GFletch's Second Pitboss game

Exiting to Desktop doesn't hurt you, it hurts the host. Hosts will slow down appreciably if anyone quits straight to desktop. Since the first days of Pitboss it's been noticed as a contributor to laggy and unstable servers. As a host, please always exit to desktop.

It's so ingrained in me now I do it for my single player games, too.

UHm ?? Is it me or ??? First you say, it causes a problem... Then you say, please do... ???

Forgive me for mistyping. As a host, please always exit to the main menu. THAT is so ingrained in me that I do it in my single player games, too.

I can;t connect right now, but I think I have already played the turn, so if that is the case then don't worry about restarting the game just yet. ALso whomever finishes or starts a new turn, please notify here for the time being with civstats down temporarily. I will check again when I wake up.

The game timed me out also. I will wait with bated breath for it to come back up.

Both games seem to be down, probably some PC reboot or something ... :(

Just got home -- was visiting my parents. Luckily I saved before I left (just in case something like this happened), so I can restart without anyone losing any turns or any extra time coming off the turns.

Should be up in 10 minutes or so.

How could you allow this to happen? Why in my Pittboss game this sort of thing neve...Wait I am getting a phone call. My wife has accidently restarted my computer...So as I was saying these things happen. No problem.
:crazyeye:

Guys, are you receiving your e-mail notifications of new turns from Civstats yet? :(

I have found the new site and all details and info provided looks in order. However, I am not getting a single mail anymore for any of the 8 games I am playing in and registered for. I checked "My Account" and my details and e-mail address is correct.

Is there something I need to do to re-initialise the e-mail notices? Where can I look? :confused:

I am not using Hotmail or any free e-mails. Just the standard e-mail provided by my ISP.

I used to get turn notices for ALL my games before the Civstats move.

I'm working to get email notifications back in the games. I'll let everyone know when it's been resolved.

Until that point, I'll doublecheck the games and let people know when new turns come around for both of my current games, so check these threads every day or so for updates.

I have noticed........WVUFan doesnt seem to be taking his turns. Every turn seems to be going the full clock. Please find out if this guy is still playing......and kick it to ai if he isnt, until we get a replacement.............Thx

Top Bottom