Fall Further - Download and Current Changelog

A big THANKS to Vehem and Fall Further team who once again are giving us reason to play this great game (civ4), even greater mod (FFH2) and the graetest modmod Fall Further. You know it's not a small thing to be happy like it just released a new game of your favourite genre which includes turn based strategy, fantasy world, and a lot mor staff. Congratsulations!!!:goodjob:

So any absolute word on whether or not the Fall Flat Cave of Ancestors was included?

15. Added Feral Trait (peace with Animals from start) - from Doviello+.
17. Doviello become Feral (CivTrait).

First off, is Charadon still barbarian as well? I guess I'll find that out when I download, but I'm a very impatient person.

Also, why aren't the Ljosalfar Feral too? In my mind, at least, it seems that forest elves would be as friendly with animals as bestial men are.

First off, is Charadon still barbarian as well? I guess I'll find that out when I download, but I'm a very impatient person.

Also, why aren't the Ljosalfar Feral too? In my mind, at least, it seems that forest elves would be as friendly with animals as bestial men are.

He is. I think it's a bit much though... -10% :science: and -20%:gp: is painful.

That... is an interesting question, actually.....

That is an excellent point.

Would it break anything balance-wise to make them feral? I've always considered barbarian to be a pretty neutral trait balance-wise....seems like feral would be the same. Would rob their recon units of some early xp and their cities of animal cages...but animal cages are not very thematic for them anyway.

Just snagged the download, I know it will be great. Excellent work all around!

A thought about feral trait.

Why not tie the effect to FoL.
Any race that adopts FoL, would instantly gain feral, for as long as it's their state religion.

That is an excellent point.

Would it break anything balance-wise to make them feral? I've always considered barbarian to be a pretty neutral trait balance-wise....seems like feral would be the same. Would rob their recon units of some early xp and their cities of animal cages...but animal cages are not very thematic for them anyway.

I dunno about that, I can imagine FoL that isn't necessarily at peace with the animals. If you are looking for that you can always build Natures Revolt. FoL-types are more likely to have the nature mana for that anyway.

"Jotnar start with a citizen instead of a worker."
No, they dont.
Also, now that you;ve changed the formula to soemthing requiring actual calculation, would you mind adding a reading in the corner for chance per city per turn to spawn a citizen? like the Scion one, except this one shouldnt reuire any decimal points :p AH! my third citizen on turn 22! what did you do?

Last edited:
"Jotnar start with a citizen instead of a worker."
No, they dont.
Also, now that you;ve changed the formula to soemthing requiring actual calculation, would you mind adding a reading in the corner for chance per city per turn to spawn a citizen? like the Scion one, except this one shouldnt reuire any decimal points :p AH! my third citizen on turn 22! what did you do?

No idea why the Citizen isn't appearing - it's definitely set to be granted as a Free Unit (in fact, 2 of them were). Will have a look at that one tomorrow...

Regarding the spawn rate, you should get citizens at roughly double rate initially, dropping with each one you get (6% chance rather than 3%, but -1% for each giant you get). Each city adds 3 to the maximum number you can have.

Chance per turn display is a little more complex as it's a chance applied across all cities and may change during the "between-turn" part several times. I may just have it show the Current/Max giants at the present time instead. The chance per city is simply one minus the other (unless another city has already spawned a citizen during between-turn).

Pretty much a bug fix patch for the two fairly major problems (promotion prereq's gone awry and Recon-mission CtD). Couple of other things bundled in that Valkrionn spotted (thanks :goodjob:)

Patch N (will break save games)
1. Fixes prereq problem that could cause non-Jotnar units to become Giantkin.
2. Fixes Recon-Mission related CtD (had to revert some changes to ranged unit AI - hopefully the next version will have them acting smartly again)
3. Malakim Oasis bonus set to +1 (as intended, had merged Malakim+'s bonus of +2 over the original change)
4. Desert Stealth spells added for Dervish (allows unit to become invisible in Desert only)
5. Bedouins can build roads properly.
6. Feral TXT_KEY added.

Pretty much a bug fix patch for the two fairly major problems (promotion prereq's gone awry and Recon-mission CtD). Couple of other things bundled in that Valkrionn spotted (thanks :goodjob:)

Patch N (will break save games)
1. Fixes prereq problem that could cause non-Jotnar units to become Giantkin.
2. Fixes Recon-Mission related CtD (had to revert some changes to ranged unit AI - hopefully the next version will have them acting smartly again)
3. Malakim Oasis bonus set to +1 (as intended, had merged Malakim+'s bonus of +2 over the original change)
4. Desert Stealth spells added for Dervish (allows unit to become invisible in Desert only)
5. Bedouins can build roads properly.
6. Feral TXT_KEY added.

Ya need to fix the links in the first post, Again. Again. >.<

If Darracat if feral, all the tasty goblins and orcs will be fighting back! :eek: But at least I won't have my giant spiders being eaten by bigger giant spiders.

You also won't have those damn orcs spawning in your borders and eating your fresh spiders.... Made it for the Doviello, but it fits Daracaat just as well. Still hoping that Xienwolf makes it possible to specify which barbarian civ a trait will allow peace with using just XML, but one python function at gamestart doesn't really slow the game. :lol:

Top Bottom