GFletch's Second Pitboss game

The new IP 24.154.137.42 logged right in.

By the way less than 8 hours on the clock.

Fosse: that's exactly what happened.

Guys, try logging in under this IP:

You could have told us that when you reloaded the game. It would not have meant that four players missed the turn.

I am having problems connecting to the game. I seem to be able to connect to the host, but get no farther than that. I cannot get into the game, so I will reload to see if there is a problem on my end, if not, then I will say so.

EDIT. I tried again and got the same problem, so there must be a problem at the hosts end.

If you're the only one not able to log on, it's not the host.

I'll save and reset the games. Try logging in again in 10 minutes.

I got onto every other Pitboss that I played today and this was the only one I could not get into. From another Pitboss it could be a problem caused by people not first exiting to the main menu and then exiting the game. FI people do this then there is no problem, but if people just exit straight to the desktop from playing th turn, it tends to give problems at the host end.

I exit straight to desktop 95% of the time, and there's been no problem.

Try logging in now, Classical. Lemme know if you're able to get in.

Well it seems that other players got on in between, so there could have been something between the two computers that caused the problem, but it is good that it is solved and a new turn has been started.

I exit straight to desktop 95% of the time, and there's been no problem.

You shouldnt exit to desktop, it seems that the pittboss keeps the connection open or something.... Maybe it has been fixed because it was a vanilla thing, but I never do ....

I do desktop.

This seems to make the PB not recognize when I log out and after a few min it shows up on civstat that I logged out at the correct time.

Exiting to Desktop doesn't hurt you, it hurts the host. Hosts will slow down appreciably if anyone quits straight to desktop. Since the first days of Pitboss it's been noticed as a contributor to laggy and unstable servers. As a host, please always exit to desktop.

It's so ingrained in me now I do it for my single player games, too.

Top Bottom