Civ4 in Singapore

Wah so long. I nvr played Civ before. But Civ 4 looks interesting. Didnt play Civ3 coz Civ 4 coming out soon anyway.

Btw, u guys said theres Singapore skyline on the cover box. Where is it?

maybe it is better we get the game only next week, though I find it stupid. But with all the bugs it's nice to wait and get a proper patch.
I remember playing Civ3 and not really knowing about bugs, but there were some bad ones. This game seems worse, did you guys read about the bug with the so called random map :lol:

By the way 10-15 civfanatics for a city with 4 million people ain't that much

Okay, so I went back to Cyberactive (Yishun Branch) today to check with my man, and he said that they will release on 2 Nov. When I asked him if there were any reasons for the delay, he mentioned, "Most probably shipping problems."

I just PRAY that he's telling the truth, because I hate playing this ridiculous game of travelling back and forth to the shop just to see that the game is not out yet...

holy crap tomorrow? can confirm? if not everybody go over and hoot that bloody idiot... also will the other shops get the game on the same day?

Hi all. Another Singaporean civver checking in.
However, I'm unlikely to be getting civ4 soon. Just noticed the minimum system requirements...:(

hands said:
So many Singaporean Civ players?
Someone should setup a forum just for us! :lol:

now that would be sweet! :cool:
then again...does that mean that we have to type in singlish? I'd probably have some problems with that...

So, do you think the merlion might be something that should be a great wonder? Maybe getting some extra income from the tourists, I don't know...

oh by the way, is anybody going to check Cyberactive tomorrow *again* ? Take a sharp knife or something, in case it's wrong again. ;)

Thrar said:
oh by the way, is anybody going to check Cyberactive tomorrow *again* ? Take a sharp knife or something, in case it's wrong again. ;)

I'll check the PK and Cyberactive at Jurong Point after work ..

GuangRong said:
I'll check the PK and Cyberactive at Jurong Point after work ..

So is the game out today in Singapore? My pre-order stills says 5/11 (Friday). Can't even get a fix from Sullla's walkthrough since his site is down, haha. :mischief:

winbros said:
So is the game out today in Singapore? My pre-order stills says 5/11 (Friday). Can't even get a fix from Sullla's walkthrough since his site is down, haha. :mischief:

rang cyber

release date is 7/11

winbros said:

after work.. for me means around 6 pm..

Thankfully I have Civ 1 (Civnet actually) amongst other games to busied myself with or I'll go insane thinking about Civ 4..:crazyeye:

sorry to disappoint you mate, I called (not so stupid anymore to go all the way there) cyberactive and the guy told me that due to a delay it will only be sold on Nov 7th. Well, whatever, it might also be the 10th or 20th for that matter. Fact is, we can't blame the local retailers here, but someone called take2 screwed up big time.

Maybe by the time the game is released here, we can enjoy a patch and actually play the game :lol: got to look at the positive side. And reading the forum these few days is also pretty entertaining stuff.

So, ongwin, go back to that guy in Yishun and tell him to stop making empty promises, we're tired of that.

ThERat said:
sorry to disappoint you mate, I called (not so stupid anymore to go all the way there) cyberactive and the guy told me that due to a delay it will only be sold on Nov 7th. Well, whatever, it might also be the 10th or 20th for that matter. Fact is, we can't blame the local retailers here, but someone called take2 screwed up big time.

Maybe by the time the game is released here, we can enjoy a patch and actually play the game :lol: got to look at the positive side. And reading the forum these few days is also pretty entertaining stuff.

So, ongwin, go back to that guy in Yishun and tell him to stop making empty promises, we're tired of that.

It happens all the time here, not for PC games, but console games as well. My only consolation is my pre-order "should" be delivered to me when Gameshop gets it. (fingers crossed). Meantime, there're some Emperor butts I gotta kick in Civ 3 :lol:

Thrar said:
then again...does that mean that we have to type in singlish? I'd probably have some problems with that...

Interesting, I have never heard the term Singlish until a week ago when I read an article in Mental Floss [Volume 4, Issue 5] magazine on Singapore.

Sorry to intrude, just found that interesting [and coincidental]:)

how fast is gameshop? they still state 5th, so I am thinking of preordering there. Would they deliver on the 5th or do I need to wait for 7th as well then?
I have never heard the term Singlish until a week ago
It's a very nice brand of English, trust me. It's a mix of English with some Hokkien (Chinese dialect), Malay etc. It can come across as very charming. Unfortunately, some here do speak horrible English and get all the grammar wrong. I wouldn't call that Singlish, but lousy English. The 'real' Singlish rocks.

ThERat said:
how fast is gameshop? they still state 5th, so I am thinking of preordering there. Would they deliver on the 5th or do I need to wait for 7th as well then?
It's a very nice brand of English, trust me. It's a mix of English with some Hokkien (Chinese dialect), Malay etc. It can come across as very charming. Unfortunately, some here do speak horrible English and get all the grammar wrong. I wouldn't call that Singlish, but lousy English. The 'real' Singlish rocks.
If you are willing to pay local courier (S$2 I think), they ship to you the day they get the stock, which is as soon as I can think.

winbros said:
It happens all the time here, not for PC games, but console games as well. My only consolation is my pre-order "should" be delivered to me when Gameshop gets it. (fingers crossed). Meantime, there're some Emperor butts I gotta kick in Civ 3 :lol:

heh FYI, cyberactive's main business is not games, so dun expect too much when even pple in shops that deal mainly in games also cluless ..

Once , I was in the Jurong branch and a customer ask about particular game, the sales ppe who obviosuly duuno what game the customer is talkin about search the shelf and tell the guy they dun have it, while I can see at once glance it's clearly on the shelf,though to be fair I 'm more familiar than him cos I scan the shevles everyday..)

also I once ask a guy at PK when winter assault is comin and he told me it's till in beta! it's already out for a week in US at that time... Nonsense! duno say duuno lah anyhow make up stories..

Top Bottom