Double Your Pleasure

If all goes right I'll buy a shiny new one in 8 weeks. Wish me luck. Civ4, I'm coming! And Isaak, please speed up the work on RAR4CIV. You have 8 weeks left. ;-)

ciao, Achim

You should be most happy with upgrade computer cuz then you can play all the good Civ3 conquest mods with no waits interturn this time. :goodjob:

I wish you to stay in CIv3 land and not die of bordom with 4 but do as you must :) just don't expect RnR to follow you...atleast for another year or so being it will take atleast that long to dev and test..
...which is good for you man cuz your gunna need another upgrade by that time for lag free through all eras playing that mem beastie :)

You should be most happy with upgrade computer cuz then you can play all the good Civ3 conquest mods with no waits interturn this time. :goodjob:

I wish you to stay in CIv3 land and not die of bordom with 4 but do as you must :) just don't expect RnR to follow you...atleast for another year or so being it will take atleast that long to dev and test..
...which is good for you man cuz your gunna need another upgrade by that time for lag free through all eras playing that mem beastie :)

Hey Civ4 is not borring, in fact it is a lot like DYP. True I had to upgrsde my vidio card and memory but I was looking for an excuse to do it;)

Something seems to be wrong with my instalment of DYP. :( Worked hard to get armor then the upgrade to modern armor. But unlike the old version I lost in the crash armor will not attack more than once a turm. I can attack once then when I try a secind attack I get the "This unit may only attack once per turn" popup. Anyone else have this problem?

Blitz is disabled for armor if i recall for DyP and RaR, check in the editor (where can re-enable if so desire).

OK I am a bit rusty on programing (none since basic) where is editor? What file? also cavalry will not upgrade due to missing file. I put the file and whole sub-dir (Helicopter) in the Units\uh1 dir but the error reads: Missig file Art\Units\UH1\...\Helicopter\helicopter Run.wav

Going crazy

I've played the version that comes with Complete. While I like some of the ideas and the new units I found its a much different game to standard Conquests play. My only reservation, and the reason I've now given up on it is that it appears to be maximising my research automatically. Hence every turn I get Treasury running low errors even after I reset it. Its just a damn nuisance. I appreciate the effort people put into mods and some of the work is excellent but there seem to be so many out there that arent in a playable state.

I've played the version that comes with Complete. While I like some of the ideas and the new units I found its a much different game to standard Conquests play. My only reservation, and the reason I've now given up on it is that it appears to be maximising my research automatically. Hence every turn I get Treasury running low errors even after I reset it. Its just a damn nuisance. I appreciate the effort people put into mods and some of the work is excellent but there seem to be so many out there that arent in a playable state.

It doesn't reset your research - depending on your form of government, it imposes an upper limit on how large a percentage can be dedicated to research, tax or luxuries. I believe the initial governments has the limit set at 70% - so if you try to set Research to 20% and Luxuries to 0%, there would be 80% left for Taxes, which is not allowed as per the limit - so your Research is automatically pushed back up to 30%.

I agree the game doesn't handle this mechanism very well, as the feature was never used in the 'real' game, but it's not a bug - it's a feature that takes some playing time to get used to. ;)

Aah I see, its pointless, effectively it tries to force the civ into bankruptcy. While there is a lot I like about the mod its so annoying that I probably wont play it again.

Aah I see, its pointless, effectively it tries to force the civ into bankruptcy. While there is a lot I like about the mod its so annoying that I probably wont play it again.
Alas, it effectively tries to make you play in a way that does not bankrupt the civ. That's quite different ;)

Alas, it effectively tries to make you play in a way that does not bankrupt the civ. That's quite different ;)

Exactly - shaking the habits of the regular game is the first step towards success in DYP. ;)

I cant seem to access the official website for DYP. Anyone know why?

The site has been taken offline about a year ago - I just need to update my sig. :)

Ok, thanks but is there any way to download the 2.02 version? also I have version 1.5 or something like that and the text is in the wrong place on most of the screens.

Thanks alot Achim, that helped big time. One last question my friend has civ 3 complete and the DYP mod says to download a graphics patch but he cant find in anywhere! Any one know where?

okay i know this is a long shot but hopefully someones listening.

on the civ ptw edition of Dyp the game crashes when anyone builds certain things the wall street and tiger plane being one of them.

saying file not found. any idea how to fix this?

PLEASE

Is this mod dead? It does not seem to be downloadable from civfanatics (which I believe tries to redirect to the civ3.bernskov.com domain) and the site http://civ3.bernskov.com/ seems to be dead as well.

Top Bottom