LK171, Daleks, CCM, True Fascists

Pre-turn:

MM a bit for growth in a few cities, otherwise things look good.

IBT:

Priest of some sort kills an Enslaver in the desert.
2 Chariots die attacking our Hussars
A third one runs over our Hussar
Treb dies on our Hussar
Invisible singer dies to our Hussar near Jerusalem
Invisible (Enslaver?) dies to our Camel in the desert.

660 AD:

Hussar runs down a MidEast Chariot
Cannon bombards MDI into submission

Battle of Jerusalem:
Hussar slaughters Late Pikeman
Hussar kills Late Pikeman
Hussar kills Late Pikeman and ... enters the city? This was too easy! The 15 Hebrew workers found in the ruins are weeping at the loss of the city's wonders. They will know the superiority of the Daleks!

Stray units:

Hussar kills Pikeman
Hussar kills MDI
Hussar kills Hebrew Spearman
Hussar kills Hebrew Spearman, promotes
Hussar dies
Hussar narrowly kills Hebrew Spearman
Enslaver captures Eastern Archer
Enslaver kills Eastern Archer
Cuirassier runs down Maccabee. Too bad for them that they're not fighting Greeks!
Cuirassier retreats
Hussar kills Maccabee
Hussar kills Maccabee
Hussar kills Maccabee
Hussar kills Maccabee
Hussar kills Hebrew Spearman, promotes

Hussar retreats
Hussar kills Catapult
Hussar kills Catapult
Cuirassier kills wounded MDI
Enslaver kills Crossbow
Hussar kills Medieval Catapult
Hussar dies
Hussar destroys Treb
Hussar destroys Medieval Catapult

IBT:

Enslaver gets killed by some invisible religious unit. Camels don't provide cover! I'm not sure if it's a king flag type thing or a stealth attack thing...
Chariot kills Hussar.

670 AD:

Battle of Kadesh:
Hussar dies
Hussar narrowly kills Late Pikeman, promotes
Hussar kills Spearman
Hussar kills Hebrew Spearman and burns the city. 5 Workers.

IBT:

Invisible unit (priest of some sort) kills our Camel near Indochina.
Fossil Energy > Econ
Skaro starves. Now for 40 turns of growth!

680 AD:

Battle of Samaria:
Hussar kills Pikeman
Hussar kills Pikeman
Enslaver captures MidEast Chariot and burns the city. No more Solomon's Temple.

Now for the Gathering of the Ranks at Hebron:
Hussar retreats
Hussar retreats
Hussar dies

The city holds for now.

IBT:

Canada declares war! :backstab:
Chariot retreats from Curse of Davros
Tusker kills our MDI

Lots of troops show up...

690 AD:

Hebron, second wave:
Hussar retreats

Hussar kills Pikeman
Hussar kills Eastern Archer
Cuirassier kills Eastern Archer

Cannon annihilates War Elephant
Our War Elephant crushes their War Elephant
African Knight dies
Cuirassier kills War Elephant
Cuirassier kills Knight
Hussar kills Knight
Hussar kills Knight
African Knight kills War Elephant
War Elephant smashes redlined Chariot
Hussar dies
Hussar kills wounded War Elephant.

Curse of Davros is safe for now.

British start East India Company

700 AD:

Hebron, third wave:
Hussar dies
Hussar kills Late Pikeman and destroys the city.

Handoff notes:

Israel is on the run, but Elath is awkwardly far away. I'd guess they have another 5 turns left in the game.

I started sending reinforcements to the NW to deal with Canada. The initial wave was no big deal, but they have more troops lurking W of Curse of Davros. Evil of the Daleks may come under attack, too.

It's about 30 turns to rails. We might speed that up by trading all our techs to Arabia, Britain, and Poland in hopes that they research something we can trade.

Canada would be on that list, except they just attacked us...

We get East India in 3 and Magellan's in 6 -- losing Wonder races is the one thing that gives me pause about trading.

Speaking of which, I set Skaro to build a Courthouse so that it can build Code Civil once we get Napoleonic Age.

I didn't plop down a city in Israeli lands yet. Maybe replace Jericho for the Gems?

Once Israel is out of the game, the army in that area could probably take down the Mongols.

I have a Settler heading towards Brazil. We might find a good site near the Alligators.

sg_377.jpg sg_378.jpgsg_379.jpg sg_380.jpg

Attachments

• LK171-700AD.SAV
    1,019.9 KB · Views: 6
With Canada turning us, am glad I left that stack in the west.

It is slow going, but the core or Israel is already razed. :)
Gaining 15 workers from Jerusalem was great.

I’m in no rush to get to railroads. I prefer to keep the tech lead. The one thing I didn’t see in the report was new contacts. We really need to find the civ feeding cash to Arabia.

ROSTER:
LKendter
Elephantium
Greebley (up)
Jersey Joe (on deck)

We must raze all the cities. They can’t be captured for even 1 second.
No workers may upgrade to partisans as we don’t want non-Daleks in our army. If we create a foreign partisan, it must be disbanded ASAP.
We are defiant. We must refuse all demands. The superior Daleks will not be ordered by other civs.
We can’t give up anything to get peace. We can't accept cities in peace.
We can’t complete Military Research Center until the appropriate age.

The 15 Hebrew workers found in the ruins are weeping at the loss of the city's wonders. They will know the superiority of the Daleks!
:thumbsup: Exterminate :hammer: Exterminate :hammer: Exterminate :hammer:
Maybe replace Jericho for the Gems?
Luxuries are always nice to control.
We might find a good site near the Alligators.
We should try and build the town so that its third ring borders mesh with the third ring borders of a town build to get the Tobacco.

ROSTER:
LKendter
Elephantium
Greebley (up)
Jersey Joe (on deck)

Last edited:
We really need to find the civ feeding cash to Arabia.
Maybe our one exploring ship should sail west and meet the British and the other nations near the British before sailing west to meet China. Why haven't we finished sailing around our land mass?

Glad we found one of the cash cows.

IIRC fossil energy revealed coal. Do we have some?

Yep, we have two sources. One is in the forest south of Skaro :lol:

The other is down by Genesis of Evil (which also has Iron in the city radius!)

Some teasers: We also have 2 sources of Rubber;
a new source of Settlers

and one less opponent to our domination

Currently, I am not taking the offensive vs Canada, they are to far away. I am waiting for them to send troops to us to be exterminated (though maybe Elephantium exterminated their "free" troops). The way to Canada should be through Indo-china.

I am considering using our eastern Army to exterminate the Mongols. Also, I am massing an force to exterminate Brazil.

Any thoughts on the next target(s)?

It'll be a bit before we get rails. In the meantime, the troops in Old Israel could go after the Mongols.

On the western front, we could mass our troops and punch through Indochina to make it easier to get to Canada :trouble:

It'll be a bit before we get rails. In the meantime, the troops in Old Israel could go after the Mongols.
I figure 26-30 turns to learn rails. 2 turns to finish Steam Power then 4 turns each for: Military Tradition->Medicine->Enlightenment->Napoleonic Age->Industrialization->Democracy->Railroad. With luck we need 26 turns if we can get Medicine from the Ai. Also, Democracy (unlikely the Ai could learn it if we don't trade Enlightment) has been delayed learned it right after Industrialization to give added time to build Factories and Gas Holders and Hospitals before learning Railroads and gives time to start some pre-builds.
On the western front, we could mass our troops and punch through Indochina to make it easier to get to Canada :trouble:
My thoughts exactly, exterminate the enemy on our flank before getting to Canada.

Continuing 700 AD: Do some MM and short rushes.

710 AD:
Raze Bethlehem, Hussars exterminate an Israeli Late Pike and a Spearman (2, 0). The town is razed.
Hussars exterminate a Pikeman, a Crossbow and a Long Bow (5, 0).

720 AD:
Raze Jericho, Cannon exterminate 2 Israeli Late Pike (7, 0). The walls come tumbling down. :mischief:

East of Curse of Darvos, Hussar exterminates Canadian Bombard (8, 0).

IBT: We complete building East India Company.

730 AD:
Northwest of Evil of the Daleks, Camel Musketeer eliminates a Canadian Spearman (9, 0).

740 AD:
Raze Elath, Cuirassier eliminates Israeli Late Pike (10, 0); Hussar eliminates Spearman (11, 0). The town is razed.

Israel is Exterminated. :hammer::hammer::hammer:

East of Curse of Darvos, A Knight, a Cuirassier, and a Hussar exterminate 3 Canadian Bombards (14, 0).

Looks like I missed big selling opportunity :aargh: Turkey has gained a few thousand gold and no longer needs Fossil Enegry. :sad:
Sell Fossil Energy to Britain for World Map, 149 gold, and 99 gpt.
Sell Fossil Energy to Lowlands for World Map, 58 gold, and 32 gpt.
Sell Free Artistry to Austria-Hungary for World Map, 99 gold, and 48 gpt.
Sell Free Artistry to Poland for World Map, 52 gold, and 41 gpt.

I just noticed, Poland as acquired a few Brazilan towns. Looks like we are going to have a short quick war with Brazil. :trouble:

750 AD:
East of Curse of Darvos, Hussars exterminate a Canadian Spearman and Archer (16, 0).

We let Brazil know that we are going to exterminate :hammer: them.

Raze Sao Paulo, Hussar exterminates Brazilian catapult (17, 0). The city is razed.
Hussar exterminates Late Pike and captures a Settler (18, 0).

IBT: China declares war on the Arabs.

760 AD:
I expected the Ai to learn Medicine before Military Tradition. :yup:

Barter Steam Power to Turkey for Military Tradition and 4346 gold.
Sell Steam Power to Arabia for 4724 gold.
Sell Humanism to Maghreb for 60 gold and 71 gpt.
Sell Mercantilism to Austria-Hungary for 52 gold and 41 gpt.

East of Curse of Darvos, Lawyer signs Indo-Chinese Spearman to comedy contract (19, 0).

IBT:
Lawyer kills Mongol Golden Horde who runs into him (20, 0).

770 AD:
Our exploring ship meets the Greeks.
Sell Greece Humanism for world map, 4 gold and 54 gpt.
Sell Steam Power to Lowlands for 107 gold and 92 gpt.
Sell Steam Power to Britain for 38 gold and 26 gpt.
Sell Fossil Energy to Austria-Hungary for 91 gold and 81 gpt.

Indo-China has many mounted troops near Curse of Davos. It is an opportune time to exterminate them.

We inform Indo-China that they are going to be exterminated. :hammer:

East of Curse of Darvos: Our troops exterminate 3 Indo-Chinese Asian Knights, 6 War Elephants, 1 Chariot, 6 Camel Riders, 1 Camel Musketeer, 1 Horse Archer, 2 Spearmen, 2 Medieval Infantry,and a Trebuchet (42, 0). Plus we got a Great leader who rushes a University in Evil of the Daleks.

We inform the Mongol Khanates that their golden Hordes roaming about in undeveloped Dalek-Israel territory is a serious affront to us. The only solution is to exterminate :hammer: them. :yup:

In Dalek-Israel Territory: We lose 1 Hussar exterminating 13 Mongol Golden Hordes, 2 Chariots, 4 Spearmen, 5 Siege Bows, 4 Crossbow, and an Archer (71, 1).

780 AD:
Swap Spices, Gems, and Furs to Poland for Coffee. :coffee:

East of Curse of Darvos: Our troops exterminate 2 Indo-Chinese Siege Crossbow, 2 Camel Musketeers, 3 Asian Knights, a Pikeman, 5 Spearman, a Swordsman, 2 Warriors, 3 Golden Archers, 2 Crossbows, and a Perwia (93, 1). Also, we got an Entertainer who preforms in Curse of Davos.

In Dalek-Israel Territory: Our troops exterminate 2 Mongol Spearman, 10 Crossbows, 3 Medieval Infantry, and 2 Archers (110, 1).

IBT: Brazil signs a peace treaty with Poland.

790 AD:
Raze Tabriz: Hussars exterminate 2 Mongol Firelancers (112, 1) and we get a Great Leader. The town is razed. The Great Leader provides us with Horse Artillery.
Horse Artillery exterminates Firelancer (113, 1); Cuirassier exterminates Bombard (114, 1) and we get a Great Leader. We lose 1 Hussar while exterminating 3 Medieval Infantry, and 2 Heavy Archers (119, 2).

Raze Brazilia, Hussars exterminate 3 Brazilian Late Pikes (122, 2). Brazilia is razed.

IBT: We learn Medicine and use the “big picture” to sell Medicine. :D:smug:
Sell Medicine to Turkey for 8612 gold.
Sell Medicine to Arabia for 4207 gold.
Sell Medicine to Britain for 122 gold and 46 gpt.

800 AD:
East of Curse of Darvos: Our troops exterminate an Indo-Chinese Spearman, 2 Crossbows and a Warrior (126, 2).

Raze Daidu: Husar exterminates Mongol Golden Horde (127, 2); Musketeer attacks Invisble Unit, Hussars exterminate 3 Firelancers, a Crossbow, Enslaver exterminates an Invisble Unit (132, 2). Daidu is razed. Hussar exterminates Enslaver (133, 2).

Raze Salvador, Hussars exterminate 2 Brazilian Late Pikes (135, 2). Salvador is razed.

I did not check for trades (other than to sell Medicine) this turn.

Screen shots are in my next post.

Notes and Suggestions:
  • Our Settler (labeled Dalek-West) just arrived in Dalek-Brazil and is on the white dot to build. It is right next to Wine.
  • A Settler labled Dalek-USA will reach the blue dot (marked on map to follow) next turn. Feel free to change to another location, maybe even go and settle by our Fruit Colony (yellow dot suggested).
  • I think I exterminated most of Indo-China’s mounted troops.
  • I do not have us learning Democracy until after we learn Industrialization. This gives us a chance to build Factories, and Gas Holders and start a pre-build for the Crystal Palace before learning Railroads. Also, there is a chance that we might be able to trade for it.
  • I have a Camel Musketeer moving north in the desert by Indo-China, His mission is the contact the Canadians and the Turks
  • I have 2 Camel Musketeers exploring by Turkey and headed toward Russia. The is also a Naval Explorer heading toward Persia and Russia.

Attachments

• LK171-800AD.SAV
    1.1 MB · Views: 4
Here is Dalek-Brazil and potential build sites. Red dot is for far future and I think it could be postioned a liitle better.

Here is build spot in Dalek-USA

Next is Potential build spot (yellow dot) in Dalek-Israel where we now have a colony.

Next is the eastern front in soon to be Dalek-Mongol.

Finally, here is Dalak-Aztec and soon to be Dalek-Indo-China

I have a Camel Musketeer moving north in the desert by Indo-China, His mission is the contact the Canadians and the Turks.
I am wondering what the message of this ambassador to both civs will be. Happy Eastern ? :D

Top Bottom