LK163 - AWM, India

1964 BC (1)
I begin the long rebase process for our air units. I want them all near the mountain range I will have to cross shortly.

The assault of Hlobane begins. I kill 2 infantry. I lost 1 armored car. I gain $3,125. (2-2)
Trying to wipe out South Africa trips the houseboat bug. I have to bring up the editor to find the hidden settler. I delete 1 settler and try again.
The assault of Pietermaritzburg begins again. I kill 2 rifles and 1 adventurer. I gain $9,377. (5-2)
The second try kills South Africa. :)

The assault on Bryansk begins. I kill 1 rifle and 2 muskets. (8-2)
The assault on Novosibirsk begins. I kill 2 infantry. I lost 1 tank. (10-2)

I complete a major rail building campaign in former Korea. I can finally assault the stupid city the Persia snuck in up there. The assault begins. I kill 1 rifle. The city is auto-razed. I gain $2. (11-2)
I tripped an MPP, and we are now at war with Poland.
Crabby Hills is built to replace it.

The recovery of Salamanca begins. I killed 1 Gatling gun and 1 adventurer. I lost 1 armored car. (13-2)
I kill strays near the town: 2 rifles and 1 spear. (16-2)
I clean up Russians by Brighton. I kill 3 muskets, 3 crossbows and 1 musketeer. I lost 1 artillery piece and 1 rifle. (20-4)
I gained 1 artist.

I begin the mass push to upgrade to the best infantry. There are still a lot of Sikh infantry out there. There are so many to go it looks like a multiple turn process. The new upgrades are needed to keep replacing the out of date stuff. I did a round of drafts to start replacing the interior with conscripts. I may need to do more rounds.
(IT) Spain and the Inca sign a peace treaty.
I enjoy watch the Aztecs and Germany kill each other’s units.
Research begins on totalitarianism.

I'm still plugging away, but wanted to report some good news.

Spain recovers Salamanca. It only had an artillery piece defending, so an adventurer snuck in. (0-1)
Sorry about that :blush: Looking again at my save, I had plenty of Turban Infantry at our capital. I just goofed on sending a couple of them to defend Salamanca and Toronto :(

1965 BC (2)
Isandhlwana has Hoover Dam rushed.

The assault on Santiago begins. I kill 3 rifles. (23-4)
The assault on Pamplona begins. I kill 1 pikes and 1 spear. (25-4)
I kill a stray adventurer by the city. (26-4)
Trying to wipe out Russia trips the houseboat bug.
[End of session 1]
I have to bring up the editor to find the hidden settler. I delete settler and try again. I delete a 2nd settler and try again.
Russia can’t be killed. I stole their map and found a third settler. After multiple searches I can’t find the unit. It must be a unit number too high for the file editor to display. :(
I kill what is probably a Spanish lawyer. (27-4)
I kill a stray Russian musket and infantry. (29-4)

I continue the hunt to find all the Sikh rifles to upgrade.

I kill a stray Aztec adventurer. (30-4)

It is 46% of the needed land to victory.
(IT) I saw almost nothing happen. I may have hit the end-game point where my PC has problems showing animations.

1966 BC (3)
The assault on Tamuin begins. I kill 5 infantry. I gain $24 and 1 worker. (35-4)
It gets an instant culture bomb.
The mountains have been crossed.

I think this is the first game where I have ever upgraded zeppelins to bombers.

The assault on Santander begins. I kill 3 pikes, 3 crossbows and 1 MDI. I gain 1 worker. (42-4)
The assault on Toledo begins. I kill 1 rifle, 1 crossbow and 2 pikes. (46-4)
I have a defective monk. I don’t get the option to add culture. I disband it, since it is broken.
Three move units rock. The assault on Barcelona begins. I kill 4 rifles. I lost 1 tank. (50-5)
I kill stray Spanish units: 1 bucket and 1 Gatling gun. (52-5)
I kill 2 Inca adventurers that are near Tours. I lost 1 rifle. (54-6)
Nice Sikh Rifleman arrives. El-Amarna gets its factory rushed.
Die Spain Die is founded.
The assault on Seville begins. I kill 3 rifles and 2 adventurers. I lost 2 tanks. (59-8)
The assault on Madrid begins. I kill 12 rifles, 1 bucket and 1 artillery piece. I lost 7 tanks. (63-15)
I gained 3 workers and a supply shipment.
Spain has left the game.
[End of session 2]
I do another round of rifle upgrades. I’ve almost found them all. At this point leaders aren’t that valuable, so I upgrade the elite ones. Trying to get leaders with 1 move units is very tough.
The assault on Calix begins. I kill 3 infantry. I lost 4 tanks. I gain $37. (66-19)
The city gets an instant culture bomb.
I clean up stray stuff around the city. I kill Aztec: 1 pike, 1 camel, 2 villista and 6 infantry. I lost 1 tank.

It is 48% of the needed land to victory.
(IT) I see nothing happen of interest.

Another mid set report.
Big news with Spain, and crossing the mountain range.

1967 BC (4)
I just made the decision to leave most of our workers fortified. Tile improvements and city optimization is meaningless. The only thing that matters is rails to newly captured cities.

I do clean up against the Aztecs: I kill 7 infantry, 1 adventurer, 1 camel and 1 bucket. I lost 1 artillery piece. (76-20)
I kill a German adventurer. (77-20)
I gained a new monk, and 1 worker.

I am not impressed by the initial response. After I look at the map carefully I realized that the Aztecs and Lowlands are separated by a mountain range from the rest. I am going to move forward.
The assault on Xochicalco begins. I kill 2 pike. I gain $40. (79-20)
I use the brand new monk and culture bomb it.

I begin to build rails to head for Germany. The Aztec and Lowlands territory won’t be enough.
I plant a spy with Germany. They fail to steal a map, and get caught.
I succeed on stealing the map from Nubia.
That territory is massive, and all civs connected. I hope we don’t have to go deep into it to wrap it.

The assault on Tenochtitlan begins. I kill 3 infantry, and 3 generic machine guns. I lost 2 tanks. I gain $63. (85-22)
It gets an immediate culture bomb.
I get another round of cleanup. I kill 1 Aztec worker, and capture the other. (86-22)
I kill Dutch: 5 cannons. I lost 1 lawyer and 1 tank. (91-24)

The assault on Tlaxcala begins. I kill 4 infantry and 1 artillery piece. (96-24)
I clean up a stray Aztec infantry. (97-24)

Tile Claimer 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 are founded. There are still a few more spots to claim, but I ran out of workers.

I planted a spy with the Aztecs. The second try got me their world map.

It is 49% of the needed land to victory.
(IT) Russia and Italy sign a peace treaty.
I didn’t see the battle, but I know I lost an adventurer. (97-25)

1968 BC (5)
I kill the partisan on the mountain tile. I gained a new partisan. (98-25)
The assault on Atzcapotzalco begins. I kill 2 infantry, 2 pikes, 2 artillery pieces, 3 mounted units, 2 buckets and 7 villista. I lost 3 tanks. I gained $14 and 1 worker. (116-28)
Late Armored Car arrived during the fighting. Linz gets a rushed factory.
The assault on Teotihuacan begins. I kill 2 villista and 2 pikes. I lost 1 armored car. I gained $21. (120-29)
The assault on Tlacopan begins. I kill 2 pikes. I gain $15. (122-29)
The assault on Malinalco begins. I kill 2 infantry. I gain $16. (124-29)
I kill 2 stray Aztec infantry. (126-29)
I kill 1 Dutch cannon. I lost 1 tank. (127-30)
The assault on Malinalco begins. I kill 2 infantry and 1 pikes. I lost 1 tank. I gain $18. (130-31)
A partisan kills a stray adventurer behind our lines. (131-31)

Tile Claimer 6, 7, 8 and 9 are formed.

It is 51% of the needed land to victory.
(IT) Germany and the Aztecs sign a peace treaty.
The next research project is blitzkrieg tactics.

1969 BC (6)
[End of session 3]
I mass upgrade early armored cars to Harley scouts. That gives us more units with speed 3.

A bunch of Dutch units crossed our borders. I kill 3 muskets, 1 chariot, 6 MDI, 8 grenadiers and 1 crossbow. (150-31)
Ultimate Lawyer, Another Early Tank and Anti-Dutch Early Tank arrive. Texcoco, Tile Claimer 4 and 9 get a rushed opera. That is the best culture building we have.
I gain 3 artists.
I kill 2 Aztec infantry. (152-31)
I kill Russian: 2 infantry. (154-31)

The assault of Tlateloco begins. I kill 4 infantry. (158-31)
It gets an immediate culture bomb.
I begin another clean up round. I kill Dutch: 1 grenadier, 3 cannons, 1 infantry, and 1 MDI. I lost 1 tank. (163-32)
I kill 3 settlers under the pile to gain 3 workers. I upgrade them to partisans.
I kill a stray Aztec infantry. (164-32)

The assault of Utrecht (Aztec) begins. I kill 3 infantry. (166-32)
The assault of Groningen begins. I kill 3 infantry. I lost 2 tanks. I gain $1. (169-34)
The assault of Eindhoven begins. I kill 2 muskets. I lost 1 tank. I gain $1. (171-35)
The assault of Ghent begins. I kill 2 muskets. I lost 1 tank. (173-36)

Tile Claimer 10 and 11 are founded.
It is 52% of the needed land to victory.
(IT) USA declares war on Italy.

At this point the game totally locks up. I cancel, and reload it again. Once again it locks up.
I reboot the PC, and load it up again. I get the animations to work correctly again. I now know what to do when animations start fouling up. However, letting in run over 20 minutes it still didn’t respond.

Some in the save is corrupted . I have no idea what happened. I don’t know if my using the save file editor early hosed something up. I won’t be using that again, and will live with the wandering settler.

We could have easily lost this one. I think the mountains keeping multiple civs locked out from attacking may have been the reason we one. I would like to do this again.

The only victory type we haven’t done is Space. Unless we played that on continents with being prohibited to leave on continent I don’t see a challenge possible. It would simply be an effective conquest and just waiting it out to get to space.

LK164 - Another AWM on continents
LKendter (Yes)

Greebley
Elephantium
Jersey Joe

The only victory type we haven’t done is Space. Unless we played that on continents with being prohibited to leave on continent I don’t see a challenge possible. It would simply be an effective conquest and just waiting it out to get to space.
I think TheRat started (an earlier version of CCM) a succession game with Space as the Victory condition and they ended up winning by domination. When I finished our Total Culture game those last turns I played took about 30 minutes and I had most of our units fortified and only moved to protect our territory.
LKendter (Yes)
Sign me up.

Lee, I think the corrupt save you got was more likely due to "memory leaks" than to using the editor to get rid of settlers (when I do that I just change the settler to a worker). Playing on a huge map and getting to build units we never see has got to be pushing the limits of the game engine.

LKendter (Yes)
Jersey Joe (Yes)

Greebley
Elephantium

I have a defective monk. I don’t get the option to add culture. I disband it, since it is broken.

:lol::lol::lol:

De-frocked for being anti-cultural. :thumbsup:

Congrats everyone on a good game! Looking forward to LK164.

What do you fellers do during the late game when it takes a couple weeks for the game to come back to you? Do you have a single player game on the side? Just curious.

I'm in. I'd be happy playing a space race at some point, provided we have a way to avoid the effective-conquest ending. I don't want to ban ocean crossings, though; it's fun to use the ships!

Maybe a 60% arch map?

I'm in. I'd be happy playing a space race at some point, provided we have a way to avoid the effective-conquest ending. I don't want to ban ocean crossings, though; it's fun to use the ships!

Maybe a 60% arch map?
That is the challenge. How do we stop a conquest ending.

LKendter (Yes)
Jersey Joe (Yes)
Elephantium (Yes)

Greebley

Last edited:
I'll start as soon as I get a yes from Greebley

Hmm, we could use some combination of:

Oscillating war
No declaring war, only react to declarations.
Mid-game, start supporting a few rivals. In this game, what if Germany had owned everything on their side of the mountains? Or a bit earlier: What if Britain had taken over all of Spain, Canada, and Russia?

In the late game, we need a few large AIs (but hopefully not runaway!) to keep up with research, along with a mandate to avoid simply steamrolling them as is typical.

PM sent to Greebley.

Here are my thoughts on how we might do a space victory.

Special rules:
We are Xenophobic. We must become fascists when we get that Tech.
Also, we may only keep a maximum of 2 cities from each AI civ any other cities we capture must be raised. Exception is we may keep more than 2 cities if they have Great Wonders that help us. Capturing a city with an obsolete wonder does not help us so it would be be subject to razing if possible.
If we capture a Wonder city and already have 2 cities we must raze one of the other 2 unless they both have wonders. All captured cities must be starved to a population of 1 before they can grow.

Any foreign units in our lands must be asked to leave immediately. If the AI ignores our peaceful request we kill the interlopers. This is one of the 2 reasons for our declaring war. The other reason would be to stop an AI from winning.
Any offer of peace must be accepted if it does not require us giving the ai something (as such we cannot ignore any ai we are at war with that wants to talk to us).

Further I think we should be a Republic instead of a Monarchy.

Note: I am posting from a borrowed laptop, I should have my civ machine running by the end of the comming weekend.

Top Bottom