly ornamental Machu Picchu. Fortunately, most of the tiles surrounding the donut are hills. Antananarivo may need to um, go away in the long run.

Turn 75:

Oh, wow...at first by "donut" I thought you meant the arch then I was looking for the Preserve.....

I may have to dig up my Turn50 Preserve screenshot. Not as colorful but it was from before Earth Goddess got nerfed :D

Last Inca pic for at least a few months, but wanted to share two final things I learned:
1) You can work volcanoes, but not natural wonder mountains/volcanoes
2) Natural wonders with bonuses to adjacent tiles provide them to mountains

Sadly I learned another lesson. The volcano erupted, and the chariot archer finished me off down to almost nothing. I would have been fine, but I foolishly built a mountain tunnel. The Egyptian warrior waltzes in and kills me the next turn. Oops...

yeah Machu Picchu was never good for the Inca. but now it is even worse. I love the new preserve and found it quite powerful but Incan Mountains make it even better, especially when it allows you to make national parks as well. Now not only terrace farms compete but even flat tiles are high priority for my preserves

Ok so a few months ago I had this idea for an early (classical era) Preserve with Hammurabi so I set up a highlands map on emperor and after just a couple of rerolls got exactly what I was looking for:

Spoiler :

The trick being of course Babylon's first Preserve comes with a free grove, so it's much less of an investment. The river is key it also adds food to the plains tiles with the Palgum which is unlocked when I improve the maize. I was lagging in culture bad from pushing out the workers and Palgum and a second settler first (I did want the game to be viable). Culture output tripled on completing the district so PP was suddenly within reach by turn 60.
HammurabiCheats.jpg

Sadly this is no longer possible (as shown) with the nerf to Earth Goddess, and it was never a game I intended to finish but it seemed like a really cool way to use an otherwise food starved location for a strong capital.

Top Bottom