Civ4 in Singapore

winbros said:
That would be cool, though i'd probably get whipped by you guys. It'll be a humbling experience though. :goodjob:

Not so sure about that , real pple are far crazier than AI, and with alot of human players surival it's not so much a matter of you civ-skills but luck and your dealing with the other players

real people are friendlier than AI.
just don't show any weaknesses e.g. leave a city undefended early on, like i learnt horribly in my first civ3 mp.

fastspawn said:
real people are friendlier than AI.

Depends on who you play with. There are many complaints about the hostility of various multi-palyer game communities and I had experienced it many times myself.

I think if we play live - in a LAN game - or with people we know to some extent from the forum, I think there won't be so much hostility going on. I mean between the players as persons, not between them in the game! ;)

I played a lot of RTS a while ago, and those communities were very different from each other. Generally it seems that you have people who apparently enjoy making fun of others or ruining their game, but also others who I met often online to play with them, and those games always were a lot of fun.
I think in Civ as a turn based game and in general having a more matured audience, this shifts more towards the 'nice' players. At least judging from this (and Poly's) forum community, there seem to be a lot less trolls around.

On the topic of meeting for a LAN event, I'd definitely like to join. After some time of getting familiar with Civ4 (after getting the game...), this would be a nice change!

I hear a lot of disturbing things about sales and retail versions etc. Pyro, if you can grab any copy of Civ4 for me, please get it, so i can get it from you next Monday. Sort of a birthday present for myself. :)

Thanks so much

ThERat said:
I hear a lot of disturbing things about sales and retail versions etc.

You're making me get worried...disturbing things? Can you specify that?

Thrar said:
You're making me get worried...disturbing things? Can you specify that?

After reading through the install and graphics issues some of the civvers here are experiencing, I'm getting nervous as well. Keeping fingers crossed that the game will install and play fine, cos all the other stories and pictures here are driving me close to bananas with anticipation. :crazyeye:

I am not saying that we won't get the game here, but if I look at the canadian for example, it's all pretty messed up.
Passed by Funan today on my way home and asked there, they all said mid November, unacceptable IMHO.

I need Pyro to get a game for me, but he hasn't answered yet :cry:

ThERat said:
Passed by Funan today on my way home and asked there, they all said mid November, unacceptable IMHO.

ah, you beat me to it! :rolleyes:
In one store they told me 5th of November, but in another they said that it'd probably take longer until the game arrives.
However, there is still Gameshop, where it says the game ships on 5/11. If that's true, it might probably be a good idea to order it there, unless we get good news next week (which probably is unlikely with all the holidays :( ).

Fellow Singaporeans,

My "spy" in Cyberactive (Yishun Branch) has informed me that Civ 4 is due to be shipped to the stores by tonight (28 Oct 2005). It says that most probably they will unpack tomorrow and the game will be on sale by tomorrow. But I guess I will have to wait for my O levels to finish before I can get the game! Cheers!

is that true or just a joke?????

and that means all cyberactive outlets (I live near sengkang) or the one in yishun only????

So, does anyone contact them to get official information? I don't feel like sending the 27th email on the same topic...
If you get further information tomorrow, please post here!

Another question about that - in case they really get it tomorrow:
I live in Dover (MRT Buona Vista), study at NUS. Which is the nearest or easiest accessible store from there?

Which is the nearest or easiest accessible store from there?
you can either go to west mall or jurong point, the latter would be simply taking the mrt to the west (boon lay) and you can't miss the shopping mall there. west mall needs you to change mrt at jurong east, then alight at bukit batok.

Anyone who can confirm the status tomorrow, please do post it here. I hope we are all not the target of a bad joke.

But I just read that UK now sells the game as well.

Wow.....I am surprised by how many people are from Singapore. I am in Taiwan now. Consider you guys lucky. God knows how much longer I have to wait for my own copy. SIGH............................

Thrar said:
Another question about that - in case they really get it tomorrow:
I live in Dover (MRT Buona Vista), study at NUS. Which is the nearest or easiest accessible store from there?
I'd like to know the same thing. I'm currently working in the Buona Vista area (slow walk to MRT takes 20+ mins) for my Poly attachment. If I can I would like to avoid the Boon Lay Cyberactive branch because I've gone in and out of it several times the last few days without buying anything. I think they think I'm siao.:lol:

I just sent an email to Cyberactive, asking about the release date. Since I suppose they don't reply in the middle of the night, I can probably post their answer tomorrow around noon, when I get back online.

Sidenote:
I like how we are geographically such a small location, and yet having so many people around here! And it's great having so much activity here, and supporting each other about how to find the game!

I can't wait! Agh I'd be waiting for your reply, too bad I check so late we could have called and Kjan them hahaha make them sweat

Top Bottom