FfH2 Bug Thread

Patch "l" is linked in the first post. It will not break save games and fixes the following issues:

11. Grigori Medic loses the divine and channeling promotions and gains medic promotions instead.

13. Manticore's can fly now.

I knew it was coming eventually (mostly due to that rat Magister's filibustering ;)), but it really makes the Grigori a dud in my opinion. The Medics take a huge hit. They come late as it is and the Grigori have always been penalized without a unit that can Cure Disease until much later than the other civs. I would suggest moving them up to something else like Sanitation rather than Medicine.

Thanks for giving the Manticores the ability to fly. :)

Should every unit with wings be able to fly?

When popping a treasure chest with a stack of units, all units get a reward each.

Recent change to improvements upgrade made forts/castles upgrade only if they are worked or outside territory. If they are within borders but outside city workable area they can never upgrade. I think it is a bug, and a simple addition to CvPlot.cpp fixes it:
Code:
            if (isOwned() && !isBeingWorked() && GC.getImprovementInfo(eImprovementUpdrade).isOutsideBorders())
            {
                doImprovementUpgrade();
            }

The only difference between playing FfH and playing a scenario is that a movie doesn't play before a scenario. So if you load scenarios fine but not the normal game then you comptuer is having a problem displaying movies. I would recheck to make sure they are disabled correctly.

From CivIV ini file(in My Documents\etc..):

; Set to 1 for no intro movie
NoIntroMovie = 1

This was set up the same for the first CTD report.

I redownloaded FFH2(plus media pack and patch k) just in case and did a clean install of CivIV complete plus BTS 317 patch.

I get the same error as previously reported 100% of the time. All text files i posted in my first post are the same, the windows error report is the same.

I found a new file i missed last time, in my main CivIV directory \Beyond the Sword\log:

called "init":
[548.406] ERR: InitWinApp() failed, exiting
[548.406] ERR: CIV Init FAILED, exiting

My question is what would FFH2's intro movies require that default CivIV/BTS doesnt?

I run the latest DirectX 9.0c files, my NVIDIA driver is an older version 84.56 for better compatability with some of my other games(Morrowind especialy), and the latest NVIDIA drivers are pretty horrible. Thats the only thing i can think of as maybe being an issue? If so then i'd rather keep my older drivers to keep better functionality with my other games.

But as CivIV(and all movies using binkplayer) runs fine for me, why not FFH2 as this does seem to be an early game initialise error(possibly movie related?).

It sounds like for this 100% reproducable error(in single player non-scenario game) that i'm probably the only one so far, but as i'm not sure what FFH2 does differently from CivIV i can't quite work out why i get this CTD?

some specs:

AMD64 3700(2.2GHz)
NVIDIA 7600GT(128MB) [using default setings(no anti-alising etc) for CivIV]
2 GB RAM

I don't mind at all, the scenarios are geat fun and for a free mod i'm not expecting anyone to have to fix this error, but for your teams general information I thought you might like to know But like i said i'm very happy with just being able to play the scenarios, so dont sweat it!

There's an option to turn off movies in the game. You should make sure that one is checked too.

Or you could try deleting and reinstalling FfH 2 without installing the media pack, see if that help.

When popping a treasure chest with a stack of units, all units get a reward each.

Shhhh, not too loud on this one please. :D

Actually, you might not get something for each unit in the stack. You will get something until the Chest reads Empty, however.

Really a great way to stock up on Healing Salves, Rods of Wind, Jade Torches and Timor Masks.

In my current game I have 6 Jade Torches.

It would be nice if more 'unique' items were added. I think there are some good ones in the FF Modmod. :)

Take a look at the attached screenshot. Two things:

1. Wow, is Nature's Revolt overpowered or what? I had a second screenshot I messed up on that showed about 50 Bears on the screen. And, look at the additional attack/defense strength. Those animals certainly are revolting. ;)

2. But, the main point is look at all the units in the city with Acheron - nearly 50 of them. I was wondering why the raging barbs were just not coming. I thought there was a fix to keep the AI from stockpiling defenders in barb cities, especially Acheron's? Add to this the Goblin Forts, Lairs, other barb cities, etc. with defenders and there are not many barbs roaming the map.

Anyway, Acheron sure has his own Grand Menagerie there!

I was sort of joking before, but there really is a serious pathing issue on the Erebus map. I don't think the AI knows how to use water to get around peaks.

I get an endlessly processing turn, every time, when I load the attached save and hit the <Enter> key. This is with patch "L".

Attachments

• Alberic AD-0431.zip
    270 KB · Views: 48
Shhhh, not too loud on this one please. :D

Actually, you might not get something for each unit in the stack. You will get something until the Chest reads Empty, however.

Really a great way to stock up on Healing Salves, Rods of Wind, Jade Torches and Timor Masks.

In my current game I have 6 Jade Torches.

It would be nice if more 'unique' items were added. I think there are some good ones in the FF Modmod. :)

Actually people just need to stop reporting the multi-unit Chest popping bug because it has been on Kael's "Need to Do" list in the first post since 0.40 was released ;)

Mostly posting to state that I finally updated the bug tracker. Getting the feeling I ought to add a seperate section for AI issues since that is actually a priority for patches now, and many reports are dealing with it.

There's an option to turn off movies in the game. You should make sure that one is checked too.

Or you could try deleting and reinstalling FfH 2 without installing the media pack, see if that help.

Yep turning off the movies via the in-game menu did the trick. Wow so i got a lot of new CivIV gaming ahead - thanks. :)

I get an endlessly processing turn, every time, when I load the attached save and hit the <Enter> key. This is with patch "L".

As far as I know this is a known problem of Civ IV in general. I got this one in many other mods. Load the oldest autosave of yours and try to do something different. Mostly this has something to do with the AI and their war behaviour - not sure about that one though.

I'm encountering an issue with summoned creatures playing 'The Cult' scenario, patch L, as the Dovellio.

I founded Esus and built Gibbon, and started casting Wonder everywhere. Whenever I checked to see my odds when attacking with a summoned creature, only the retreat odds would show up. Also, attacking with one summoned unit appeared to prevent other summoned units (including fireballs) from also attacking that same turn.

Also, not having played Dovellio before, I'm not sure if it's a bug or not, but I can't build libraries in this scenario.

I founded Esus and built Gibbon, and started casting Wonder everywhere. Whenever I checked to see my odds when attacking with a summoned creature, only the retreat odds would show up. Also, attacking with one summoned unit appeared to prevent other summoned units (including fireballs) from also attacking that same turn.
Because Gibbon summons Illusions and Illusions are capped at 80% damage.

Also, not having played Dovellio before, I'm not sure if it's a bug or not, but I can't build libraries in this scenario
Thats intended

Units immune to poison damage still get the Poisoned promotion when hurt by poisonous units. I think they should be immune not only to the damage but also to the effect (seen on a unit equipped with a jade torc).

Currently, Medic III has no valid unitcombats, and no unit starts with it. It was supposed to have been available to (high?) priests several versions back, but because it was not because of a lack of unitcombats.

Kael surreptitiously changed this, and gave medic 3 to all high priests including the Illian ones without mentioning it in the changelog.

Sphener, Chalid and Yvain lost cure disease and heal though. :/ Can't say I like that.

Sorry if this is a previously been brought up but playing FfH-2 w/Patch L on Win Xp as Lurchirp. After the AC counter hit us w/blight, I researched Medicine to get more health. You think this late in the game I would have noticed that the whole group of Health civics are gone from the civic screen! =0

Plus, something is weird about the Mercurians; they showed up with Basium and one Angel! :eek: Good thing I had a big pile of units guarding that city and could continue to guard it since Basium and the Angel schlepped out of town with a settler to go found a new city. With the Infernals on their borders, this sort of surprised me.

Plus another odd thing is my Dwarves are the king of Culture, yet one of those pop-ups that talks about who is the best listed me last but Basium first! :confused:

Lastly, is there any way to 'fiddle' with the Erebus map? I occasionally play it but too often the mountains cut off civilizations to the point where you have to take this HUGE detour to get anywhere. I mean I like the map in the case that you don't get dog-piled by 2-4 Civs early in the game but every time it seems I can only get to one culture and if they are unfriendly, I'm cut off from the rest of the world. One or two less mountains and everything would be fine.

Playing as the Infernals last night and I have to ask if the hellfire nodes are working? I have 4 high priests who placed down 20 nodes(16 in my borders, 4 in neutral borders) and 58 turns after I placed the last node I still have not seen any units pop out of the hellfire nodes. What is the % chance that a champion will pop out, I can't seem to find it.

Getting a CTD in my current game whenever I finish researching Corruption of Spirit. Playing Sheaim and I was able to pop a Savant from a dungeon way before I was even remotely close to resarching CoS and set up the Holy City in my capital, so I'm assuming it has something to do with the religion already being founded before the tech was resarched.

EDIT: NM I changed research to Currency to see if it really was CoS and it seems to be just a general CTD, gonna check the WB and see if anything else is going on.

Top Bottom